+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The most informing movie?

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

The most informing movie?

I'm sure you've all seen at least one or two of these; Black Hawk Down, Flags of our Fathers, Blood Diamond, Hotel Rwanda, Schlinder's List, Ghandi and others.

Well these movies weren't all meant for your simple entertainment. They were created to show you in as much detail and accuracy as possible what really happened/occured in these places, times and to these people in a way that wouldn't make you snore.

So if you have seen more than one, which gave you the most shocking/valuable information?

For me it is a tie between Flags of our Fathers and Schlinder's List. Both are delivered in breath taking quality and intrigued me the most out of any informational movie I have seen. This is because those two showed me things I really had no idea about, whereas I had some idea about the other movies.

Don't get me wrong about Schlinder's List. I know plenty (arguably more than the average person) about the Holocaust, but what I didn't know is that there were people who tried to help the Jewish and non-Jewish victims of WWII in such a valiant, clever way. It was very astonishing. And for Flags of our Fathers I had no idea that the infamous picture of the flag raising at Iwo Jima was in fact a replacement flag. This was also very shocking to me since the entire US practically rallied around this single image to find motivation to keep fighting (and even still today) yet we remain ignorant of what was actually transpiring during the time the picture was taken (but in my opinion knowing that the flag was indeed a replacement would hardly take away from the sentimental value of the image).
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The most informing movie?

Saving Private Ryan...lol

That movie really showed how wars were really like, and not only that, it was very graphic as well.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The most informing movie?

"Tears of the sun" showed a small piece of the horror and violance that engulfs much of africa, and still does...its ashame that such evils are allowed to exist.
    "Band of Brothers" showed the hell that Easy company went thru in WW2, what sacrifices were made in the name of freedom. sacrifices in both minds and bodys..
    Don't Panic

+ Reply to Thread