+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 9 to 15 of 15

Thread: Music to be remembered

  1. #9
    Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In a Demon's Arms
    Posts
    1,875
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 39 Times in 36 Posts

    Re: Music to be remembered

    Quote Originally Posted by CherryBlossom18 View Post
    I say Rock-N-Roll is here to stay cause it's awesome and sends a powerful message that no matter how young or old you are you can enjoy it. Bands like Kiss, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Aerosmith, and Def Leppard paved the way for alot of the new bands today to achieve the kind of greatness they did. I've loved Rock-N-Roll since I was a kid and always will.
    Yes, you're right about Rock-and-Roll, these bands are already legends (well most of the ones you mentioned), I've grown up with this music too and I just love most of it- I think hard rock is one of the greatest kinds of music!!! and most of the music I listen to (metal, nu-metal, rock) has grown from these musicians... Like who doesn't know "Smoke on the Water" or "Highway to Hell"?

    My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

  2. #10
    ~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In the gallery
    Posts
    1,376
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts

    Re: Music to be remembered

    Actually another thing I just thought of, was the way Elvis changed music, changed how the world viewed teenagers. I watched recently a doco on Elvis and listen to some of the parents back then complaining about his dance moves in particular the 'thrusting' movement LOL

  3. #11
    Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In a Demon's Arms
    Posts
    1,875
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 39 Times in 36 Posts

    Re: Music to be remembered

    Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    Actually another thing I just thought of, was the way Elvis changed music, changed how the world viewed teenagers. I watched recently a doco on Elvis and listen to some of the parents back then complaining about his dance moves in particular the 'thrusting' movement LOL
    Yes, everything that brings something new with itself, changes things- music and people- can not be remembered, it's like winning a war when you've been able to change the opinion of the world, because it's sometimes really hard. Elvis changed music a lot, he brought such changes it can't be forgoten...

    My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

  4. #12
    Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    655
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Music to be remembered

    Quote Originally Posted by Namida Goddess View Post
    I agree that rap has not been the greatest music ever developed, in fact I cannot stand it. Bands that I think will be remembered will be Nickelback, Three Days Grace, and other bands of that nature. Sad to say I think that people like Britney Spears and Michael Jackson will be remembered, and not necessarily for their music.
    even though i am THE biggest rap fan ever (620 mixtapes and going = 87 GB of music ALL LISTENED TOO) and i got to admit that most rap stars today have ONE AMAZING HIT, then fall off, *AHEM* mims *AHEM* and if their lucky, get an album out. but classic rap is still remembered. Kool G Rap, the basis of rap and hip-hop, Run DMC & Public Enemy, amazing political rappers and have deep topics, and Jedi Mind Tricks with lyrical skills to awake the dead. so these rappers will be remember, but rap these days is like the weather - always changing.


    Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

  5. #13
    Newbie AngelAlex is off to a good start AngelAlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Music to be remembered

    i don't hear rap i'll hear Linkin Park
    Thats muisic like me but it's don't mean that i hear metalic

  6. #14
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Talking Re: Music to be remembered

    Quote Originally Posted by Namida Goddess View Post
    I agree that rap has not been the greatest music ever developed, in fact I cannot stand it. Bands that I think will be remembered will be Nickelback, Three Days Grace, and other bands of that nature. Sad to say I think that people like Britney Spears and Michael Jackson will be remembered, and not necessarily for their music.
    I can agree with you on the whole rap subject. Not to many rappers are really comin' up with anything that's great on a lyrical scale. Most of them talk about money, cars and (excuse my language) "bitches". But that's rap. Hip-hop is a totally different subject. I believe that there's a huge difference between rap and hip-hop. Rap is all gangstalicious-like, so most people who do rap speak mainly about gang violence, drugs, womanizing and things that have monetary value. Hip-hop speaks from the heart. Hip-hop speaks about the struggle that the artist had to go through to get to where he/she is at now. Hip-hop's lyrics make sense and have relevance to our everyday lives.

    Enough of my rambling...
    I think for the rap/hip-hop side; those that will be remembered are: Busta Rhymes, The Fugees, Eminem, Atmosphere, A Tribe Called Quest, Queen Latifah, Arrested Development, De La Soul, Kanye West, Tupac, Notorious B.I.G. and LL Cool J.

    Rock/Metal: Nirvana, Bush, Korn, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Tool, Offspring, NOFX, The Pillows, The Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jimi Hendrix, Radiohead, OKGO, Blur, Stone Temple Pilots, Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave and Soundgarden.

    Other: Bob Marley, Bjork, Bad Boy Bill, Carl Cox, Miles Davis, Charlie "the bird" Parker, Count Baise, Dizzy Gillespie and Loui Armstrong.

    I think that's about it. I could go on for hours about music! ^_^


  7. #15
    Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    655
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Music to be remembered

    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I can agree with you on the whole rap subject. Not to many rappers are really comin' up with anything that's great on a lyrical scale. Most of them talk about money, cars and (excuse my language) "bitches". But that's rap. Hip-hop is a totally different subject. I believe that there's a huge difference between rap and hip-hop. Rap is all gangstalicious-like, so most people who do rap speak mainly about gang violence, drugs, womanizing and things that have monetary value. Hip-hop speaks from the heart. Hip-hop speaks about the struggle that the artist had to go through to get to where he/she is at now. Hip-hop's lyrics make sense and have relevance to our everyday lives.

    Enough of my rambling...
    I think for the rap/hip-hop side; those that will be remembered are: Busta Rhymes, The Fugees, Eminem, Atmosphere, A Tribe Called Quest, Queen Latifah, Arrested Development, De La Soul, Kanye West, Tupac, Notorious B.I.G. and LL Cool J.
    well tupac was remembered for rap. he shot the 'thug-life' image into our lives. and personally, no hate to B.I.G or Pac, but they would be alot less popular if they were alive today. its all bout the gangs and violence. Cam'ron says that he doesnt talk to police for fear of loosing album sales. and on you list, ur missing ALOT, but if me n u n every hip-hop knowledged person made the list, it would be LONG. lol well ya, today if ur a gangster, it sells. if your a crazy lyricist, you MIGHT get recognized. its a shame how trend can ruin many good careers.

    Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Music~
    By Sakurai in forum Japanese Culture
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Jan 13, 2008, 08:52 PM
  2. rap music
    By princesslady in forum Sensory Pleasures
    Replies: 170
    Last Post: Aug 15, 2006, 10:11 AM
  3. japanese anime music or english anime music
    By SuperAkuma in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Apr 18, 2005, 06:02 PM
  4. help me with music
    By anothermeanotherperson in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Apr 09, 2005, 08:33 PM
  5. Final Fantasy 8 Music Video with Original Music
    By shihbang in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Feb 06, 2005, 06:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts