+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mario Kart Wii.

Otaku Oroboros Champion nexusolus is off to a good start nexusolus's Avatar
    Thanks

Mario Kart Wii.

So has anyone bought this yet or played it at a freinds? What do you think about it? Do you like it? Whos your fav character? And do you prefer the karts or bikes?

A friend of mine bought Mario kart for the wii yesterday. We played from about 5:30pm to 8:45pm so we didnt get any amazing play time in yet. So far I am liking either koopa troopa or yoshi. Id also prefer to use a bike over the karts.

In Mario Kart for the Wii they have some interesting new levels, they also have brought back and tweeked soem old levels from all previous games in the series.

So what does AO think of this?

Made by me.

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mario Kart Wii.

Yeah I bought this game(Hint:I'm the friend). I love it. It has so many old levels like the ghost course from Super Mario Kart. I love playing with bikes and the new items in the game make it a lot harder...POW. Also the new courses are great fun. Overall I'll say the SugerScoot is my favorite vehicle. The battle mode owns to as everything is set in a team mode unlike double-dash. I'd give this game a 5 out of 5.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

A friend of mine has purchased it and says it very good. Online is perfect, no lag, can find other racers easy, up to 12 I think is how many race, which is nuts. I haven't gotten my hands on it yet but to either purchase it soon or sample it a bit at my friend's place, some the new courses looked really really interesting.

Otaku Cinlilly is off to a good start
    Thanks

I've heard about it and it sounds so epic. I can't wait to try it out. >D Playing against people online should be loads of fun. Besides, Mario Kart was like... one of the best games for the N64, lol. Bringin' it old school, yeahhh.

ಥ__ಥ

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm well-informed of the game (one of the main members of Nintendo Wii Fanboy... see if you could tell which one I am, haha)... and I just got the game today... but just barely...

Yeah... we were kinda' low on money... we recently spent a huge load on anniversary, so I had like few dollars on my credits and cashes... So...

But we got it! Barely, but still got it!
    I'll try it out tonight.

But as far as "how I generally think of it" :
    It's Mario Kart. What can go wrong? Even Double Dash was amazing if you played copious amounts of it!The online system works wonders, even with going against people WORLDWIDE.
    I heard people had complaints of the ranking system though... lots of people rocket through the sky, then fall flat on their faces in rank in less than 3 matches.

As for karts and bikes.

Bikes may seem great, but they can't go to orange sparks in added boosts, and wheelies and tricks (of which they use to speed themselves up) can easily be interrupted by being bumped from the side.
    Lots of people hated how advantageous bikes were to karts (seeing how they could beat any kart's top ghost time)... but the above flaws can easily ruin them in a full-kart race.

I just hope the battle-mode will be extra fun.
    I've seen tons of videos, but it's nothing compared to actually PLAYING it.
    I'll give a full review when I try it tonight (currently in library)...
    Last edited by Soshi Kitai; Apr 28, 2008 at 02:23 PM.

Newbie Starspirit may be famous one day Starspirit may be famous one day Starspirit's Avatar
    Thanks

I've played it a bit with my "bestest" friend, got it pre-ordered..and wam! played it for couple hrs..online is soooo much fun! The japanese people are soo good though, that! i have to warn you. My favorite character whom i like to play with is Toad! and his lil minibike, its soo cute!

http://www.myspace.com/starades

Otaku Eria is off to a good start Eria's Avatar
    Thanks

I so want to play this but cash is tight It is good to know that it is a good game though. I guess I will have to break down and rent it after reading all these posts.

I'm just me.

Newbie ZenAden is off to a good start ZenAden's Avatar
    Thanks

Its good to hear that the online play has no lag. Thats what mainly kills me about SSBB. Not too sure about that wheel, does it work well? Can you use a regular controller?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast