+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My 9-11 Video I promised a year ago....

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: My 9-11 Video I promisde a year ago....

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    Leave it to Hassun to find all the mistakes in the video

Actually, i never even really thought about the spelling, I was just struggling so hard to get the video to look half way decent. It took me about 1/2 way through the assignment to figure out what I was doing, but by then I couldn't go back and fix it.

I'm still happy with it. It was a great challenge to do, taught me what I needed and helped me express my feelings about 9-11.
    What was the assignment about? Did you get to choose the subject?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    What was the assignment about? Did you get to choose the subject?
    A Life altering event...read the description for the video in youtube Hassun

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

As Legend says, the description text on youtube (that they so conveniently hide) gives the background of the assignment.

This was the first assignment I did for my beginning video editing class in college. The assingment was to do compose a video of a life altering event.

For years I had always wondered how my mother could remember all the details of where she was when President Kennedy was assassinated. But after 9/11 I've never had a problem understanding that phenomenon. The pictures all all from various news outlets and stories. The music is the theme to Shindler's List. The quality is not the best but the compisition came from the heart.

This is my tribute to remembering 9/11. Where were you when the towers fell?

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

Six years today.
    I remember where I was, on that fateful day.
    I was watching the news on tv, because I was sick at home that day, I had the flu. I watched as both planes hit the towers, and how they fell. I remember thinking that this is a hoax, there is no way someone would attack the world trade center. but after they fell I knew otherwise. I wish to send my sympathy to the ones who lost loved ones on that day, and remind them that they are not alone, they will meet in the afterlife... ok

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: My 9-11 Video I promised a year ago....

Great video, it brought back a lot of memories.

I remember being woken up by my mother just before 7am my time a few minutes after the first tower was hit. We sat in silence as the news casters talk and talked about what might have gone wrong. I was paying attention to the live video feed of the tower burning when I saw a plane fly into the second tower and then the screen fill with static from the explosion. For the first few seconds I thought it was just a recording of the first tower getting hit but then I realized that both towers were on fire. I clearly remember the news casters taking a long time to notice what had happened and then they just went crazy.

I happen to live in a small town call Los Alamos. Some of you might know of it as the birth place of the atomic bomb. We still have a laboratory that deals with nuclear weapons as well as many other physical experiments. So even though I went to school that morning the town ended up shutting down a few hours later when they realized that we might be targeted as well. Everything in the town went into virtual lock down for a few days. Some pretty scary stuff for a freshman in high school.

Not to steal this from one of our own days of remembrance, but I felt I should say it.

9-11-01 Never forget.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2