+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: *Music and emotions*

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: *Music and emotions*

Quote Originally Posted by Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me
    I couldn't think of a good enough title sorry ^^;;

Music is a powerful tool, it can make us feel emotions involuntarily and colour our moods, in addition it can affect our perceptions and generate a behavioural pattern.

So when you listen to music what do you feel?

Music evokes emotions, it is an indisputable fact.. but is there anyone who feels completely neutral to music?

What type of music makes you feel a certain way? For egsample, lullabys can make people feel tired, the soft beat and the repition can lull a child to sleep.

Please share your thoughts ^^

Sorry if this topic has been done before..
    Rap pisses me off, psychedelic makes me think a lot, 80s pop makes me jumpy and happy, and heavy metal stresses me out, and anything Bob Marley makes me mellow.

The only song that can cheer me up from a bad day is "beat em join em" By Queen

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Newbie stellar may be famous one day stellar may be famous one day stellar's Avatar
    Thanks

when i listen to soft and cute music, my heart turns to mush and i feel so lightheaded. lol it makes me think "AWW this is so cute! <3"

Otaku Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66's Avatar
    Thanks

deathmetal/metal=violent &extreme(plus I like it)fav. genre
    chilling music(don't know how to clasify it)relaxing and makes me think
    rap.....no
    opera....no
    symphony=doesn't make me feel i just like it
    clasic rock-n/a good music
    rave/techno=ehh jumpy maakes me want to dance
    emO......HELL NO
    and that raps it up really.

but yah music is great and theres all types of music that describes you and matches of how you feel at that moment its...good stuff
    (-)4(|< 7(-)3 P14|\|37

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Anything that sounds good makes my hair stand on end, and my pulse quicken. Whether or not it's hard rock, jazz, classical or funk... if it makes me feel like that, it's good. And good classical soundtracks (esp from The Last Samurai and Howl's Moving Castle) always make me cry. I think I'm more emo than other people when it comes to music because I'm a very musical person. Music is my passion - I play a lot of instruments, and I can go on playing the piano and the flute for hours on end. When you can actually feel what you play, you know you're getting somewhere.

Music is probably the only thing (if you can call it a thing) that has the ability to arouse all sorts of emotions within me. And it's probably the only thing I can carry on doing for hours and hours and hours. I get tired after a while if I draw or write or sing or play video games. But playing the piano...... ahhhhh, nothing beats that. I pretty much channel all my feelings into my piano-playing, and it really pleases me when someone tells me they can feel "something" when they hear me play.

Newbie Surio may be famous one day Surio may be famous one day Surio's Avatar
    Thanks

Certain songs make me feel certain ways. That titanic song, my heart will go on makes me sorta depressed, and the ending theme to final fantasy X. O_O
    I feel happy when I listen to Happy songs like the hamster dance XD

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG!! "My Heart Will Go On" makes me cry. +__+;;

I did a duet with my friend (her on piano, me on the flute) for a school event last month and I nearly cried on stage. How embarrassing. I was surprised (but really touched) to find that there were some in the audience that actually cried too.

It makes me so happy when my music touches people.

Newbie Lyla may be famous one day Lyla may be famous one day Lyla's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, music gets to me in many ways. Any type of pop music makes me happy. Metal or hard rock makes me angry or sad. Classic rock makes me relaxed. And other stuff...O_<

THEY can have the WORLD, we'll CREATE our OWN.

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

Techno always puts me in a good mood and makes me want to get up and dance. Rock sometimes makes me angry or pumped up to do anything. Music can sometimes make me feel certain emotions but most of the time it doesnt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast