+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Longest Yard

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Longest Yard

Quote Originally Posted by CherryBlossom18 View Post
    I haven't seen it,but it doesn't look too interesting cause to me it's just another football movie and there's plenty of them out there. I like Adam Sandler and it was nice to know there were WWE wrestlers in it, but that's all the goodness it seemed to have going for it. Maybe after I see it I might change my mind.
    thats were ur wrong. normal footbal movies are like this : team does bad, some miracle happens, they win allota games to get to the championship, and in the dying seconds, they win. this movie is not only bout that, but bout blackmail, and the funny rumours you hear in jail (DONT DROP THE SOAP ) so i recommend this movie. its prett funny, yet the soundtrack is kinda immature, like when their playing in the mud, song goes on call 'My Ballz - by D12' (R.I.P Proof) and if you listen to the song, ull eather laff or throw up. XD

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Eh. I didn't really find this movie that appealing. I mean Adam Sandler as another football player?

I don't see why football, prison, and Adam Sandler supposedly mesh so well together. Oh don't drop the soap or having the toughest guys in the joint end up being sensative, or a bunch of crossdressing homos. Blacks and whites are seperated, blackmail is an occurence.

Yeah like these havn't been done before in a hundred different movies. I am not talking about the significance of it being a remake, but nothing in the movie is that unique or noticebly stands out. Of course a lot of films are that way, but I don't see why this should be any different than those.

I am a fan of Sandler's, but I think he did a better job in Spanglish and Click myself and they were also interesting roles for him.

Also, this movie isn't even that successful compared to his other works. It may have may have made a bit at the box office, but not a lot are going to put this beside Billy Madison, Big Daddy, Meet Deeds or whatever, or Saturday Night Live for that matter. It falls pretty short in comparison, and after 2 years being realeased..it doesn't still doens't seem to grab all that much attention.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RayMe View Post
    yup... @.@ nigger... harsh word to say at a black guy...

this is a stand up comedy by Chris rock about racist... ehh.. this movie is a little racist right? and chris rock just happen to be a star in this movie too XD

so here.. ^^ enjoy YouTube - chris rock- racism
    wait amminute? ur allowed to swear hear?
    when did this happen?

oh, and also i herd that there is gonna be a sequel, any truth to that?

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raimann View Post
    wait amminute? ur allowed to swear hear?
    when did this happen? oh, and also i herd that there is gonna be a sequel, any truth to that?
    I am pretty sure that is a racial slur commonly made by racist.

Longest Yard was a remake, so why would they make a sequel. Would be odd if they did, probably will really crasha nd burn if it comes out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    I am pretty sure that is a racial slur commonly made by racist.

Longest Yard was a remake, so why would they make a sequel. Would be odd if they did, probably will really crasha nd burn if it comes out.
    lol you know what i mean.....o well
    maybe the rumors were made to help adam sandlers career
    cuz recently, there has been NO good movies

Thanks

lol you know what i mean.....o well
    maybe the rumors were made to help adam sandlers career
    cuz recently, there has been NO good movies
    Well the Longest Yard came out in 2005 and Click came out in 2006. Those were pretty descent movies at the box office.

I mean he may be working on something big. Doesn't necesarrily need to make 1-2 movies a year. If you made that many, probably consider yourself a bad actor, or some supporting role.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    Well the Longest Yard came out in 2005 and Click came out in 2006. Those were pretty descent movies at the box office.

I mean he may be working on something big. Doesn't necesarrily need to make 1-2 movies a year. If you made that many, probably consider yourself a bad actor, or some supporting role.
    recently i mean like CLICK was good, but no where as good as HAPPY GILMORE or BIG DADDY, iunno, alotta good comedy actors back in the day are makin sub-par movies. but the movie im lookin forward to is called Reign Over Me. he plays a guy who looses his family during the 9/11 attacks and goes to an old college friend. another movie coming out from him is Inglorious Bastards which is being written by QUINTEN TARRENTINO, which makes kick ass movies _______________________> Inglorious Bastards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks

recently i mean like CLICK was good, but no where as good as HAPPY GILMORE or BIG DADDY, iunno, alotta good comedy actors back in the day are makin sub-par movies. but the movie im lookin forward to is called Reign Over Me. he plays a guy who looses his family during the 9/11 attacks and goes to an old college friend. another movie coming out from him is Inglorious Bastards which is being written by QUINTEN TARRENTINO, which makes kick ass movies _______________________> Inglorious Bastards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You know, I guess that would probably be the reason why I didn't think the Longest Yard was that special. I mean personally, when it comes to his comedy, nothing is going to stand up to Happy Gilmore or Big Daddy in my eyes.

I thought Spanglish was a good stepping stone for him to really expand as an actor. Get out the slap stick comedy routine and start to really show how great of an actor he really is. That Reign Over Me, I think is the right move and can really show his potentail as an actor.

Sort of how Bill Murray's role in 'Lost in Translation'. I personally thought that was a great movie and something long overdo. After a while, actors want to leave behind the memories of a real masterpiece and work that can be acknowledged as something reward worthy. The comedy is good, but growing up is part of the game and most actors who get into comedy strive for the serious positions. Jackie Chan for instance..he will probably never be able to recieve that chance and it is a shame.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast