+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: New console wars

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: New console wars

the ps3 's here in my state are have freezing problems and hardly any
    store has them out for you to play on so you can see if you want it or
    not , i wonder if they will ever fix the freezing problem the ps3 has.
    as for the other consoles im not intrested in them really becuase they
    dont have any good games at all sony does all the cool games like the
    RE series the rpg's like ff and other stuff .
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel219 View Post
    [COLOR="Orange"]You're in America, aren't you? I say that cause in Australia, I've seen games for around AUS$110 for the PS3!/COLOR]
    Yeah I'm in the US, at that old forum I used to go to there where a couple Austalian Guys I talked with, they said that it cost an arm and a leg for games over there.

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    the ps3 's here in my state are have freezing problems and hardly any
    store has them out for you to play on so you can see if you want it or
    not , i wonder if they will ever fix the freezing problem the ps3 has.
    as for the other consoles im not intrested in them really becuase they
    dont have any good games at all sony does all the cool games like the
    RE series the rpg's like ff and other stuff .
    Really, I thought something might start poping up so its freezing problems. The fans probably not big or strong enough to cool it enough for extended play.

I just don't get it, I don't like to wait for things, but if I'm going to drop 600 bucks for something. I would want quality of urgentcy, It would have turned out alot better for sony if they had waited until this summer to launch the PS3 because no other system has anything coming out game wise not until X-mas. At least then they could have had a couple more month to see what bugs where eventually gonna rear their ugly head.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't believe the PS3 is going to be losing out anytime soon... try around maybe PS11 and maybe we'll see a dramatic drop.

Especially with the $100 drop in PS3's 60GB console, parents are going to go crazy with it for Christmas...
    Not to mention the added 80GB... it might not be needed, but there are a few of us who are still willing to pay $600 once we get enough money for the top of the notch product.

PS3's just having a rough start is all... it don't matter how many months pass, PS3 is going to murder the consoles... they have graphics on their side and easy-gameplay as well.

The Xbox 360 is more vamped and ready for this fight, but are they really ready to be a game console just yet?

The Wii is the gambler... pure gamble. With the lack of next-gen graphics and space required to blow the others out of water, they'll have to depend on Nintendo's veteran status and skill. Will this be another Virtua Boy? Obviously not, but we're not sure how well it'll stand with the other systems according to popularity status by the end of the run.
    It might be another GameCube (fun, awesome, but just a go-around for most people).

So... the PS3 will be keeping itself above water before it shoots itself out.
    Even if their PS-only games are disappearing, there's no skin off their back. (maybe on their feet)

...afterall, PS has more than enough proven that they're a total as-.....
    ...I mean... great company, that they can more than keep up.

Honestly, I tried to read the previous comments on this topic... but it was like a ping pong match with 14 players... too many balls flying back and forth I had no idea what was going on. @_@
    So... if I'm off topic, someone give me a slap to the face.

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont the see the ps3 really selling they dont have gomes left out there for there own name i think there one left but other that they dont have anyting microsfot has halo 3 and gears of war and now guitar hero nintendo has mario and zelda and smash bros and they own the handheld market

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, Guitar Hero isn't exclusively for the Xbox 360, they'll still switch off to who's better for them...
    Xbox has Halo as an obvious face for their system.
    Nintendo will always have Mario and the other Nintendo cast for their face.

But Playstation...

As far as we've known... Playstation never really had a mascot.
    They've tried Rayman, they've tried Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro...
    But none of those possibly Nintendo-inspired characters stayed long enough in the spotlight.

...Tomb Raider came and went as well, though a common classic, it's not supporting PS as a mascot as it is itself...

...you can try Final Fantasy 7's Cloud, but FF isn't soley for Playstation, as it was birthed and raised in Nintendo.

<_< They're tying to bring back Jumping Flash, but we know that isn't a mascot for something as sheek-seamed as the PS3.

BUT! There is of course, MGS4...
    That one's a strange case, since there are multiple fans worldwide, but we know this doesn't even touch a huge percentage of PS-fans... people who love MGS seem to come from just about anywhere and don't have exclusive fanhood to Playstation Titles.

But again, MGS isn't only Playstation-based, as they do still hold some loyalty to Nintendo.

There is GTA... but GTA has never been ONLY for the playstation, as its starting games (GTA, GTA London, and GTA2) also showed up on some PC's screens...
    And we know it likes to give some of its stuff to Xbox 360...
    Not to mention an odd giveaway to the Wii... *cough*

So is Playstation gonna' fall?

No no no no... no no no!! If it's gonna' crash and burn, I hope it does it in dazzling flames! Playstation, aka (to me) the murderer of SEGA can't get away with what they did to classic consoles and games without them dying in a horrifying fight. For me, Playstation is the villain I love to hate. Though I am still getting a PS3 and PS games as long as they come out, I still hold a grudge against these... media "kings".

I respect Playstation, but that's as far as it goes.
    They've murdered their way to the top, and I'm not going to believe that "slow start"s and "games selling-out"s are going to bring this beast down!

As we've seen in Playstation's history, they've always got more creators willing to give them the games they need to bring them to the top.
    We'll see a surge of new companies, and maybe one of them will make their name in Playstation 3.

So no, I don't believe this'll harm PS3's name at all just yet.... only if they don't show any improvements in Christmas will I believe they have a chance of dying out.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree wit u Soshi, it's gonna take alot more than this ta bring Sony down. I again look to Nintendo as a example, look at how many times they've been down, they're still around. I think that if the PS3's gonna stay afloat, Sony's gotta come up wit' a gameplan and fast. The holiday season will b here 'fore u know it.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Just a little correction on what I've said before & was then quoted by Mechazawa, there are console games down here going for AUS$119!! Most of the computer games I'm interested in are AUS$99 max, with slightly higher prices for more special versions, with all kinds of pretty bits.

They're allowing people to preorder Halo 3 down under now. From what I've seen in 1 shop, it's AUS$99 for the most basic version, AUS$149 I think for the metal box + extra bits version & AUS$199 for the "Got It All" version, complete with Master Chief helmet case & much more extra bit goodness.
    I've also heard talk from that shops staff about a Halo 3 edition Xbox 3 pack, with the basic game. Might have to save some pennies...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Otaku _Nathalie_ may be famous one day _Nathalie_ may be famous one day _Nathalie_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I would say Wii will kick the ass of the two other consoles but I think the Xbox 360 will do very well.

Because I believe there is more chance of a ''exclusive'' PS3 game being released on the Xbox 360, then a ''exclusive'' Xbox 360 game being released on the PS3

And besides that I think Blu-ray has no chance of survival against HD-DVD

All round I would say the Wii is just a great console thats totally different from the other two.
    But I believe the Xbox 360 is just a better machine then the PS3

If men where made to think, women where made to tell them they thought wrong
    (Just kidding guys )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast