+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Melancholoy of Haruhi Suzumiya on PSP!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

The Melancholoy of Haruhi Suzumiya on PSP!

I was on the Playstation website for the Japanese region (because all the good games are released there first) and I found out that they released 'The Melancholoy of Haruhi Suzumiya' for the PSP. If you shell out about $65, you get the game, a nifty stand that let's your PSP chill vertically (the long way), wrist band and a carrying case with the SOS Brigade emblem on it. A few other things are included, I believe (I just can't remember and my job won't let me go to the site to give you a link. I'll add it when I get home).

From what I can tell, the game plays like an RPG and covers the entire first season. I believe there are mini-games and other cool features in the game as well, such as a clock (alarm clock, possibly?) that tells time and has Nagato Yuki on screen under the time. Maybe she tells you the time on the hour, every hour?

I think I may actually order this game online, so I don't have to wait for the US release, or wonder if it will even BE released on American soil.

What do you guys think?

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Melancholoy of Haruhi Suzumiya on PSP!

The chances of a release here seems unlikely. The only anime games that come out here in the US tend to be ones that are showed on TV. Unless The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimaya is showing somewhere I do not know O_o.

It would pretty awesome if it came out here though. I would definitely get it XD. One question, by RPG is it anything like the Love Hina GBA game that came out? If you do not remember it, it pretty much played a picture slide show of the series then they asked you questions about the show....or something along the lines.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu View Post
    The chances of a release here seems unlikely. The only anime games that come out here in the US tend to be ones that are showed on TV. Unless The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimaya is showing somewhere I do not know O_o.

It would pretty awesome if it came out here though. I would definitely get it XD. One question, by RPG is it anything like the Love Hina GBA game that came out? If you do not remember it, it pretty much played a picture slide show of the series then they asked you questions about the show....or something along the lines.

Hmm... I did a bit more looking in to the game, and from what I can tell--I can't read Japanese all that well--it will play like half dating sim, half RPG (without turnbased fighting?). When I say RPG, I mean the way the sprites and map is set in the traditional RPG gaming style (overhead views, text boxes, all that good crap ^_^). It looks to be more of a sim than anything though. Either way, I think it's worth the waste of cash, LOL.

I agree with you too. I don't think it'll hit US shelves in retail stores, due to the lack of serious otaku here in America, but it would be nice. I'm still sticking with the online order plan.

Newbie Dragon Bandit is off to a good start Dragon Bandit's Avatar
    Thanks

They brought it out on a video game? OMG!!!! I never knew. What do you have to do, the Hare Hare Yukai dance all the time? lol.

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Hmm... I did a bit more looking in to the game, and from what I can tell--I can't read Japanese all that well--it will play like half dating sim, half RPG (without turnbased fighting?). When I say RPG, I mean the way the sprites and map is set in the traditional RPG gaming style (overhead views, text boxes, all that good crap ^_^). It looks to be more of a sim than anything though. Either way, I think it's worth the waste of cash, LOL.

I agree with you too. I don't think it'll hit US shelves in retail stores, due to the lack of serious otaku here in America, but it would be nice. I'm still sticking with the online order plan.
    Hmm, well it sounds pretty awesome. All I have to do is buy a PSP and order it from Japan and Haruhi is mine XD.
    I have just recently watched the series, and I am addicted to it. I cannot get over how randomly awesome it can be. A PSP game of an awesome series like that must be awesome too.

It really is a shame that there are so little serious anime fans. But, the US is not Japan and never will be. Going to have to face facts I guess.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Bandit View Post
    They brought it out on a video game? OMG!!!! I never knew. What do you have to do, the Hare Hare Yukai dance all the time? lol.
    That would be pretty funny, LOL. That dance cracks me up!

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu View Post
    Hmm, well it sounds pretty awesome. All I have to do is buy a PSP and order it from Japan and Haruhi is mine XD.
    I have just recently watched the series, and I am addicted to it. I cannot get over how randomly awesome it can be. A PSP game of an awesome series like that must be awesome too.

It really is a shame that there are so little serious anime fans. But, the US is not Japan and never will be. Going to have to face facts I guess.
    Yeah, I should be ready to order it in a couple of weeks, myself. I'm just ordering my last few games from the PS store then, I'm off to PlayAsia.com to get my copy of TMoHS on PSP!

It's the lack of otaku fan base here in the US that causes all of the great games to be stuck in Japan, never to travel to our shores. I'm gonna just move there one day and that'll be the end of all my video game problems. There are WAY too many sports games, not enough RPGs, 2D fighters and anime based games.

+ Reply to Thread