Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Movie Remakes

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Movie Remakes

Hey everyone, have you gone to the movies lately and saw a preview and just say, "Oh, Hell no, are they going to f*** up another classic," remember Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, if some of you kids have not seen the 1970's version, don't watch that abomination Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Gene Wilder is such a better Wonka then Johnny Depp, it is a crappy adaptation) Go watch the older one. I am tired of watching remakes or adaptation's of other media into movies. Now I am seeing anime titles being turned into movies, like a live action Dragonball movie (with a white Goku, does that make sense, next we will see Tom Cruise play a samurai, oh wait, they already did how can I not forget the Last Samurai), Anime was made into animation for a reason, and now Hollywood is going to ruin another classic because nobody can write a good story anymore. I can see G.I. Joe being made into a movie which it is, but Dragonball, really, while we are at it lets remake Akira into live action so I can hear Shia Labouf screaming Tetsuo on screen. How do you feel about movies being remade because I say stop Hollywood, bad Hollywood, Go think about what you did in the corner Hollywood, Please respond, oh and "Yo Joe."
    Last edited by Franco; Nov 12, 2008 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Can you guys move this thread to the sensory thread, sorry

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Movie Remakes

yeah some classic movies should be left alone. There are those movies that should not be remade as they are good. I havent seen the new choclate factory but from the trailer it seem bad, but on some occasion i could be wrong, but good classic movies should be left alone, its just depend on the movie but sometime the remake is better than the original
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, i liked the last samurai, it kicked A$$. Yeah, they're way too many of them these day, like "The day the earth stood still", "war of the worlds", and so on. But they aint all that bad. I liked war of the worlds, Halloween, The magnificent Seven, The Fly, King Kong, Cape Fear, The Mummy, and Scarface. So there may be too many of them, but some kick butt movies came out of remakes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Hey, i liked the last samurai, it kicked A$$. Yeah, they're way too many of them these day, like "The day the earth stood still", "war of the worlds", and so on. But they aint all that bad. I liked war of the worlds, Halloween, The magnificent Seven, The Fly, King Kong, Cape Fear, The Mummy, and Scarface. So there may be too many of them, but some kick butt movies came out of remakes
    I am not saying that the last Samurai was a bad movie I was just saying that if you are going to make a movie that was based on a adaptation or based on real-life event's at least stay true to the character design, like seriously, why make Tom Cruise into a samurai, Why not just have a feudal war in Japan movie with actual Japanese actor's and see if that does good, because Hollywood feels that if a minority is represented too much in a movie it will not do good and attracted a large audience to watch these film's, but I own the movie and I like watching everyone else other than Tom Cruise.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Well even 300 was a remake. It remade the 1960s movie called "The 300 Spartans"

But here's what i think. Every remake has some redeeming quality, like the new Wonka movie was closer to the book. So whether they suck or not, there's always going to be at least one good thing about remakes.

Now if you want really crappy remakes, look at video games.
    Why hello there!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoDeath90 For This Useful Post:

Franco (Nov 13, 2008)

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I am not saying that the last Samurai was a bad movie I was just saying that if you are going to make a movie that was based on a adaptation or based on real-life event's at least stay true to the character design, like seriously, why make Tom Cruise into a samurai, Why not just have a feudal war in Japan movie with actual Japanese actor's and see if that does good, because Hollywood feels that if a minority is represented too much in a movie it will not do good and attracted a large audience to watch these film's, but I own the movie and I like watching everyone else other than Tom Cruise.
    Something tells me your Asian?

Maybe they should have used all Japanese actors, but those Chinese Actors they got were so good. Tom cruise was in it because the last Samurai was a fish out of water story. It was about a man with nothing of value for him in his own world, thrown into another world where he was forced to adapt. And in the end he found more value and honor in this new world than his own. So it was the whole point that the cruise character was suppose to be white.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Something tells me your Asian?

Maybe they should have used all Japanese actors, but those Chinese Actors they got were so good. Tom cruise was in it because the last Samurai was a fish out of water story. It was about a man with nothing of value for him in his own world, thrown into another world where he was forced to adapt. And in the end he found more value and honor in this new world than his own. So it was the whole point that the cruise character was suppose to be white.
    Actually I am Mexican-American, but something tells me that you are a Tom Cruise fan, but that is cool if you are. Like I said before, I own the movie and like it, it's just that when your title is the Last Samurai
     click to show spoiler
    and he is dressed as a samurai, what do you think the director was saying, I got the whole fish out of water thing, but why should we watch something with a ethnic groups traditions being displayed
     click to show spoiler
    ? That is what I am getting at when I said those thing's about remakes.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    Well even 300 was a remake. It remade the 1960s movie called "The 300 Spartans"

But here's what i think. Every remake has some redeeming quality, like the new Wonka movie was closer to the book. So whether they suck or not, there's always going to be at least one good thing about remakes.

Now if you want really crappy remakes, look at video games.
    Actually 300 was a adaptation of Frank Miller's comic book with the same name, which explain's why it has that Sin City look and style, even though it was made with more color. I agree that some have redeeming qualities and video games that are adapted into film suck, I just had to say that thing about 300, but I totally agree with you.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Nov 14, 2008 at 11:43 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Actually I am Mexican-American, but something tells me that you are a Tom Cruise fan, but that is cool if you are. Like I said before, I own the movie and like it, it's just that when your title is the Last Samurai
     click to show spoiler
    and he is dressed as a samurai, what do you think the director was saying, I got the whole fish out of water thing, but why should we watch something with a ethnic groups traditions being displayed
     click to show spoiler
    ? That is what I am getting at when I said those thing's about remakes.
    Not really a fan of him, just like some of his movie. Like the actor, but not the real life person.
     click to show spoiler

The reason we see all these remakes is because Hollywood has just running out of good ideas, and its probably cheaper to do or something.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Miroku4444 For This Useful Post:

Franco (Nov 14, 2008)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast