+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Music to be remembered

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Music to be remembered

I searched for quite a while and didn’t find anything like this, so here it goes...

This question has bothered me for quite a while and this is the perfect place to find out your opinion. The question is- witch of the bands, musicians, types of music of this century do you think will be remembered for all times (like Mozart or Beethoven are remembered now). You could also understand this as a question about the quality of the music of today.

I don’t really like pop and rap so I it’s hard for me to say about this kind of music, but that’s why I’m asking. I think that this kind of music might be forgotten quickly, they are mostly very similar, the themes are the same, the songs change one another and only few live through the years.
    If we talk about the musicians who represent harder music, then I think that KoRn, System of a Down, Evanescence, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Rammstein, Marlyn Manson (come on, how can you forget his face) are those bands that have left a noticeable stamp in the history of music.
    If we talk about something older than Nirvana is already a legend and, I don’t like to say this, but Michael Jackson and Britney Spears too, never could you forget Elvis Presly, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones… hmm…

Ok, tell if you agree (I’m ready to get criticized too), tell what you think and feel!

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Music to be remembered

I agree that rap has not been the greatest music ever developed, in fact I cannot stand it. Bands that I think will be remembered will be Nickelback, Three Days Grace, and other bands of that nature. Sad to say I think that people like Britney Spears and Michael Jackson will be remembered, and not necessarily for their music.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Namida Goddess View Post
    Sad to say I think that people like Britney Spears and Michael Jackson will be remembered, and not necessarily for their music.
    You've got a point there, who can forget the face of Jackson or the weird behaviour of Spears lately? Though, I think that Jackson created something new in music and also Britney was the first girl singer of that kind (though her music hasn't lasted for long...hmm...),please correct me if I'm wrong!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I love Michael Jacksons older music, there is nothing wrong with it. It's just a pity that he has gone so wierd.

Those artists that will be remembered, will be the ones who have a several songs that stay at No.1 for a long time. It's a pity, because most of those songs happen to be pop or rap - two genres I don't really like either. I guess there will be other reasons, but the only reason why Elvis is remembered was because everyone like his songs. Same with Michael Jackson, I'm guessing that he would have been at No. 1 several times.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    I love Michael Jacksons older music, there is nothing wrong with it. It's just a pity that he has gone so wierd.

Those artists that will be remembered, will be the ones who have a several songs that stay at No.1 for a long time. It's a pity, because most of those songs happen to be pop or rap - two genres I don't really like either. I guess there will be other reasons, but the only reason why Elvis is remembered was because everyone like his songs. Same with Michael Jackson, I'm guessing that he would have been at No. 1 several times.
    I agree.

The man knows music. Even thou he's gone weird.

70 - 80 - 90 s. He's had time to master music!

I do like Madonna too. ^,^;

They are my leagues, maybe sometimes older older music, but I am not a huge fan of todays music, but don't get me wrong. Linkin park was a huge thing for me for a little while thou.

>o< I now listen to over seas music~!
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

R & B and Blues.

Once the rest of America realizes that rock and rap originated fro mthe same stand point? And that the messages of the music is not that different? (some just developed into other things)

The originators will be revered and remembered wholeheartedly.
    Seduced by Flesh

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post

Yes, actualy Jacksons music is really not bad, it's even good and I like to listen to it actually, he just has some problems...
    Yes, if a song stays in the 1st place for a long time it must be good, although- does someone still remember Las Ketchup (or how was it) - it was in the 1st place for a veeery long time but I've forgoten them just as soon.
    Another reasin why Elvis is remembered is bewcause of how he left this world so suddely, it's the same with Fredy Mercury (another favourites of mine) and Curt Cobain...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. K View Post
    >o< I now listen to over seas music~![/COLOR]
    What do you mean with "over seas music", please?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasai View Post
    R & B and Blues.

Once the rest of America realizes that rock and rap originated fro mthe same stand point? And that the messages of the music is not that different? (some just developed into other things)

The originators will be revered and remembered wholeheartedly.
    You've got a good point there... if we don't remember the creators then something must be wrong with us... Which musicians to you admit as the truly originators?

Heavy Metal Goddess CherryBlossom18 may be famous one day CherryBlossom18 may be famous one day CherryBlossom18's Avatar
    a place where the stars shine as bright as the sun
    Thanks

I say Rock-N-Roll is here to stay cause it's awesome and sends a powerful message that no matter how young or old you are you can enjoy it. Bands like Kiss, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Aerosmith, and Def Leppard paved the way for alot of the new bands today to achieve the kind of greatness they did. I've loved Rock-N-Roll since I was a kid and always will. I also 80s music will always be remembered cause it was awesome to listen to and started the MTV generation. I still love listening to 80s music.
    Last edited by CherryBlossom18; May 12, 2007 at 03:22 AM.
    "Sunset Kisses Along The Beach"
    Made for me by HolderofTheDarkChalice
    Thanks so much I love it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast