Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Movie Remakes

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Movie Remakes

The Willy Wonka version was so terrible. Even though, i'm a Tim Burton fan, That was the wost remake EVER!

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

it can be good. but just like song remakes, it can be a horrible insult. you just have to have the right person remake the right thing

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

It's all just a case of Hollywood running outta ideas. Hell, most movies, if they're not remakes, are inspired from some other media. not necessarily a bad thing ( I do like my comic book movies after all)

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Not really a fan of him, just like some of his movie. Like the actor, but not the real life person.
     click to show spoiler

The reason we see all these remakes is because Hollywood has just running out of good ideas, and its probably cheaper to do or something.
    Totally agree, I would of also wanted too see him (Cruise)
     click to show spoiler
    with this new honor that he found and
     click to show spoiler
    honorablely as a "samurai" at least, but like you said, that's hollywood for you

Newbie ceno is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    Well even 300 was a remake. It remade the 1960s movie called "The 300 Spartans"

But here's what i think. Every remake has some redeeming quality, like the new Wonka movie was closer to the book. So whether they suck or not, there's always going to be at least one good thing about remakes.

Now if you want really crappy remakes, look at video games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Actually 300 was a adaptation of Frank Miller's comic book with the same name, which explain's why it has that Sin City look and style, even though it was made with more color. I agree that some have redeeming qualities and video games that are adapted into film suck, I just had to say that thing about 300, but I totally agree with you.
    Actually NeoDeath90 is right. Frank Miller's "300" was based on the 1962 movie The 300 Spartans, which his comic book was also based upon. The 300 Spartans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quotes from wiki: "The 300 Spartans is a 1962 Cinemascope film depicting the Battle of Thermopylae." "Frank Miller saw this movie as a boy and said "it changed the course of my creative life".[2] His graphic novel 300 is about the Battle of Thermopylae, and was the basis for the 2007 film 300."

So in essence it was all based on that one movie from the 60's.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2