+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Musicians!

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Musicians!

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    o___O;; Wow rebel-chan, you used to play a lot of music! I only played violin for two years, and I forgot how to play it all together. T.T I used to enjoy playing it, though. And I play piano as a mere hobby. Nothing special. I envy you TT_TT

And you have mentioned instruments I have never heard of in my life.
    Haha, like? The pennywhistle? Come to think of it, most people haven't heard of the pennywhistle. I only learned about it because I watched the Riverdance and thought the funny little whistle-like thing sounded really nice, so I looked it up and found out it was called a pennywhistle. Then later on my cousin bought one.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolio9 View Post
    Trumpet ( actually a coronet, no one knows what it is though lol) - 8 years
    Banjo - 1/2 a year (it's really hard)
    Accordian - 2 months (my grandpa gave me it, also next to impossible to play)

I have always wanted to learn to play the bagpipes. a lot of ppl don't seem to like them, but i dunno, i luv em. might be cause of the scottish in me, maybe. lol or i'm wierd. i have two guitars, i have a Fender Stratocaster and a Beavercreek Acoustic. I wanna find a good double neck Gibson Guitar. that'd be insane heavy, but super fun.
    My dad likes collecting guitars too. Mostly Taylor guitars. And yeah, bagpipes are lovely - where I'm from I only know two school marching bands that actually have bagpipes. I wish my school band was one of them. And hey, you can play the cornet!! And the banjo! Ackkk. I want to play the banjo!

Newbie N8VE South is off to a good start N8VE South's Avatar
    Thanks

Blue_rebel howcome you play so many instruments. Why not jus pick the one you like best and HOW DO I GET A PERSONAL AVATAR on the site.
    THINK ABOUT IT
    N8VE LAW

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Huh? How am I supposed to know which one I like best before I actually learn how to play it?? +__+ I thought I explained why I can play so many instruments, too. Most of them I picked up while I was in my school's marching band, and in a local orchestra. And for someone who loves music as much as I do, picking up a new instrument and progressing to at least Grade 5 level on your own isn't difficult, even if you don't go for classes or sit for exams.

Of all the instruments I currently play, though, my favorite is the piano - because you can do SO much with the piano. And you don't even need someone else to accompany you.

Newbie glacier may be famous one day glacier may be famous one day glacier's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone know about ABRSM (Associated Board of Royal School of Music)? Does anyone ever been taken this exam..? If yes how'staht.. I gain info about this n i would like to know about this if sombd has been into it... i just excited...I think this exam is "COOL"
    For I am rightful of their band, My best allegiances are to the death ~Gwendolyn Brooks

Signature designed by Shonen
    Thank You

Thanks

Most music students in Malaysia are under the ABRSM. I was, up to Grade 6, after which I switched to LCM (London College of Music). I found the ABRSM examiners scary and intimidating... as opposed to the LCM examiners, who were VERY jovial and warm. As for ABRSM exam pieces - nothing too difficult, although I figure this depends on how talented you are in music.

Thanks

(Blue_rebel) Ok cool You like 2 have a broad experience wit yo music so you love tryin new instruments 2 get new experiences wit music. personly don think i could do that though, I'm jus tryin 2 focus on guitar . plus all those instruments must be reall time consuming u must be pretty devoted 2 u'r music.
    THINK ABOUT IT
    N8VE LAW

Thanks

Ermmm, let's just say I'm a fast learner. Music is one of those things I can never get enough of. I'll be listening to say, some new age stuff, and I'll go, "Hey! That bit sounds really nice! What instrument is that?" and then I'll go look it up and do everything I can to get hold of the instrument and then learn how to play it. ^^;; When it comes to music, I'll always have all the time in the world. I guess things will change once college starts - I can't possibly fly all my instruments over to NY, and I won't have that much free time on my hands.

Thanks

Yeah damn i don have enough free time now for any instrument besides guitar. But then are u gonna get into a musical career or is it jus a realyl big hobby?
    THINK ABOUT IT
    N8VE LAW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast