+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MMORPG addiction

Newbie Nakrul may be famous one day Nakrul may be famous one day Nakrul's Avatar
    Thanks

MMORPG addiction

* Now... for all of you that wonders what is a MMORG (Massively Multiplayer Online role-playing videogame)--> World Of Warcraft

*"Still i don't get what is a MMORPG": Ok... is a videogame (generaly only for PC) that needs an internet connection (doh.. is ONLINE), sometimes you have to pay to play (p2p) and sometimes is "free" (f2p), however in some f2p games to progress you need to BUY some power up-items with real money... well actually you need to buy game-cash with money and then buy the items...

Generally You start with a level1 character and start killing things like any other RPG, but, after some levels you will find yourself killing for hours just to get one level or just to find that awasome weapon that everyone has (but not you ¬.&#172 and that only one kind of monster drops it, this constant killing fest is called GRINDING. Why? so you need to spend a lot of time playing = more money for the company.

Some mmorpgs have a simple story: (kill the god-like-mutant <insert more stuff here> -villian). Sounds OK... the problem is.. THAT YOU CAN`T KILL THE BAD GUY CUZ THERE IS NO BAD GUY MONSTER (you know, like Bowser, Dracula, Solid-snake, Ganon)... and if there is any last boss and you beat it.. guess what.. A brand new expansion is coming out, with a new last boss, new monsters and much more, wheee!
    Now, the good thing about expansions and patches is that you don't have bugs, sometimes the grinding fest is lowered, new items, you know things that make the game better so you can say: OMFG 1337!!111
    .. until you realize that the Korean/Japanease version already have a new expansion *cough* Flyff *cough* Ragnarok*cough*
    I'm not going to talk about customer service, in some games is really good, in others it just plain sucks...

Moving On...

People constantly debate whether someone can be addicted to video games, but in the same way that no one will argue that some people eat unhealthy, no one will argue that some people spend too much time playing video games. And of course, this isn’t a notion of a threshold of hours played just as some people can eat as much as they want and never gain weight. It’s about how your time spent playing video games impacts the rest of your life. Some people - like college students on vacation or retirees - have all the time in the world to play. Their game-play largely doesn’t impact their real life obligations or relationships. Problematic usage is more about how your game-play begins to negatively impact your obligations and responsibilities.

- http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/arch...336.php?page=1

I "was" an addict and i didn't care about grinding, killing billions of monsters just for one item until i realized that... sleeping at 6am, people telling me what to do and that i should kiss someone's ass so i could get inside a Guild/Group/Fiction and starting to pee red thanks to all the Red Bull i drinked wasn't so fun...
    Now i just log in now and then just to say Hi to the friends i made in some games... and grind a little...
    Is not like playing at the Arcade or Halo with your pals... is really "addictive"

So... The question here for all of you AOers is..
    >Do you belive that MMORPGs are bad? Should magazines and all kind of media tell you "stop playing MMORPGs they are bad, get a life and buy more PS2 games!"...
    >Or "Nah, MMOs are OK, i know i guy that is addicted to Extreme Sports and one that skip class cuz he is always drunk, so playing Online in a responsable way is just fine....

Just type "MMORPG addiction" in Google to find some links... or click this ones

*Sorry for my English *

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3142383
    http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/arch...336.php?page=1
    http://www.mmrpg.com

Which FF Character Are You?
    And God said "Let there be light." But then the program crashed because he was trying to access the 'light' property of a NULL universe pointer.

Otaku The Fighter may be famous one day The Fighter may be famous one day The Fighter's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: MMORPG addiction

I dont think they are bad, But when people spend an over amount of time on them it is bad for them. But overall MOGs are good and fun! You just shouldn't surround you whole time around them.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

There will always be people who are susceptible to the dangers of games.
    The only real danger in MMOG is that they don't end.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neongenisis-fan101
    plz someone go to the thread called neon-genisis evangelion and post a reply plzzzzzzz
    Enjoy your warning.
    You'll only get one of these before you're booted from the site.

Newbie Aizen Sousuke may be famous one day Aizen Sousuke may be famous one day Aizen Sousuke's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to have an addiction like that with Star Wars Galaxies....

It was bad, I'd hate to see myself on World Of Warcraft.

Newbie CarmineSky may be famous one day CarmineSky may be famous one day CarmineSky's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to be so addicted to Maple Story. I just had to level up at least once a day, even when I didn't really feel like playing. I'm just glad those days are over.

CarmineSky and Atomic Muffin are taking over the internet, one forum at a time.

Newbie Tokokai may be famous one day Tokokai may be famous one day Tokokai's Avatar
    Thanks

I was addicted to alot of games back in the day and I have recently gone back to my roots with a game I am currently playing called Endless Online. Years ago I was addicted to MMORPG's like Helbreath and Ragnarok when I was a beta tester for them before they went P2P. If anyone ever has a question on games of any type just ask me about them or send me a PM about what you wanna talk about. I have been swimming deep in the gaming world for 17 years now and I have played many of the well-known systems of the past.
    Honto sarasu koto ni genjitsu soshite nan no sore wa moshide ishi yurusu watashi no miru shita de ano usagi ana mai ni watashi tobikomi ni watashi no shi!

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

My firned just got Wow a few days ago and hes hooked. I was never able to get into it. THey are fun to play once in a while but I couldnt spend a lot of time on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast