+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The lost and forgotten or those considered classics?

Newbie dustin scott is off to a good start dustin scott's Avatar
    Thanks

The lost and forgotten or those considered classics?

ok, so i'm not sure if this is in the right section or not but i figured what the hell, why not.

ok, so i was just curious as to how many people remember these old shows and if anyone used to watch them when they where still around.

if you watched them then also please tell us what YOU think happened to them and if you where able to bring them back, would you.

to start the list we have:

zelda

pac man

super mario brothers

mega man

mighty max

heman

ok, now if anyone else has anything to add feel free because that all i can think of that i haven't seen on toonami or cartoon network during the late night. thanks in advance for your input. i look forward to seeing what responses i get from this.
    Last edited by aceman67; Feb 13, 2008 at 11:36 PM. Reason: If you can't use colors that can be read against the dark background, dont use them at all
    It seems to me,that if you or i must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying, and try so to live, that our death brings no pleasure on the world.
    - jhon steinbeck

Newbie ZeelZy is off to a good start ZeelZy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: the lost and forgotten or just considered classics?

the only ones i no that had a show were mario, heman and mega man. Did pac man really have a show wow...any ways what happened to them is they got old and there not on tv any more thats all
    EIN!!

Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Thanks

In general they got old, but until now some shows are unforgotten & some of them are liked such as Mega man which his games are played by many (I'm one of them)

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Two on the list should not even be there: Zelda and Mario. Both just recently came out with new games (Zelda and the Phantom Hour Glass, and Mario Galaxy).

Pac Man is just a classic. It was one of the first arcade games.

HeMan holds a place in my heart, it was something I watched growing up when I was a kid. Classic. Although a very corny classic.

Mighty Max was something that they brought out when I was 7 or something to promote a male version of Polly Pocket, and failed miserably. They even had a show about it that didn't last long.

Newbie dustin scott is off to a good start dustin scott's Avatar
    Thanks

yea, mario and zelda both had great tv shows when i was a kid but they got canceled due to some copyright infringments. they where still great saturday morning cartoons.

pac man was canceled for the same reasons even though it had top ratings for being a saturday morning cartoon on ABC.

HeMan was just classic and even had a movie which was decent but the movie was a sign of it going under.

anyone remember voltron? i haven't seen that on in a few years or so.
    It seems to me,that if you or i must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying, and try so to live, that our death brings no pleasure on the world.
    - jhon steinbeck

Otaku TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey do you guys remmeber Sailor Moon? It is my favorite of the old animes, I don't know if it counts as a classsic though.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I'm going to move this to Sensory Pleasures since it's probably not exclusively about anime classics.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The lost and forgotten or those considered classics?

IT'S THE SUPER MARIO BROS. SUPER SHOW!!!! *dances to Mario rap*

GOD, I miss those days!!! Back in the good times with Nintendo cereal and Captain N on Saturday mornings. (Yeah, you forgot about him! )

Zelda was in the same block as The Super Mario Super Show, so you got the best of both worlds back then. But then Mario and Link parted ways and got their own half-hour blocks, which wasn't so bad. Captain N rocked my socks! A guy with a Power Glove and a NES controller for a belt?? Hell yeah!! That sounds like me now! LOL.

He-Man... If you don't know who He-Man and The Masters of the Universe are, you're either too young or on crack. LOL. My cousin and I had EVERYTHING He-Man. Castle Grayskull, Skeletor, She-Ra.... We had the whole damn setup. Remember the He-Man action figures that had the "Battle Damage" chests? If ya hit one, his chest would flip inside-out and reveal a deep gash where his flawless armor used to be. Fun times, I tell ya!

Might Max and Pac-Man were whack, so I won't go in to those series. (I can save my fingers that way.)

Megaman... Where to begin? Megaman had beat Sonic the Hedgehog at one point in time, when it came to which show I watched the most. They were on within the same years, I believe--I'm getting old... I think the best episode of Megaman was when Megaman X showed up. It had the most action in it, and it was the last episode I had ever seen. Channel 9 had cancelled it after that.

Where's the love for Sonic, BTW? That hedgehog had THREE series on TV, but he gets no props? I, being the Sega Nut I am, won't let that happen. The best version of Sonic on TV was the one that came on ABC on Saturday mornings. It was based directly from the Archie Comics version and was well written. Steve Urkel did a good Sonic too! It even had moments of suspense! The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog was also a good show (at least if you needed filler for when the good version wasn't on during the week) and was voiced by that kid who played Steve Urkel as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast