+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson burns the Bible

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Marilyn Manson burns the Bible

I didn't mean to imply that it's right to burn the bible, it's obviously offensive to some people as is the burning of the flag.

Perhaps I should state that I also think that the banning of burning the flag is taking it a bit far in a democratic society. Even though I believe the act is stupid and those who burn it really have no point too it (same as the bible).

The point was that I don't think it's right to ban doing something because it's offensive to only some people. We are apart of a democratic society and therefore it's a persons right to express their opinions provided it's not physically harming some one.

and of course there are other ways to protest, there always is, It's just that some ways are more effective than others and the way that Manson did it, was clearly effective, though maybe he lacked the knowledge to understand that people can believe what they what. Then again, as I've stated the burning of the bible could have meant something else.

Ethically speaking, they should have a right to do so, but as you pointed out are they ethically alowed to when it offends some one?

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    I didn't mean to imply that it's right to burn the bible, it's obviously offensive to some people as is the burning of the flag.

Perhaps I should state that I also think that the banning of burning the flag is taking it a bit far in a democratic society. Even though I believe the act is stupid and those who burn it really have no point too it (same as the bible).

The point was that I don't think it's right to ban doing something because it's offensive to only some people. We are apart of a democratic society and therefore it's a persons right to express their opinions provided it's not physically harming some one.

and of course there are other ways to protest, there always is, It's just that some ways are more effective than others and the way that Manson did it, was clearly effective, though maybe he lacked the knowledge to understand that people can believe what they what. Then again, as I've stated the burning of the bible could have meant something else.

Ethically speaking, they should have a right to do so, but as you pointed out are they ethically alowed to when it offends some one?
    Now I can agree with you on that. But even the freedom of speech in America has its limits.....and so should everything

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Newbie supersonico may be famous one day supersonico may be famous one day supersonico's Avatar
    Thanks

welll... at least he's not burning a Qoran book. If he does... i dont wanna know what would happen to him( im serious, he would be lost). its better if u just let them act and do nothing
    Damned Japanese Otakuses

They always keep the good stuff in Japan

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Did you say a muslim? well here's one... Well to all of us.. muslims...the strong follower or just the normal ones... they hold dear the Quran... eventhough it is just a rewrite... it contains what been said by the god. We hold Quran so dear that when we place it.. it must be somewhere high and there must not be anything else on it.. even a paper... if we dropped it... we say "Astarfirrulah" or it is somewhat near to oh my god... or something.. im not sure of the meaning and then we some sort of hug it...

Well like Divine said... if a lunatic did that.. we can't do anything about that.. he dont have a mind that is ... well.. sane... If you value your religion and well i see that flags are in this too.. and your country,... im sure you wont burn the book or let another do that... ^^

We really treasure the Quran and we treat it with respect... theres even ettics in reading the Quran.. i don't know about the bible though..

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    Burning the bible is a symbol of God, a symbol of hope to those who do believe, why now is it right to burn a Bible which is just as much of a symbol as the flag is?
    Reality check!

To Hindus, COWS are sacred. How do you suppose they feel about Barbeques, McDonalds and tv commercials for Outback Steakhouse?

There is something called seperation of church and state. There's also a bill of rights which guarantees us BOTH freedom of speech and freedom of religion. Those are very much CORE American values, moreso than ANY "under God" in the pledge of allegience.

Burning a flag or bible hurts NO ONE. It is a victimless crime. We all have better things to worry about than restricting our rights further and endangering the status of our constitution than to create laws protecting oversensitive people in one religion from their critics.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Burning a flag or bible hurts NO ONE. It is a victimless crime.
    Why won't anyone think of those poor trees!?

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Because I'm busy smoking those trees! Heh heh heh......What's funny is that when someone burns something that supposedly contains the "word of god", nothing happens except for the immediate area being stunk up by smoke. No lightning bolts, no locusts, no threats of damnation by a disembodied voice...........get my point? Paper is paper, and tree is weed. If I have no papers for joints, I reach for a lil bit o' scripture. Don't worry, religious friends, I use a pipe anyways......Joints are good for traveling, but I'm a bowl smoker at home.
    Marilyn Manson amuses me, but I don't fall for the antics of rock stars........I'm more of a.........guy who believes the true test of a rock star lies within the music.........Marilyn tries too hard.......maybe he's had to look for something other than cutting himself with broken beer bottles to shock ppl............maybe he should go back to that.

A question for everyone: Would you go cow tipping in India?

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Burning the bible isn't bad. Maybe to those who read it and follow it. But in general, it's just burning another book.

Even I've done it. Me and my friend were walkng from school, and some guy was passing out mni-bibles. So I took one, took my friends lghter, light it on fire and said "Hail Satan!" (This was when I was claiming to be a Satanist, I still am, but I have a much deeper thought process and label myself something else. i also did it just t piss him off and others. It worked, lol)

Some girl yells "You Have NO right burning the bible!!!"
    Me: "Yes I do, he's spreading his religion, I'm spreading mine, through fire."

But by people claiming this shows me how society has been built. Honestly sitting in jail for burning a silly book. Then I must be sent to jail for quite some time. Ridiculous.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast