+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Without a microsecond of hesitation.
    Dan was made specifically to make fun of another character (Robert Garcia) and he fulfills that role admirably. He also got some seriousness when he tried to avenge his father's death at the hands of Sagat.

Liu Kang on the other hand, is a poor man's Ryu. Mis moves are ridiculous, his character is bland and he looks like a pansy.
    Mortal Kombat has never been known for good characters but Liu Kang is bad even for MK's low standards.

Virtua Fighter can easily be compared to Tekken. In fact, there are few 3D fighting games you can compare better than these two.

Deep games like Soul Calibur, Tekken, Virtua Fighter and Street Fighter are on the opposite side of more superficial games like Dead or Alive (although recent installments have made the fighting system better) and Mortal Kombat.
    You know..... I don't want to give you a big head, but now that I think about it....... you're right. However, when you mention virtua fighter & tekken, you can't leave out king of fighters.

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I love MK: A. My personal favorites are Johnny Cage, Raiden, Jax, and Noob Saibot. The variety of characters is great, and the kreate a fighter doesn't have too bad of a set up. I remember my friends and I created Sephiroth and Goku and had them battle. It's one of the best Mortal Kombat games in awhile. Will never beat MK II or MK III ultimate though. The only thing I miss are the signature fatalites.

And as for conversation about Liu Kang, yeah, he's not that great of a "good" guy. His special attacks are pathetic, and even though he's basically modeled off Bruce Lee, he's not that good of a character in MK. Then again it's Scorpion and Subzero that make the Mortal Kombat series so well known.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I agree that MK Armageddon has done many things right where it previously did things wrong. However, just like Mr. Dark. said, they have made an absolutely fatal mistake with the total failure of the new fatalities system.
    The other thing they did wrong is removing one of the fighting styles for each character in exchange for increasing the lineup. My last gripe is one that was present in the previous MK games too, the death traps are too easy to get caught in.

Thanks

Angry Re: Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

Very true, they also made the vital mistake of taking away the "originality" of the fatalities. It's not as fun if everyone has the same fatality chains, the fact that everyone had their own unique way to kill each other was a major part of their success. I like the ability to chain fatalities together, but not if "everyone" on the game has the same chain! What kind of crap is that?

~Stay blessed

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Liu Kang on the other hand, is a poor man's Ryu. Mis moves are ridiculous, his character is bland and he looks like a pansy.
    Mortal Kombat has never been known for good characters but Liu Kang is bad even for MK's low standards.
    You know why MK has bad character designs right?? I can't justify it for the later games, but in the beginning with only 16-bit they can only work with whatever they got. Thus the color ninja's.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

Red face Re: Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    You know why MK has bad character designs right?? I can't justify it for the later games, but in the beginning with only 16-bit they can only work with whatever they got. Thus the color ninja's.
    O.k..... I don't mean to sound rude but "that" is a pathetic excuse of a defense. Don't get me wrong, I like M.K. I really do. In fact I grew up on it (among others) and I've played pretty much every single one released; but you have to admit, they need to really sit down and figure out what the heck they're doing. Even back in the 16-bit color days, take street fighter for example. They had "16-bit" to work with too, and it rocked! They didn't need to make the move to 3D because the game-play didn't "need" it. In fact, if they did make street fighter in 3D I would be disappointed. There are certain advances that are unnecessary. Even now with the Armageddon release, with the visually beautiful 3D graphics engine, I still find M.K.3 somewhat more entertaining. Ed Boon is sacrificing gameplay for graphics and it's a vital mistake. I will play street fighter anniversary edition over Armageddon anytime anyplace anywhere (for hours).

~Stay blessed

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gods_Dragon View Post
    O.k..... I don't mean to sound rude but "that" is a pathetic excuse of a defense. Don't get me wrong, I like M.K. I really do. In fact I grew up on it (among others) and I've played pretty much every single one released; but you have to admit, they need to really sit down and figure out what the heck they're doing. Even back in the 16-bit color days, take street fighter for example. They had "16-bit" to work with too, and it rocked! They didn't need to make the move to 3D because the game-play didn't "need" it. In fact, if they did make street fighter in 3D I would be disappointed. There are certain advances that are unnecessary. Even now with the Armageddon release, with the visually beautiful 3D graphics engine, I still find M.K.3 somewhat more entertaining. Ed Boon is sacrificing gameplay for graphics and it's a vital mistake. I will play street fighter anniversary edition over Armageddon anytime anyplace anywhere (for hours).
    Not defending them, more of explaining why it is the way it is. What the creators do is their thing. I suppose they wanted "3d" to differentiate itself from games like SF. Not trying to make this a MK vs. SF thread, so I'll just leave it at that.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    Then why didn't the other fighting games all have the same characters with a different colour palette?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast