Thread: Musicians!

Banned dark lover is off to a good start dark lover's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Musicians!

i play bassG and drums sence i was 5 i played sax for 2yrs

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I played the violin for about two years. But I believe it's been four since the last time I've touched one.. ^ ^;;

Newbie shinopious may be famous one day shinopious may be famous one day shinopious's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    I played the violin for about two years. But I believe it's been four since the last time I've touched one.. ^ ^;;
    Aww... it saddens me to see people lose touch with their instrument! How come you stopped playing? *Twitches* I wanna play violin so bad... or viola... or even a fiddle ya?! Just to see if I can play that type of instrument!

@ lebasiara: Yeah! The voice is totally an instrument! For sure! I sing too! Not fantastic... but I sing more like the older guys... and more blues than anything. I sound kinda like SRV (Stevie Ray Vaughn) when I sing the blues. But I have a wide vocal range sooo yeah... I can sing along with some Guns N' Roses songs and then sing some Louis Armstrong LoL! Don't get me wrong! I am no where near as good as Louis but I can still sing his music without making people cringe ya?
    When in doubt, shut you mouth.
    Stupidity shows when you talk too much.
    So it is better to stay quiet and people think you are dumb, than to speak and people know you are dumb.

Thanks

I didn't want to!! I moved from my home state, and couldn't find anywhere to play. I eventually went to an art school in the state that I moved in, but not for violin I do really miss playing the violin. Especially when I hear others play it in my school.

Newbie shinopious may be famous one day shinopious may be famous one day shinopious's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    I didn't want to!! I moved from my home state, and couldn't find anywhere to play. I eventually went to an art school in the state that I moved in, but not for violin I do really miss playing the violin. Especially when I hear others play it in my school.
    Aw... that really is sad. Mind taking this to PM so as not to spam the thread? *Smiles* I would like to keep it going for as long as I can ya? I really like connecting with other musicians! Especially if it means getting to see or even just hear about their specific style and such! Everyone plays their own unique way! So you PM me if you don't mind LoL, I am just busy doing a few other things! Please and thanks!
    When in doubt, shut you mouth.
    Stupidity shows when you talk too much.
    So it is better to stay quiet and people think you are dumb, than to speak and people know you are dumb.

Thanks

Alright!

I also play the piano. But that's just on my own time. I've never taken any classes, and have never been taught professionally... But I wish to learn! The piano is such a beautiful tool when it comes to making music, I just wish I had the talent and knowledge to play it!

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Um I play AT the guitar, and have been, very speratically since I was about 14.
    And Ive played the piano since I was 5, but I was lazy and didn't like to practice.
    I also played flute in the school band and violin too, but if I picked up either one at this point, I would sound like a beginner.
    ... Not Ever Again...

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Here comes a contender!! Bwahahahahaha. Sorry, sorry. High on milk and pineapple tarts.

I'm 17 this year and I have been playing the:

+ piano; 12 years (got my diplomas from LCM and ABRSM last year!! WHoooohoo!)
    + electone; 11 years (quit lessons after Level 5, Yamaha)
    + guitar; 9 years (took exams up to G6, then quit)
    + recorder; 7 years (the proper one, not the crappy elementary school recorder)
    + flute; 4 years (learned how in my school's marching band )
    + trumpet; 4 years (my instrument of choice in the band!)
    + clarinet; 4 years
    + alto sax; 4 years
    + piccoloflute; 3 years
    + oboe; 2 years
    + timpani; 3 years (learned when I first joined a local Christian orchestra)
    + drums; 4 years (not a big deal. ANYone can play drums ^^;
    + harmonica; 6 years (not great at it tho)

All wind/brass instruments were picked up in the band - trumpet was my first choice, but the bandmaster chucked me in the woodwind section and I found myself learning how to play the flute, clarinet and sax... I loved them all so much I pestered my dad to get me my own so I could play at home too, even after I left school ^^;; I only took exams for flute, though. I wasn't confident enough to take sax and trumpet exams too. But I did pass my flute exams with distinctions

And some instruments that don't really count...

+ fue; 1 year (dunno if this counts because I don't have my own fue, it's more like I've been puffing on my friends)
    + koto; 2 years (the only time I ever get to play's when I visit my grandma in Yokohama or my ex-host family in Nagoya, which I rarely get to do anyway)
    + guzheng; 5 years (I suck at this even though my grand-aunt's been trying to teach me, bleeeaaarrrgh)
    + pennywhistle; ?? years (@#$%^&*!!! I have played a pennywhistle!!! Hahaha. My cousin owns one. He lets me play it.. sometimes.)
    + violin; 2 years? (I can't play the violin properly, but I CAN hold it sideways and play something in pizzicato, the way I'd pluck a guitar's strings.. )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast