+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LOTR: The Third Age

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

LOTR: The Third Age

I've finally gotten around to playing Lord Of The Rings: The Third Age for PS2 (It's also on XBox)... And I am in love with it.

It's a turn-based RPG style game based on the films. You play a character named Berethor, who is a captain of Gondor. You are charged with finding Boromir and aiding him on his quest with the Fellowship. Of crouse, along the way you pick up an elf, dwarf, ranger, and some other characters later on. You actually follow in the footsteps of the Fellowship, and Gandalf is "speaking into your mind" and letting you know what to do, pretty much.

The look is based on the movies, and they included a LOT of footage from the films. Ian McKellen (Gandalf!) lends his voice to the game, which is really great. The music is taken straight from the movies as well, which is really nice.

The battle system allows you to switch party members out. You also have a great customization menu so you can learn all the skills you want/need. You also can build your characters' stats the way you want them.

When you complete a chapter, you get to play "Evil Mode" which allows you to play as the bad guys :3 Orcs, godblins, Watcher In The Water!, and yeah... the NAZGUL!! (I love me some Nazgul)

(I'd post up some screen shots and what not, but I can't at the moment...LOL!)

I wanted to see if anyone else has played the game (for either system), and what you thought of it. (And why, please!) ^.^

Personally, I was really surprised at how well done the game is. The voice acting and dialogue can be cheesy at times, but still tolerable. I love Some of the characters are really awful in battle when you first get them, and it takes time to build up. But it ends up being worth it. I also can see where it can get daunting, because the game is soooooo long. I'm not even half-way through it (T_T)
    Last edited by Spike'sRose; Sep 23, 2009 at 09:00 AM. Reason: typo! :O

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: LOTR: The Third Age

Oh I love that game, i played it for xbox. Lotr is probably (other than dbz) my favorite fictional universe and ill play anything from the LOTR franchise. my favorite character had to be hadhod.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: LOTR: The Third Age

I'm the same way with LOTR.

I love how it gives a little more detail on a lot of topics and characters, too... Not to mention it's just... Fun to play.

Hadod is brutal. He has some great one-liners for sure. Elegost is awesome after I worked on him a bit... And Berethor is a damage machine... LOL!

And that's what I really love... you can customize the characters anyway you want.

+ Reply to Thread