+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Movie Scene

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Memorial Movie Scene

Well, I've been watching a few of my favorite movies, and I just pinpointed my favorite scenes in them. Making think about other memorial movie scenes for me. So, I'm just curious what would your peoples favorite scene from a movie, and why is it? I actually have quite a bit but I'll just put a few for now.

One is of course from The Last Samurai, the scene where Katsumoto commits sepukku and looks at the Cherry Blossoms, along with the Imperial Army gives him respect by bowing before him. This scene is the one and only movie scene that has successfully brought a tear to my eye. I don't know why but I just love it, also from what it's based off of is inspiring.

Another is from Letters of Iwojima, Where General Kuribayashi asked Saigo is this is still Japan, Saigo says yes and Kuribayashi (Already wounded) shoots himself. Again this scene goes over honor and dignity and I too love it.

Another is from Monty Python, the White Rabbit. Honestly seeing a White Rabbit take out knights is just great. "What, behind the rabbit?"
    "It is the RAbbit..."
    "You silly sod!!!"
    "Wha?"
    "I soiled my armor I was so scared!"
    "Look, that's no ordinary rabbit, it has huge sharp.....it can leap about.....LOOK AT THE BONES!!!"

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aleister Sithis For This Useful Post:

NeoDeath90 (Apr 29, 2008)

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Memorial Movie Scene

I too have several scenes that i find memorable. The first is from The Davinci Code. At the end, Hanks character does indeed kneel before Magdalene. Sorry if I spoiled it for anyone.

Next is from that huge classic Space Balls. At the end on the planet of the apes, two apes are riding down a beach. They see the head and arm of what appears to be The Statue of Liberty (but isn't). They use binoculars to take a better look and see people coming out of it. The one looks at the other and says "What is that coming out of her nose?" The other looks and says "Space Balls" in a perplexed way. The first one looks at his comrade and goes "Oh s**t. There goes the planet." And shakes his head. It's so funny cause it's delivered in such a deadpan voice.

And who can forget that classic bit from The Princess Bride. "Hello! My name is Indigo Montoya! You killed my father! Prepare to die!"

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

AH "The Last Samurai" Love the last part. the one you mention and where he child was shotting with the arrow to the guard to help his father and the captain escape
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

My favorite movie scene would have to be from the movie Aliens (Alien 2 for some people) and where near the end when Ripley came up to Bishop telling him he did good from saving her and Newt from the exploding colony and the alien horred. That put a smile on Bishops face... Well it did for a split second before the Alien Queen impaled him with her tail and then fallowed it up by lifting him up into the air and then ripping him in half.

Thanks

I was just watching Fantastic Four last night and remembered another scene that was very memorable. When the cops went up to Ben when he had just taken the truck driver out of his vehicle, seat and all, and the two just looked at each other as if to say "What did I do wrong?"

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey the Last Samurai is also one big favorite of mine. That movie has given me lots of memorable scenes that are morally and emotionally moving...Two of those scenes have already been mentioned by aleister and cantsenditback.

The most memorable scene for me is the one where the last remaining men of Katsumoto's cavalry gets gunned down(slo-mo) and one of the government's army officials halts the gunners because of the emotional toll of the carnage that they had brought upon their Japanese brothers and their ancestors.

Uijo is my favorite character in the movie and i loved the scene in which he was gunned down and unmounted from his steed...Katsumoto's mightiest warrior(arguably) falls...Him beating down Tom Cruise is also a moving scene.

...and how could i forget one of the earliest scenes? When Algren's men was just noobs at firearms and they were scared to death when they saw the mighty silhouette of the samurai slowly coming closer from the fog. Whoo...

Yeah... "honor is stronger than steel"

Thanks

It was the Emperor, himself, who halts the gunners. I think he finally realized what he was doing.

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gamemaster331 View Post
    It was the Emperor, himself, who halts the gunners. I think he finally realized what he was doing.
    I don't think so, the one that ordered the cease fire was the Japanese infantry officer that Algren trained earlier in the movie. I don't even remember the emperor being present in that battle.

But to stay faithful to the topic, almost everybody knows and remembers the Dooku-Yoda fight scene and every other Jedi vs Jedi swordfight scene in Star Wars. The older ones may have been outdone in terms of SFX and execution but they are still memorable enough in my book.
    Last edited by Hantei16; Apr 29, 2008 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Added up stuff to keep track of the topic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast