The thread name kinda has an "emo" ring to it, but it's not. This thread is about video game characters that died or left simply because the story said so. I'm talkin' about characters like Aeris(ff7) and Snake(at least in MGS2 where you get to be him for a moment and suddenly you end up playing as one of the Hanson brothers)...Were you disappointed by these kinds of turns of events in your gaming life? Well, let's not just talk about disappointments, let's also talk about positivity, were you happy that the character whom you thought was a burden and a pain in the arse died or at least ended up as an NPC so he couldn't drag the rest of your party to hell? anywho, here's mine..

Shinjiro, from persona 3...Well he's my kind of character in Persona 3(along with AIgis), with the axe and the heavy movements he was the heavy hitter of P3. I kinda related to hischaracter since i looked like him when i had long hair, and we live the same lifestyle-the KINDA sex, drugs, and rock n roll lifestyle as popculture would call it. By the early-mid point of the game, they start introducing him through cut scenes and some stuff...It was like the game was tellin' you that you're about to get your hands on a badass character sooner or later. By the mid point he actually joins your gang and becomes a playable character. I power-leveled him to actually reach the levels of my characters(coz in p3, they give you low-lev characters compared to your previous ones), i made him wield the best equipment available in my inventory. A few (human)days after i acquired him, story mode spoils all and he dies because of another character(a lame and pathetic kid that lacked charisma) which sucked in my opinion..He died takin' all of the good stuff with him to the grave, talk about adding insult to injury. I went on with the game(up until they thought that tartarus was gone after they killed all those bosses) without the enthusiasm and i ended up quitting on it without even finishing it...

I think this thread has a "list" potential so please let's not make it like that.