+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New console wars

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

New console wars

With all the new details reveled and E3 happeneng soon, what are your thoughts on the console wars as of now? hopefully we can continue this same discussion after E3 happens as well.
    It seems the PS3 is loosing all its exclusives. such as Devil May Cry 4, which i just learned will come out for the 360 and PC as well. and with the Wii doing better than even Nintendo had thought, it seems all the chips are down. will Sony come up and really pull something outta its @$$, or will microsoft gain an even larger lead?

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: New console wars

I honestly don't know why the Wii is doing so well, I admit I wanted one when I first saw it and had the money to buy one but the first time I saw one was in March and its appeal had worn off to me anyway. Other than Zelda I haven't seen anything worth getting on the Wii. It'll be another year and a half or two before there is (if or at all) alot of online games for the Wii other than virtual console titles are out. I will say I haven't been keeping to up on the news of the Wii so some of what I said could be wrong.

As for the 360 I read in my local paper the other day that they're having to spend an extra billion dollars on all the red circle of death problems they'
    ve also never really said why the console does that. The article also said the 360 part of microsoft had been losing money pretty steady becuase of the red circle. A few weeks back I read on IGN that there is no price drop for the 360 in the near future. So I don't think microsoft is going to be moving up or down on the scale for at least a year and a half.

As for the PS3 if they can actually get more than two games out for the 600 dollar paper weight, they might actually see some good things happening. I was looking around online the other day and saw MGS4 has been delayed again. Its not good when "Launch titles" come out a year or years after the launch of the console. There is one more thing to think about the PS3 it'll be coming up on 1 year old soon and with that comes problems.

I still haven't taken the step into the next generation yet. I'm waiting for this X-mas to make my move because there is nothing out for any of the new consoles that interest me enough to drop 300 to 600 bones. Blue Dragon looks awesome but I want Tools of Destruction R&C, and Jak and Daxter: Lost frontier (whenever they might get that out)
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

So far, I gotta say, 360 and the wii is where it is at. I've been playin' Gears of War with a friend, and the upcoming Smash Bros. for the wii is highly anticipated, at least in my circle of friends. I still can't say much for the PS3, I haven't really played it that much, much more seen a game for it that would make it worth buying.

Thanks

i played Red Steel when the Wii launched, by friend got one. it sucked. so did Duty 3. i honestly say the best game for the Wii that i played is the Wii sports that came with it. i mad a rock Lee and Hitler Mii and made them play golf and bowling. thats about all the fun i had. however i would like the idea of being Solid Snake and beating ppl in SSB:Brawl

Gears of war does own. so does Crackdown. so will Halo 3. but, yes, the ring of death sucks it. my other friend got one of those on his elite and had to get a new one. i belive this problem may be because of microsoft's rush to get it out first.

i think that, along with a price drop of about 100 dollars and some of its real exclusive games to come out, the PS3 would actually start gaining ground fast. the upcoming gundam Musao (its supposed to be Dynasty Warriors gundam in the US but that sounds gay) would make me get one, along with GT5 (as long as you dont really have to buy the cars) and MGS4. and i have decided to wait as well before getting a new console.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd haveta say the 360 is where it's at, although the Wii isn't doin' too shabby either. With the Wii, the prob is that it's takin' too long for all the really good games to come out. They need to hurry it up if they wanna keep up wit Microsoft. And I don' think that the PS3 is even a factor at this point. Sony dropped the ball, they got too cocky and relied too heavily on that Blu-ray. They shoulda done what Microsoft did with their HD-DVD player and jus' had it as an add on.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

I'm jet to get any of the latest consoles (I love BattleField2142 on my computer...), but I'm seriously thinking about a Xbox 360. I've played all 3 consoles & the 360 is the one that really catches my eye.

Don't get me wrong, the others have their good points. The PS3 has a couple of interesting games (I've seen at least 1 Gundam game), while the Wii has a unique control style & a noticeable amount of good games, from what I've heard. Weird name though, Wii...

However, the box family has my vote. First with internal memory, allowing you to store music & games, good controls, and more. Plus, who can forget HALO! And since with the Xbox 360, you can play most original Xbox games, plus Halo 3 is coming out soon, I'm hoping to have the money soon. If only life didn't sost so much...

I've noticed a few "Play Station only" series crossing over into other consoles territory myself. I've spotted a big Mech game, only found of PS 1 & 2 before, now on Xbox 360 & the Wii I think, along with others I can't remember at the moment.

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say that the PS3 has been a big disappointment because there are few games for the console. The only thing that saves it, is the Blue Ray reader that comes with it. The Wii is perhaps is the most kool console ever since the SNE came out back in the days. I don't have anything to say about the 360 only that i have heard from my circle of friends that is pretty good console with a good variety of games.

Thanks

yes, this act of making games non-exclusive makes me mad. dont get me wrong, i loved resident evil 4 for my PS2, but now its getting rediculous. i might just get a 360 myself if i cant afford the PS3. and dont buy gundam crossfire, it sucks.

as for the Wii, the style of playing doenst appeal to me. i think most of the new buyers are new aditions to the gaming world, so its all new to them. i guess we where just jaded by great games like MGS and HALO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast