+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Myst

Otaku Ritoru-chan may be famous one day Ritoru-chan may be famous one day
    Thanks

Myst

Ah, I use to play this game for hours and have never physically beaten the original. I remember the old rumours about the only one's who ever knew the ending of the game (if it ended - which is obviously did) were the creators. Since then there were numerous additions to the game, as well as books:

1. Myst - The Book of Atrus
    2. Myst - The Book of Ti'ana
    3. Myst - The Book of D'Ni

Has anyone played this? What was your take on the game? How far did you get in it?? I got as far as the swamp-world.. took me FOREVER to do it too. I actually liked the game though, even if the puzzles completely made my brain turn to mush.
    "You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music." -- The Cable Guy
    Photography | @Twitter | Website

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Myst

Quote Originally Posted by Ritoru-chan View Post
    Ah, I use to play this game for hours and have never physically beaten the original.
    So you mentally beat it?

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Myst!!!! Myst??? Witch myst? I finnished Myst III "Exile" on my own, that was great fun!!! If you're talking about that swamp than the only roblem I had with it was that it made me feel sick... the graphics were so good that it even seemed to me like I couls smell the stink of the flowers there...
    I've played Myst IV too, but that I finninshed only with the help of a walkthrough, because i really had problems with Spire, I couldn't finish it... I did everything else on my own but that world... it's really tough! I really hated the ending... (of you're willing to play it don't read futher) Achenar, who I really started to adore, died... maybe i did something wrong? I don't know *sigh*... I hate Myst IV and I really don't think I'll buy Myst V...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Otaku Ritoru-chan may be famous one day Ritoru-chan may be famous one day
    Thanks

Lasura, I'm referring to the very FIRST Myst that ran off of Windows 3.1 *laughs* Total old school and don't worry about spoilers, I don't know if I'll even be trying to play the game again. It frustrated me way too much and I could NEVER get any farther than the third "world".
    "You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music." -- The Cable Guy
    Photography | @Twitter | Website

Otaku kossetsu shita is off to a good start kossetsu shita's Avatar
    Thanks

omg i used t watch my uncle play this all the freaking time when i was younger, and when i got my first shot at it, i got to about the part where ur in the space ship thingy and u have to listen to sounds, but then i gto my hnds on 3 and i beat that one ^_^ i was like yay ^_^ over all i luv the myst games, they test ur knolledge skills perfectly

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

I never played the game, but I read one of the books... I think I read the 3rd book ^^; lol A suprising amount of people talked to me when I was reading it, asking me if I liked the video game and such o_o If I was more of a video game person, I prolly would have been tempted to try it out, cuz it sounded so interesting ^^; lol
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

+ Reply to Thread