+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat VS DC??!!!!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Mortal Kombat VS DC??!!!!

Mortal Kombat VS DC game???

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal Kombat Online
    Official Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Site Launches!
    04/19/2008 02:32 AM :: Posted at 02:32 AM EST by ~Crow~

During the 2008 Midway Gamer's Day event, the official site for the upcoming game was launched. As revealed by the Sub-Zero vs. Batman promo image, the site is titled Worlds Collide and currently features the said image as its background. Lighting and thunder, accompanied by ambient music is present as well.

Obviously, the site does not offer much at this time but we should expect media to be added to this site at various points throughout the year, leading up to the release of the game. Currently, one can download the first official trailer as well as the first official image, and sign up to be notified when updates occur.

Much like MK: Armageddon's official site, this site too offers a "secret menu" of sorts. You gain access to this menu by clicking on Sub-Zero's eye, thus the name of this menu is "Eye of the Storm". At this time, the page is occupied by 16 question mark boxes. If this menu functions as its predecessor, content will be added into the slots at some point. When this occurs, we will of course provide updates, so keep a watchful eye out for this.
    *cough*
    Ahem...
    *clears throat*

Uhhhhwhhhhuuuaaaaaaattt???

No seriously, what the heck? O_o
    What do you guys think of this news?

Edit:
    Right right, an infraction for being vague. Okay then...
    So a new game's been announced. Known as "Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe".
    Now those unfamiliar with Mortal Kombat, go here.
    Now those unfamiliar with DC Universe, go here.
    Now those unfamiliar with mash-ups, please see Marvel VS Capcom.

Now there are those familiar with Mortal Kombat, and those familiar with DC. And some, both. But I just plain find it strange that they would even create a Mortal Kombat vs DC!
    Why? The worlds have no similarities at all! They would have no excuse to be together!
    Now, Marvel VS Capcom was understandable to me: They just shoved in a bunch of their characters together to fight each other.
    But you see, anyone who knows Mortal Kombat, knows one thing: They are CRAZY for storylines. Sure, their storylines are just as complex as a one-liner in a wrestling match, but a storyline nonetheless. For these two universes to come together and FIGHT each other just wouldn't make a bit of sense. Especially since Mortal Kombat is a singular storyline, and DC comes from a web-storyline! It just seems unfitting!
    Now what would make sense is: Midway VS DC. Or Acclaim VS DC.
    You know, like how Capcom (the ENTIRE COMPANY OF CAPCOM) went against Marvel... with the large portion of heroes and villains from Marvel fighting against the vast hundreds (if not thousands) of heroes and villains from Capcom! THAT makes sense!

...but Mortal Kombat by itself? There's seriously not enough characters to fight back against the DC Universe!
    I understand, the style can mix if chosen correctly. But the first thing that goes through everyone's minds is this: WHY?
    And we have yet to get an answer.

Soo... what do you guys think of this game? In any perspective.
    Last edited by Soshi Kitai; Apr 24, 2008 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Infraction

Otaku Zerosan9000 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Mortal Kombat VS DC??!!!!

well i think its great news cuz i personaly got bored with the old MK and i would like to see what new kinds of things like finishers or moves also the story line if there is one that they can come up with so over all i say good idea guys

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

I've never particularly cared about Mortal Kombat but I can't help but think that this is a horrible idea to try and revitalize the franchise.

Also, word on the street(And by street, I mean gaming blogs like Kotaku) is that there will be little blood, and no fatalities, and probably end up hitting the T rating, dodging the M it usually gets. But really,aren't those things what MK is mostly about? I've only played the old one on the Genesis, but that's the impression from that game and reviews for the others certainly give me.

I can only imagine this being an attempt to broaden appeal, perhaps similar to Namco having Vader in Soul Calibur. I don't think it will turn out well personally. I do think it will sell well.

Otaku Zerosan9000 is off to a good start
    Thanks

are you kidding me no fatalities man thats lame well thats lame its starting to not sound so good anymore

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I only have one thing to say about this. I cannot see Aquaman doing a fatality.

The whole point of MK is to brutally destroy your opponent. And you can't take the fatalities out of the game. The fatalities were what put the game on the map. They wouldn't have gotten this far without the obscene violence. Then to have people like Superman who doesn't bleed in the game?

A better alternative to this would have been Marvel vs. DC. Or MK vs. Tekken. Those would be better alternatives.
    Last edited by solking; Apr 20, 2008 at 07:36 PM.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    Also, word on the street(And by street, I mean gaming blogs like Kotaku) is that there will be little blood, and no fatalities, and probably end up hitting the T rating, dodging the M it usually gets. But really,aren't those things what MK is mostly about? I've only played the old one on the Genesis, but that's the impression from that game and reviews for the others certainly give me.
    Yeah, I heard about that too. And yeah, fatalities ARE what Mortal Kombat is ALL about.

But hey, adding fatalities for DC would be extremely cheesy and lame if done by the Mortal Komat team... now usually, it being cheesy and lame IS what makes Mortal Kombat fun, but to ruin the (serious) looks and feels of DC is like trying to start a fight with EVERY DC FAN.
    Fact is, DC fans are not always fans of the good ol' Fatality.
    But then again, fatalities is what MAKES Mortal Kombat.

A big difference in interest, so it would seem.
    I'm not even sure why they decided it to be a Mortal Kombat game at all, they could've just made a whole new series out of this... I mean, for crying out loud, the DC universe's character roster is large enough to fill up to 3 discs for a fighting game.

In all honesty, as long as the fighting is great - I wouldn't mind at all.

I can only imagine this being an attempt to broaden appeal, perhaps similar to Namco having Vader in Soul Calibur.
    Soul Calibur has been there and done that. Take Link from Zelda, Spawn, and Heihachi from Tekken for instance. All of them have been in a Soul Calibur game.

Quote Originally Posted by solking
    I only have one thing to say about this. I cannot see Aquaman doing a fatality.
    If the game DID have fatalities, summoning a giant octopus out of nowhere would seem fit for Mortal Kombat's rather ridiculous style.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosan9000 View Post
    are you kidding me no fatalities man thats lame well thats lame its starting to not sound so good anymore

One word:

BATMAN

Makes up for ALL the flaws.

But why not MK, DC AND Marvel? Why exclude Marvel? Marvel too is kick ass. Anywho, for DC will be get to play as the villians as well? I'd assume so, on why exclude them? And if so, I'm going to 'gasm over the thought of kicking ass with The Joker.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Interesting.

I'm...going to see how the game turns out before I work out if I like it or not.

Mind you, no fatalities just makes it a fighting game with Mortal Kombat's characters.

Still, kicking ass as some nut in his pajamas, undies on the outside, might be fun, especially if they get well done fatalities.

*Imagines Superman picking up Lex Luthor, taking him into space & watching him blow up with decompression...*

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast