+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mario Kart

Newbie EternalDarkness790 is off to a good start EternalDarkness790's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mario Kart

Yeah I see what your saying. I played this one guy and his guest and his guest kept using stars and would reverse into me multiple times just to make sure I wouldn't finish the course. Quite irritating.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

that's why I hate Mario Kart Wii. I can dominate in DS, but just the other day I was playing it with a bunch of my friends at varying skill levels and we all won at least one or three times. What really sucks is being dropped from 1st to like 8th in the span of 3 seconds... my suggestion is to go to youtube and look up shortcuts and other cool tricks you can use on online players. practice online and in time trials and you'll eventually learn how to be a cheating bastard like the guys who lurk wi-fi.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Why are shortcuts cheats?
    Shortcuts can be considered secrets, but hardly should they be considered cheats.
    A glitch can be a cheat. But shortcut is just a well-placed gamble.

Most times it's risky to take the shortcut. As it could slow you down if you don't have a mushroom, or it could make you fall off into a pit.

It takes some skill to take those shortcuts, just as it was as tough to snake around the DS game (and if you didn't consider that tough, then the shortcuts ain't tough either).

I suggest you just play Worldwide and on varying times of the day...
    Regional usually increases the chances that you'll run into a shortcut-taker or a bonafide cheater...
    And depending what time of day it is, depends on the age group that's actually playing. Older players don't often take the shortcuts.

Or the best thing you can do is just specify friends and just play with them.

Either that or just stick with MK-DS... in MKWii, everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) has a chance at winning (as long as no one's using an item glitch). I actually prefer it that way - but that's not everyone's cup o' tea.

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EternalDarkness790 View Post
    Does anyone know any shortcuts at all or any in game cheats? I am opposed to cheating but on Wi-Fi people seem to be cheating.
    Wow.

I know that for some of the races. . . . there are some nifty shortcuts that you may not have otherwise noticed unless someone points them, you look at the cheats, or change the view of the track (I think this is hitting y).

Moving on, I've found that the longer you've been playing the game the easier it is to win when playing on a DS or anything else. Just stick with what you know, grab your question boxes, take some chances, avoid other cars when on certain track (Rainbow Road, Bowsers Castle), and complete the race.
    It's pretty hard to lose at Mario Kart, unless someone wrote a completely new program, gave themselves a Ferrari Enzo, and pimped out their engine, and just popped up one day and says: 'wanna race' me or something like that.

PS: cheaters never win. It's just some sort of optical illusion or something.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

short-cuts definitely aren't cheating I agree with Soshi, in fact you're a fool if you don't learn to master the game's built in shortcuts. But if your playing against people that know how to use glitches or have in codes, I see nothing wrong with stooping to their level. I never play the hackers very often anyway.

oh and Tula, in video games, cheaters ALWAYS win. Unless they're booted off the server. XD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2