+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Lovely Bones

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

The Lovely Bones

Greetings, AO Community!!! I just want to ask, who here has read this book, The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold? If you've read it, how did you find this book?

I've read this book and found it quite disturbing and depressing. The story is about a girl who dies a tragic death and while she does go to heaven, she is still sad as she can only watch from above what happens to the world she left, how her family and friends cope with her death and eventually go on with their own lives without her, while she on the other hand, feels a deep sadness in her heart remain because of her unfulfilled dreams and of her life which she feels ended unfairly. This story is different in a way that it begins with a death, yet through healing on both sides of the world, it ends with hope. The novel covers various aspects, not just that of within the family, and is dealt with effective drama and realistic emotions moving to the heart, while the author is terrific in her writing and depiction. It's a good story, and I recommend it for those who haven't read it yet.

Imagine if you're the mother or the father, and that one ordinary day your son/daughter never came back home from school. You never saw your child again, or in the case of this story, what is left seen of her is only a bone of her elbow, nothing more... You don't know what happened to your child, only that he/she has suffered in the last moments of his/her life, and that you were not there to help him/her...

Anything that can be said about the subject would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by eleonne; Apr 28, 2006 at 06:40 AM.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Lovely Bones

It's very scary and depressing ... I would like to read it ... poor girl

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, it seems like a really lovely story........ I hope to read it sometime.

The storyline is really good, and all I can really say is, death of a loved one in any form at all yields indescribable pain....... it is amazing how the story could actually end in hope, I would love to see how it takes a turn of events.....
    Kastelic's creation

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bassdudez
    Hmm, it seems like a really lovely story........ I hope to read it sometime.

The storyline is really good, and all I can really say is, death of a loved one in any form at all yields indescribable pain....... it is amazing how the story could actually end in hope, I would love to see how it takes a turn of events.....
    Not one of my usual reads, I agree with bass. The storyline did pull me in, I just hope it wont leave me high and dry.
    Seduced by Flesh

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Moving to sensory pleasures!
    Last edited by Hassun; Apr 30, 2006 at 05:33 PM.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

It was a pretty good read, and I believe Peter Jackson is making a movie of it.

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazuka
    It was a pretty good read, and I believe Peter Jackson is making a movie of it.
    I heard that it would be coming out in 2007. I'm pretty excited and anxious about it at the same time. I hope it turns out okay and doesn't spoil the book for those who have read it already.

+ Reply to Thread