+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Musicians!

~ beri-chan ~ hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Musicians!

@ Blue-rebel: Woah! thats a lot of instruments you can play. Are you actually planning on being a musician?

Compared to me, i can only play the piano. I haven't been learning for a long time but i'm happy with my pregress. The most instruments i've seen a person play is 2, but blue-rebel here.........O ....O.....ohhhhh. amazing? i don't know a better word.

I've never really thought of using my knowledge in piano to actually use it sometime in the future. I was always putting piano as one of my recreational activities.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Gosh, no, well, I dunno. The only instruments I took formal lessons in are piano, electone and guitar. I learned how to play 6 others in the school band and 2 in the orchestra. And if you think about it, the piano and electone are similar - except that one's got two extra keyboards (bass pedals included); the oboe, flute and piccoloflute use almost the same fingering; and it's not difficult to pick up other woodwind instruments once you already can play a few.

Also, I come from very... "musical" family. And if things like pianicas and castenets and triangles and tambourines count I'll add them to the list! Hee hee.

Newbie glacier may be famous one day glacier may be famous one day glacier's Avatar
    Thanks

Whooaa.. that's so cool..both of you are cool..shinopius and blue_rebel...you played so many instrument....

well, this are d instrument i've been played....
    -Viola..3 years
    -cello..2 years
    -contrabass..1 year
    -piano..almost 13 years
    -recorder..4 years...it's hard to play it with german system.
    -alto flute..when junior high school..around 2 years and then quit
    -pianica..last 2 years on elementaru music group
    -harmonica..1 year but quit
    -guitar..1/2 year then quit

If you notice, I'v played all the strings family but there's no Violin. It's bcoz i hate it for ridiculous reason..it's too small for me. And i hate the sound..idk why..weird..From those 3, I most with Viola . Eventhough from my first time i learned Viola until now my Viola always makes me sick , but because of that junky viola, now i play in symphonic orchestra..I love you my viola for my old viola. which most proud is my Viola played Romeo and Juliet overture Tschaikovsky
    I always want to play woodwind [oboe, flute, basoon] and the brass [trumpet, sax, french horn]. i dunno why but i never interested to play any band tool except the bass. Sometimes [but I think it's alway] I envy to people who can play many instrument profesionally. It's always fascinated me. Salute for those ppl who played their instrument with their heart and soul..

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Viola! Nice! I've always wanted to learn how to play the viola. And the fiddle Partly because I no one I know plays the fiddle, and partly because I totally love Irish-y instruments like.. well, the fiddle. And the pennywhistle. My dad's been trying to get me to pick up the double bass, though, because he's into jazz bands with DBs. They sound really good, admittedly, but uhhh, haha, the size of a DB alone intimidates me... ^^;;

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Here comes a contender!! Bwahahahahaha. Sorry, sorry. High on milk and pineapple tarts.

I'm 17 this year and I have been playing the:

+ piano; 12 years (got my diplomas from LCM and ABRSM last year!! WHoooohoo!)
    + electone; 11 years (quit lessons after Level 5, Yamaha)
    + guitar; 9 years (took exams up to G6, then quit)
    + recorder; 7 years (the proper one, not the crappy elementary school recorder)
    + flute; 4 years (learned how in my school's marching band )
    + trumpet; 4 years (my instrument of choice in the band!)
    + clarinet; 4 years
    + alto sax; 4 years
    + piccoloflute; 3 years
    + oboe; 2 years
    + timpani; 3 years (learned when I first joined a local Christian orchestra)
    + drums; 4 years (not a big deal. ANYone can play drums ^^;
    + harmonica; 6 years (not great at it tho)

All wind/brass instruments were picked up in the band - trumpet was my first choice, but the bandmaster chucked me in the woodwind section and I found myself learning how to play the flute, clarinet and sax... I loved them all so much I pestered my dad to get me my own so I could play at home too, even after I left school ^^;; I only took exams for flute, though. I wasn't confident enough to take sax and trumpet exams too. But I did pass my flute exams with distinctions

And some instruments that don't really count...

+ fue; 1 year (dunno if this counts because I don't have my own fue, it's more like I've been puffing on my friends)
    + koto; 2 years (the only time I ever get to play's when I visit my grandma in Yokohama or my ex-host family in Nagoya, which I rarely get to do anyway)
    + guzheng; 5 years (I suck at this even though my grand-aunt's been trying to teach me, bleeeaaarrrgh)
    + pennywhistle; ?? years (@#$%^&*!!! I have played a pennywhistle!!! Hahaha. My cousin owns one. He lets me play it.. sometimes.)
    + violin; 2 years? (I can't play the violin properly, but I CAN hold it sideways and play something in pizzicato, the way I'd pluck a guitar's strings.. )
    o___O;; Wow rebel-chan, you used to play a lot of music! I only played violin for two years, and I forgot how to play it all together. T.T I used to enjoy playing it, though. And I play piano as a mere hobby. Nothing special. I envy you TT_TT

And you have mentioned instruments I have never heard of in my life.

Newbie Coolio9 is off to a good start Coolio9's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, nicely done with all your instruments. here's a list of mine.

Guitar - 7 years
    Piano - 12 years
    Trumpet ( actually a coronet, no one knows what it is though lol) - 8 years
    Drums - 3 years
    Banjo - 1/2 a year (it's really hard)
    Accordian - 2 months (my grandpa gave me it, also next to impossible to play)

I have always wanted to learn to play the bagpipes. a lot of ppl don't seem to like them, but i dunno, i luv em. might be cause of the scottish in me, maybe. lol or i'm wierd. i have two guitars, i have a Fender Stratocaster and a Beavercreek Acoustic. I wanna find a good double neck Gibson Guitar. that'd be insane heavy, but super fun.
    Is it just you, or is everyone Stupid?

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

I've taken two piano courses in College, so my level of piano playing is somewhat intermediate. I mainly learned it so I can learn at least one form of art to a good extent that I would enjoy to do as a hobby. The only tunes I've played are simple ones, super nintendo game music, and favorite songs of mine.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I play clarinet and alto, tenor, and bari saxophone. I can pretty much pick out any song I want learn from ear, even a couple metal songs. (weird, yes.) I really want to learn the god of all insturments: guitar, but I don't have the drive to pursue it. I figure I got my whole life to go after it though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast