+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Most Influential Shooting Games

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Most Influential Shooting Games

Yo fellow AO'ers, it's been a while since my last thread so here it goes:

As you may know, as time passes, technology becomes much more advanced and along with other things, becomes better. Here's the thing I wish to look at today, though.
    It's as the title says:

What Video Game(s) for any system, during any time period of gaming, do you think is the most influencial Shooting Game of all time? This game can be first person or third, and as long it has some form of weapon that shoots a bullet type projectile, it can be counted. Please try to be realistic though.

So here's my Example: GoldenEye 007 for the Nintendo 64 system. This game has brought many things and evolved them into games we see even today. It has I suppose, A lack in graphics, [Though good at the time remember] and perhaps a little unrealistic, it was one of the first games, if not the first game to introduce such things like Dual-wielding, which is extremely popular nowadays, Gadget Weapons such as the Watch Laser, and 20+ intense levels with four difficulties and a Cheat menu after beating the "final boss" once. Those cheats are awesome. mhmm. Anyways, This game brings out true shooting game glory, and is highly regarded even today. In my Gamepro Magazine, It even says that many of the concepts were used in the Development of the Multi-Million Hit Series Halo such as the Dual-Wielding, Multiplayer concepts, and other such.That's pretty impressive if you were to ask me.

Okay, so just for a Head's-up, Here would be a BAD Example or something similar: Halo iz awesume blah blah !!!1!11one. No One-liners, please! Give some real detail, like almost advertising even. What makes this game so Goood?!

So here's the question I presented you.
    Have fun.

-Das
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Most Influencial Shooting Games

Quote Originally Posted by dark angel swordsman View Post

What Video Game(s) for any system, during any time period of gaming, do you think is the most influencial Shooting Game of all time? This game can be first person or third, and as long it has some form of weapon that shoots a bullet type projectile, it can be counted. Please try to be realistic though.

DUCK HUNT!!!! I know, I know . . . 1984 . . . Nintendo system . . . it's old. That's what makes it so influential! It gets a little repetitive (same duck or clay pigeon targets), but it helps develop precision for all you crazy Halo players . . . **sigh of shame**

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_Hunt

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Most Influential Shooting Games

I would say Doom (1993).
    All what came after it up until Half-Life was basically a Doom clone. A true milestone in the shooter genre.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to have to go with Wolfenstein 3D and Doom are the most influential shooters. I say wolfenstein because that was the first one I ever saw. Doom probably takes the cake for the most influential at least for today's shooters. Every shooter seems to need a badass as the main character and crazy enemies. That sounds like Doom to me. Hassun, I totally back you on this one. That's kinda the reason I hate FPS, they're usually just all the same game, same guns, nothing really new or ground breaking happens in the FPS genre. As long as you follow the "Doom formula" you're game's bound to be a success.

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

i really like the Silent Hill games, when u see a zombie coming at ya u jump and say "Uh-oh wheres the gun!?!?" It makes ur heart beat faster and when u shoot the zombie u feel relieved.
    Temari is so Cool

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bellocanlver View Post
    i really like the Silent Hill games, when u see a zombie coming at ya u jump and say "Uh-oh wheres the gun!?!?" It makes ur heart beat faster and when u shoot the zombie u feel relieved.
    That's mainly because the Silent Hill games aren't shooting games at all.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hassun For This Useful Post:

deodaclan18 (Dec 22, 2007)

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

I am going to have to say 007 Goldeneye. It pioneered the FPS genre. There were other games before 007, but at the time they were pretty underground. 007, was one of the first 3D FPS games at the time.

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going with max payne. The cool shooting game moment ever was slowing down time to dodge bullets!
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast