+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Making backups of your own CDs is illegal according to Sony

Otaku Redragon495 is off to a good start Redragon495's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Making backups of your own CDs is illegal according to Sony

This plain out stupid if you own the cd you should be able to make backups, so like if your cd gets scratched(happened alot to my games when i let friends borrow them) then you can still listen to the to your music.
    I sEe YoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Making backups of your own CDs is illegal according to Sony

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    This is just a scare tactic. They can't send 200 million people to jail because they back up their music or download music. That would be a bigger waste of money. All music should be free. Most bands make enough from concerts and appearances to survive and continue producing music.

Besides downloading is the future. Eventually CDs will become obsolete and everything will be downloaded.
    Ur correct man, it is jus' a scare tactic and one that isn' gonna work. Too many ppl out there make back-ups for, or archive, their music. As soon as some1 challenges them in court, their arguement will buckle. I don' c how, if I purchase a CD and a music company acknowledges that I own it, that the same company can have a say in whether or not I can rip said CD. By law, I own that CD and evrythin' on it, includin' the music; so I should have the right ta do wit it as I wish, regardless of what they haveta say 'bout it, 'cause it's my property. If I wanna toss it inta a fire, I should have the right ta do so. If I wanna use it as a frezbie wit my 5 year old nephew, I should have the right ta do so. So if I wanna rip the music off the CD and save it onta my pc, I should have the right ta do so. I don' feel that these companies have the right ta waste taxpayers money in feeble attempts try and impose totalitarianistic-like control over what ppl can do wit their own property. I hope that our Judicial system will shut them down 'fore this gets too outta hand.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2