+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The men who stare at goats

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

The men who stare at goats

During the cold war the military experimented with the use if psychics, as did the paramilitary agencies. This movie is a dramatisation based on true events. And while they use compilation characters and alter unit names for the most part it was accurate. While the idea of a psychic force automatically gives itself over to humour the men of First Earth Battalion (called First Earth Force) are portrayed in an. Impartial manner. These were men who were already in the military and working your low level go for positions. They made a choice to serve their country first and become psychic warriors second. Somethings were far off the mark and others landed on target. Someone was rescued from the Red Brigade. In the end it is clear that an attempt at standing up such a unit was not successful but it also didn't hurt anybody. Sure there was an accident that happened from a rogue members irresponsibility but every unit has accidents. The people of First Earth Battalion were people.

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The men who stare at goats

I enjoyed the movie, but I regret to say I have yet to read the book. I did not see how the movie showed them in a negative light. I thought it helped their image a bit, especially seeing as how barely anyone knew about them anyway.
    Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The men who stare at goats

Quote Originally Posted by POOHEAD189 View Post
    I enjoyed the movie, but I regret to say I have yet to read the book. I did not see how the movie showed them in a negative light. I thought it helped their image a bit, especially seeing as how barely anyone knew about them anyway.
    I couldn't agree more. You know the SEAL and Nightstalkers were experiments and look how well they turned out.

+ Reply to Thread