+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson burns the Bible

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Marilyn Manson burns the Bible

@ Gwenebie:
    Lol ^^ Marilyn Manson did that too (disgraced US national flag- I think he used it as toilet paper? Maybe burned? Maybe both) Well I guess you can just accept it and ignore it but I don't feel like. I feel like saying to him that of course he has a right to have his own opinion, but that is enough, he has already made everyone understand I think from the first act already...

@ Dark. (nice username ):
    Yea, that is what I thought at first indeed- I approached it as a way to show that the bible is nothing else by a book, that has been modified through the years and is only here to control us (which I think is quite true- it is actually my opinion), however, I've met some poeple here who really take the Bible close to their heart and, since thesedays, the pope or anything doens't have any real power, I don't think we should abuse these people with our opinions. As well as everyone has the right to say out his opinion, everyone else has the right to believe in what they want and live in a happy, sunshiny little place (some poeple find peace there).

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I look at it like this: The Christians who read the bible--oh, say 250+ years ago--were the very same people who burned books to keep black people from learning how to read, due to the "danger" we may cause in society. "Don't let that n****r read! He'll kill us all!" LOL.

The bible is a book. Nothing more, nothing less. It was written by mortal men, it's been burned (thousands of times over the course of history) by mortal men, and will probably out live most mortal men as long as people keep passing it down through the ages, like it has been. Marylin Manson may have offended Christians with his bible burning act, but when HASN'T he pissed of a bunch of Christians with his acts?

Before any Marylin Manson rumors were spread--back in '97 or so--my mom used to say that if I didn't give her my Manson CD, she'd take it by force because it's "Devil worshiper's music". When he was to play in Ozzfest a few years back, in Wisconsin; hundreds of Christians protested against his being there. So, instead of canelling Ozzfest (god forbid) they just told Manson to meet them at the next tour destination.

People--Christians, mainly--are gonna hate on him. That's what he wants, in my opinion. I'm not one to support offensive acts, or bible burning, but it happens. I wouldn't like Manson any less if I seen it live. Hell, people burn American flags all the time, but it's never made in to a big deal, is it?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

abby724 (Dec 24, 2007)

Thanks

It's not? O.o It's against the law in Latvia, the government was almost sued because of putting unquality flags (they all smutched in the rain) on a national celebration... And you HAVE TO put on flags near your home on celebrations- or there is a fee. I think it is something to take notice of.

Well I did really feel kinda abused. I already felt kinda odd because I was almost squished (eh, that can happen in any cnoncert...) and then a straight sign of how he hates Christians... It was like: "Get out of here you woman!" for me... I know I shouldn't have probably went to the concert then, but hell I love his music and religion is the only thing I now disagree with him, I didn't expect that he would burn a bible after all the issues he had with the previous incidents...

But I guess "it's better if they talk bad than if they don't talk at all" and I guess he loves to be hated and I guess he needed this act for publicity BAD (his latest album didn't get much popularity; it is said to be too mild and pop-like)

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Well in America isnt a illegal to burn the Flag? If so i think it should be illegal to burn the Bible

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    Well in America isnt a illegal to burn the Flag? If so i think it should be illegal to burn the Bible
    Why? When it is a persons personal belief to believe that it is just a book or not? A flag on the other hand is a symbol of a nation. Though the burning of them means the same thing, not everyone believes the the bible is all that important.

Thanks

Well but there are some who do believe it IS that important... And I think everyone should think about them, I don't think it is such a minority, Christianiy is very widely distributed and there are people to whom religion means the world.

I would like to hear the opinions of those who have different religions, like muslim, as far as I know, their laws conected to religion are sometimes very strict.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    Why? When it is a persons personal belief to believe that it is just a book or not? A flag on the other hand is a symbol of a nation. Though the burning of them means the same thing, not everyone believes the the bible is all that important.
    well what Im saying if you cant burn the flag becuase its a simple to the nation, what if you dont like your nation? what if you dont agree with what your nation does?

Burning the bible is a symbol of God, a symbol of hope to those who do believe, why now is it right to burn a Bible which is just as much of a symbol as the flag is?

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Thanks

Anime_being_good said it in a simple and better way. Indeed, the flag of your nation might (it is very not true, but do understand that some people might not even know what a flag is) mean completely nothing to me, nothing more than a piece of cloth. Is it ethical to burn it? No.

And even if I have my reasons for burning it, because "I hate US (for example)!!!" Aren't there other, more ethical, more normal, less dramatic and more persuasive ways of showing that? Like writing an article for the newspaper in place of hoping they will put your picture with the flag and read your opinion right from it?

It's the same in burning-of-bible case. Though in Mansons case we add just plain promotion, fame, "love of hate and hate of love", and the approval of his same-thinking fans.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast