+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

Mortal Kombat may not be the best fighting series ever made, but it is definately one of the most recognizable, and helped pave the way for absurd violence in video games. Or just plain absurdity. I remember some of the Fatalites in MK II and III. They got really reallly random. Remember the Jack in the box?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    Mortal Kombat may not be the best fighting series ever made, but it is definately one of the most recognizable, and helped pave the way for absurd violence in video games. Or just plain absurdity. I remember some of the Fatalites in MK II and III. They got really reallly random. Remember the Jack in the box?
    Screw that, remember the babalities?

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

My friend bought MK: Armageddon awhile ago, and for the final game of the series I gotta say it was a complete let-down. They really cheaped out with the fatalities, which was the main thing MK was known for. When the first one came out there was all the hullaballoo about how violent it was and how kids would turn into serial killers. I'm sure it probably stirred more commotion than GTA.

My friend wasn't impressed because of the lack of different fighting styles...though that didn't really bother me.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Then why didn't the other fighting games all have the same characters with a different colour palette?
    Could it be that other fighting games of that time didn't use actual actors to create their characters??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    Could it be that other fighting games of that time didn't use actual actors to create their characters??
    Could it be that the MK creators just lacked the necessary originality and talent in character design?

Come on,you can't deny that the MK series as known for some incredibly shitty character designs.

Want examples?

1) Nightwolf

2) Frost

3) Blaze

4) Sektor (or Cyrax) since they are clones

5) Johnny Cage

6) Darrius

7) Hsu Hao

8) Ashrah

9) Chameleon

10) Khameleon

Yes people, a clone of a clone of their own games!

10) The Goro clones: Sheeva, Kintaro

11) Shujinko

12) Kobra

Most of the MK characters lack personality, have stupid moves and are copies of other (MK) characters.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Could it be that the MK creators just lacked the necessary originality and talent in character design?

Come on,you can't deny that the MK series as known for some incredibly shitty character designs.

Most of the MK characters lack personality, have stupid moves and are copies of other (MK) characters.
    Well to tell you the truth, for me I'm not a hardcore gamer. So I wouldn't pick on miniscule things like character originality, designs, or if the game music was one note off. As for the stupid moves, are you referring to the side to side MK games or the newer ones?? Because I preferred the older games' button system (simple and easy), compared to the new system with the stupid fighting styles which I don't like.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    Well to tell you the truth, for me I'm not a hardcore gamer. So I wouldn't pick on minuscule things like character originality, designs, or if the game music was one note off. As for the stupid moves, are you referring to the side to side MK games or the newer ones?? Because I preferred the older games' button system (simple and easy), compared to the new system with the stupid fighting styles which I don't like.
    About the moves I meant they look like shit. Especially in the newer games.
    In the old games, they were kind of funny but a lot of the 'special moves' and fighting styles in the new games suck.

However, I approve of the fighting style switch system. Though they screwed it up in MK:Armageddon by taking a fighting style away from each character.

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

About the moves I meant they look like shit. Especially in the newer games.
    In the old games, they were kind of funny but a lot of the 'special moves' and fighting styles in the new games suck.

However, I approve of the fighting style switch system. Though they screwed it up in MK:Armageddon by taking a fighting style away from each character.
    I agree, they should have kept the 3 style system. I also don't agree with their new combo system. They had a great idea with adding the "mid-air combo" but they killed it when they removed the chains. What's the point in combos if you can' link them between fighting styles? They were better off if they kept the combo system from Deadly Alliance and just added the mid air combos to put more icing on the cake. I understand that not everyone could pull them off (they were a little lengthy) but that just was the difference between the players skill level. They keep making it easier for people who sucked anyway and keep taking away from those of us (like myself) who actually have superior skill.
    Last edited by Gods_Dragon; Mar 05, 2007 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Spelling issues

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast