+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: New console wars

Newbie Ike44 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: New console wars

I agree with what was said above. only gamers were ready. nintendo on the other hand was able to target everyone with the use of easy to get into and interactive games.

the 360 had a head start and was able to release some solid games like gears of war and oblivion to gain support. and it had a strong online gaming community.

now the ps3 is stuck because 360 brought good games which the ps3 didn't do during launch. but the big thing is the price. the average person will not shell out 500-600 dollars to play some decent games. the thing is though once the ps3 gets there exclusive games out like final fantasy, metal gear solid and their platform games out they'll be in the running again. it would help to drop the price a $100 though.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

i think it is safe to say that almost everyone deep down wants a PS3, but since they cant afford to drop 600 buck in the bucket they get a 360 instead. and yes, if they get their act together, i really do think that Sony can gain ground. look for them to make a bare-bones version of the ps3 with no harddrive avalible sometime.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Newbie ME2LOL is off to a good start ME2LOL's Avatar
    Thanks

yah devil may cry thats kewl that
    its coming out for all 3 councils
    ill be sure to buy it when it does
    ty

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks

You cant say its a console war first of all the only reason the wii is doing so good is cause its easy for old people to pick up and the ps3 hasn't come out with a enough games to push the system and 360 is nothing but a bum buying up rights to games just to stay afloat

Do to others as you see fit

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    look for them to make a bare-bones version of the ps3 with no harddrive avalible sometime.

There isn't a chance in H E double hockey sticks of that happening they stopped producing the 20 gig system because the demand for the 60 gig was far greater. If Sony had come out with the 20 gig at a 150 to 200 dollars cheaper than its 600 dollar 60 gig counter-part then things might be different.

The only thing that I'm 60% sure about is that sony won't be in the hand held market when nintendo puts out whatever comes after the DS, and if they do take the plunge it won't have anything to do with UMD's.

I'll say that 600 bones is alot to drop for a console, but thats not what really bothers me its the fact that the games have jumped ten more bucks. I don't care how new and good looking a game is some games just aren't worth 60 bucks or even 50 sometime.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazawa View Post
    I don't care how new and good looking a game is some games just aren't worth 60 bucks or even 50 sometime.
    You're in America, aren't you? I say that cause in Australia, I've seen games for around AUS$110 for the PS3!

I would actually be surprised if Sony disappeared off the face of the console world, but I don't think I'll be supporting them with my money though. I'd rather spend that kinda money on a new graphics card, or even computer considering how expensive the PS3 works out to be. The Xbox 360 would be the next console I'd get, if I could organize enough money. It's not fun being broke...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I hear ya 'bout being broke, I can' even rub two pennies together or they'll scream. Some people say that the wii is jus' a fad, I don' think it is. The wii is appealling to a broader base of fans and that, I think will keep it in the running, and I don' think that the 360 is "buying up games jus' ta stay afloat." Microsoft is seizing an oppurtunity, 'cause Sony can' hang on to their exclusives, to appeal to a wider base of gamers.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

I'm not even sure which games are still Sony-Only deals anymore. I mean, Metal Gear Solid started off on the Sony systems only, but I know for a fact the Solid Snake will be in the next round of Super Smash Brothers, having watched a cool vid about it in a shop. It starts as Snake gets contacted by his superior & told he's been invited into the next round of Super Smash Brothers. They talk a bit, then Snake gets asked where he is. They then actually show Snake, who is hiding in a box, telling his boss he's performing recon work. as the keep talking, they zoom out through then from the box, reveiling he's hiding in the middle of one of the fights. He then stands up, dropping the box, says something to everyone who's staring at him, then the vid ends.

Oh, & it was Armoured Core that I was talking about earlier, the Mecha game usually only on PS, but now on Xbox 360. Another game I'd have to get afew Halo3...

If I get the system, that is...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast