+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Males playing female characters?!

Newbie FinalXepher is off to a good start FinalXepher's Avatar
    Thanks

Males playing female characters?!

i'm a guy who plays as a female character when i play video games. i used to hear it from my friend all the time how weird it was. i mean it's not like i dress them up in the skimpiest clothing possible but it's something i've done for a while. i'm not gay but i'm not sure why i do it. maybe i enjoy playing as an attractive girl but i also have no problem playing as a guy character. it's just that i always choose the female over the male. is there anything wrong with this???

PS: im sorry if this in the wrong section. i wasn't whether it should go in the cyber lounge or sensory pleasures but since its about video games i put it here

If this world is hell,
    then God is nicer than everyone thinks

Newbie WildEast is off to a good start WildEast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Males playing female characters?!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I mean it is a matter of persenal preference.I don't find it strange. I do think it is up to the player/person to choose the things/characters they want, regardless of their gender. I mean I am a girl and I remeber when I played the first resident evil in 1998 on psx. I chose chris( the male protaginist) over the jill (that's female character)
    " It is only the dead have seen the end of the war " - Plato

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WildEast View Post
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I mean it is a matter of persenal preference.I don't find it strange. I do think it is up to the player/person to choose the things/characters they want, regardless of their gender. I mean I am a girl and I remeber when I played the first resident evil in 1998 on psx. I chose chris( the male protaginist) over the jill (that's female character)
    that understandable but there are some that are rather considered odd. like playing a non-adventure type mmorpg as a female character and goes on a date with male characters.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I guess it isn't all that common, but I don't consider it that weird. I will occasionally play as female characters in games just to mix it up, I mean if playing as a chick is weird, everyone whose ever played Metroid is a freak. I have a friend whose kinda like you, usually only plays as chick characters? We give him shit for it, but in the end we've all done it.

now rematche brings up a good point though, people who play as chicks in MMORPGS and do dates and stuff, that's kinda weird. However, that comment reminds me of an experiment one of my friends did on Runescape. Basically he made a female character and made lots of friends with male characters and went on dates and stuff just to get free stuff from them. It's ingenious really, not to mention really funny to us. So MMO players, be careful, cuz the chick you're e-dating might just be a dude. XD

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    now rematche brings up a good point though, people who play as chicks in MMORPGS and do dates and stuff, that's kinda weird. However, that comment reminds me of an experiment one of my friends did on Runescape. Basically he made a female character and made lots of friends with male characters and went on dates and stuff just to get free stuff from them. It's ingenious really, not to mention really funny to us. So MMO players, be careful, cuz the chick you're e-dating might just be a dude. XD
    yes...true, for tactical reason(s), that's an understandable act. but only a few people does that compared to the larger numbers. still...there are a lot of odd and weird individuals out there especially in the net.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

well i am a girl so here will be "Females playing Males characters"

T,T i wish all games have two characters to play with >< becasue sometimes when i play games i don't like playing as a guy , like Need for Speed T,T i feel like it is a game for boys and not for girls , why can't the driver be a woman and guy XD a cute guy help her T,T , >.> and not a girl when i play Need for Speed i just keep saying " WAAAAA i am a girl too!!T.T " LOL , well that is the why with all games >,< ... but in the end i don't mined as long the game is good ^,^ ... that is all what it matter ^^ ... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

There's nothing strange about that at all. I play video games using female characters pretty often. I'd say that half the time I'm gaming, I use an even amount of male and female characters. Depending on the game, I prefer to play using female characters. Especially fighting games. ^_^

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

It was my understanding the guys played as girls to "have something nice to look at" while they're playing, but i guess there are other reasons as well! also, the girls have more choice when it comes to outfits and accessories, but i'm not sure if that's a priority.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast