+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Males playing female characters?!

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Males playing female characters?!

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    that understandable but there are some that are rather considered odd. like playing a non-adventure type mmorpg as a female character and goes on a date with male characters.
    Lol

Anyways, I don't think it's weird for people to play characters of the other gender. It is a matter of a choice on their part.

The other side to this is sexual harassment / sexual discrimination which has crossed over to the internet. For some people, playing characters of the other gender make them feel stronger emotionally or makes the view a lot better. I've heard a wide range of reasons for why people do this.
    Again this still isn't weird. It's just adjusting to a new set of circumstances

I think that makes sense. Well I hope it makes sense

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

To me, choosing a character to play has nothing to do with whether or not they're male. It all depends on what kind of skills they can learn, how strong they are, etc. Or, if none of that comes into consideration, I'll go for the one with the most interesting personality as a character. Who wants to play as a male character if that character is a total douche (and not even the cool kind)? The same goes for a female character.

I remember once a friend and I (both guys) were playing a 2-player video game, and we actually fought over playing a girl character, not for any statistical reason, but simply because we both gravitated towards that character. She wasn't much of a pretty character, either.

Newbie Nocturne is off to a good start Nocturne's Avatar
    Hidin' in your windows, snatchn' your people up.
    Thanks

As a girl, I always played male characters. I never like customizing women over men for some reason. Once I met my boyfriend, I've been playing girls now. Kinda hate it, but he doesn't want to play with me and act like a gay couple in a MMO. >.>

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    ...he doesn't want to play with me and act like a gay couple in a MMO. >.>
    LOL! That sounds like it would turn out to be an interesting event. ^_^

If I had a girl, I would die laughing every time she played as a male character in an MMORPG because, I know that we'd be having all these lovey dovey comments floating back and forth and everyone would assume that it's two guys in a relationship. I'd probably even go along with their assumptions, just because you never know who you're really dealing with on the internet.

Newbie Nocturne is off to a good start Nocturne's Avatar
    Hidin' in your windows, snatchn' your people up.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I'd probably even go along with their assumptions, just because you never know who you're really dealing with on the internet.
    That's why I used to play male. xD So I wouldn't get hit on, though one time it backfired and this girl on Ragnarok online had this huge crush on me. Telling her the truth kinda sucked. lol

Orochimaru Fangirl ♥ | MMO Junkie

Newbie Captain Molesto is off to a good start Captain Molesto's Avatar
    Thanks

I love playing as male characters and I'm not a lesbian.
    I find it entertaining to be the opposite sex for awhile.

Newbie Hotspot is off to a good start Hotspot's Avatar
    Thanks

I actually prefer female characters over male, most of my favorite characters are female. I don't know why I tend to prefer them over the guys, but I do.
    I too play as characters I think are cool and have cool weapons or whatever, I guess girls usually have the kewler weapons XD

I don't think Orientation has anything to do with which gender you prefer to play as.

Newbie Angel of Darkness is off to a good start Angel of Darkness's Avatar
    The damp darkness of the forest's heartwoods
    Thanks

Wow, I didn't know there was such a social issue about the gender of people's game avatars. I'm a female who prefers playing male characters, and I never worried about whether that was weird or not. As to why, well . . . Male characters are more enjoyable to watch run around, true, but that's not the only reason I do it.

When I started playing computer/video games, they usually had a male character that you played. When I was younger I wanted a girl, but after a while I didn't care. Then I began playing games with cute male characters. Now it's been so many years that it feels weird to play a girl. Sometimes it's fun, sure, but mostly I just get irritated with them. Especially because a lot of female game protagonists are, in my opinion, badly written idiots. I find myself glaring and spitting at the screen, yelling 'What is wrong with you?!

Anyway, I still don't think it matters much. If you have the option to pick one or the other, you should go for the one you like playing as the most. If other people tease you, they're either just trying to goof around and don't mean anything, or are small-minded jerks who you're better off ignoring anyway.
    Tears are the feelings that a heart can no longer hold.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast