+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maximum the Hormone

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Maximum the Hormone

As a few of you know, Maximum the Hormone did the opening and ending theme for Death Note (2nd opening/ending). I am quite fond of the songs they did for Death Note, so I downloaded them, and found a few more that are streaming on my MySpace.

What I'm posting this thread for is to find out whether or not anyone else likes this band. I am very entertained by this band and find their music to be some of the best metal I've heard in ages! Comparable to Dir en Grey for sure.

They sound like a mixture of System of a Down, Mindless Self Indulgence, Dir en Grey and Slipknot. I love me some hard rockin' metal, and the screams are a big plus.

These guys rock my friggin' socks! What is everyone else's opinion about this band? Do you think they're any good? Why do you like/dislike this band?

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Maximum the Hormone

Maximum the Hormone rocks! They really put emotion in their songs. You can FEEL that they mean what they sing, even if it's "ningen F*CKER." Their songs have such great lyrics, too. Fun times, fun times . . .

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

I must say, this is an odd coincidence. I downloaded the openings and closing for Death Note a while back and today with some random shuffling through music I saw them. I listened to Zetsubou Billy. Instantly became one of my favorite songs. I am really going to look into getting a hold some more of their music.

Also they kind of remind me of Coheed and Cambria...mixed with other bands. Least in the song I have listened to.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    Maximum the Hormone rocks! They really put emotion in their songs. You can FEEL that they mean what they sing, even if it's "ningen F*CKER." Their songs have such great lyrics, too. Fun times, fun times . . .
    I totally understand what you mean when you say you can feel what they mean. I feel this rush of energy whenever I listen to their music. I don't speak the most fluent Japanese, but when I listen to Maximum the Hormone, it's like they're speaking to me in a language only I can understand, LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairu View Post
    I must say, this is an odd coincidence. I downloaded the openings and closing for Death Note a while back and today with some random shuffling through music I saw them. I listened to Zetsubou Billy. Instantly became one of my favorite songs. I am really going to look into getting a hold some more of their music.

Also they kind of remind me of Coheed and Cambria...mixed with other bands. Least in the song I have listened to.
    Zetsubou Billy has to be one of the best songs in history! ^_^
    It's the first thing you hear when you go to my MySpace profile.

It's such a good song, there are people on YouTube playing piano versions of it! LOL. I seen an american band play a cover of it, except they made up their own English lyrics and changed the title. If it wasn't for the butchered lyrics and crappy vocalist, they'd have sounded just like MTH.

Koi no Mega Lover is a good song too. It sounds kinda poppy at first, but then it makes this transition from pop rock to "I'll rock your face!!!" It's awesome! I'm gonna try to find more of their music. If I do, I'll share it with you guys! ^_^
    Last edited by atomik_sprout; Jan 25, 2008 at 12:29 PM.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Zetsubou Billy has to be one of the best songs in history! ^_^
    It's the first thing you hear when you go to my MySpace profile.

Koi no Super Lover is a good song too. It sounds kinda poppy at first, but then it makes this transition from pop rock to "I'll rock your face!!!" It's awesome!
    Those two songs are my favourite from the band ^_^. Like most people it seems, I discovered them thanks to Death Note. I can't say that I like all their music, but there are a few of their songs that I love.

'Chu chu Lovely Muni Muni' is also a pretty funky song from them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    Those two songs are my favourite from the band ^_^. Like most people it seems, I discovered them thanks to Death Note. I can't say that I like all their music, but there are a few of their songs that I love.

'Chu chu Lovely Muni Muni' is also a pretty funky song from them.
    Buiikikaesu is a pretty bad-ass song too! Nice funky riffs, and very catchy. The video has some pretty funny parts in it too. ^_^

MySpaceTV Videos: Bu-Ikikaesu By Maximum The Hormone by Douglas

Did you know they have three vocalists? I watched the video for Koi no Mega Lover and that's when I found out. I assumed they had two, that's pretty typical in rock bands, but three? And they each sing pretty equal in most of their work. This band gets better and better the more I find out about them! ^_^

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

well let me say that i'm dissapointed i didn't think of this thread before you, Sprout

but in all honesty i love these guys. i'm listening to "Shimi" right now.

i love the guitar, the vocals, Nawo is one the most talented drummers i've heard in a while, and Uwe-chan banging on his bass is amazing.

my only wish is to see them live.
    Why hello there!

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I love this band to Death. (no pun intended)
    Great music, it's loud, gets a messege clear across and you're just able to like it in a nice way.
    Good Band In my Opinion. One of my Top Japanese favorites.

Favorites are Zetsubou Billy and WHATS UP PEOPLE?! mainly because of Death Note. Go figure.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

+ Reply to Thread