+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: New console wars

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: New console wars

Daniel219 I'm sorry I didn't mean to make it sound like that I should have posted that differently.

If you want a face for sony its anyone of there own titles (or the titles they help on) Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, and probably the one that has made them the most coin Kratos (God of War). Its always been that a platformer character was the icon of a console, Sega= sonic, Mario=Nintendo, PSone=Crash, PS2=One that I just listed except maybe GoW.

I wouldn't say MGS is the face of sony because they've always released a re-vamp (he he vamp) of whatever they released on the PS for different consoles.

I'd say that Sony is re-arming itself for this X-mas I saw at EB lastnight that the PS3 60 gig is no 499 and I saw a news article they are going to launch a mod version of the 3 in august.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

A mod version of the PS3? That'd b sweet! Any low-down on how much it's gonna cost?

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazawa View Post
    Daniel219 I'm sorry I didn't mean to make it sound like that I should have posted that differently.

If you want a face for sony its anyone of there own titles (or the titles they help on) Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, and probably the one that has made them the most coin Kratos (God of War). Its always been that a platformer character was the icon of a console, Sega= sonic, Mario=Nintendo, PSone=Crash, PS2=One that I just listed except maybe GoW.

I wouldn't say MGS is the face of sony because they've always released a re-vamp (he he vamp) of whatever they released on the PS for different consoles.

I'd say that Sony is re-arming itself for this X-mas I saw at EB lastnight that the PS3 60 gig is no 499 and I saw a news article they are going to launch a mod version of the 3 in august.

Oh right... I forgot about listing Ratchet and Clank, and Jak and Daxter...

<_< I'm not sure if Kratos (God of War) would be the face of Playstation... It was a huge hit, but people don't immediately think "Playstation" when someone mentions God of War... they just think "God of War was a kick-arse game".

But Ratchet and Clank, and Jak and Daxter, seem to be the faces of Playstation so far that's lasted.

But for now, everyone sees PS3 with Snake's face for the cover...
    I suppose since it is the most anticipated game for the console.
    But like I said before, it still holds some loyalty to Nintendo. So it's not a full-Playstation game just yet.

Yeah, the 60 gig went down in price, hopefully this spurs Christmas shoppers to get a Playstation 3...

I'm aiming for the new 80 gig though. That'll be a goodin'.

Newbie corryroets may be famous one day corryroets may be famous one day corryroets's Avatar
    Thanks

The problem is it all comes down to what you prefer e.g. you get Nintendo fans, Microsoft fans and Sony fans. And the other big thing is the prices! But in all honesty SONY ROCKS!!!! Ad it's still early days. The best thing to do is to wait and see what will happen in the future, let's see who will last the longest?

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Joe Mage: the new version in August is just the 80 gig system, I found a better news site.

All right as I said above I found a better news site for this type of information, I'm getting a little mad at Sony now. I just checked wally-marts website and they even have PS3's for the lower 499.99. However, on that news site it said that this is really just a fad.

It seems as soon as the 80 gig system is launched Sony of America will start to phase out the 60 gig system just like they did with the 20 gig system. So if anyone was planning on buying A PS3 I would do it now and get the 60 for cheap, because I didn't read that anything would be any different for the 80 gig system other than that extra 20 g's.

Also the 80 giger is going back up to the full 600 bones so I guess this is just a limited time sale. Their I-Poding the Playstations BOOOOOO BOOOOO Sony.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Sony's always been going for fads... that's why I have bulk against them despite the fact that I buy their merchandise. (I give a growl and a sneer at them... then purchase their merchandise... I think that's understandable)

Sony's won because of fads. They started out as a fad and got many band-wagon fans. Most people who play video games now used to think that video games were for kiddies and nerds before the Playstation came out.

Heck, did you know that 70&#37; of gamers these days never knew that SEGA used CDs before Dreamcast? No one remembers Sega Saturn or even Sega CD for Karma's sake!

>_> But trust me, I can assure that the 60GB won't be going as fast as assumed.

Know why?

iPhone.

That product will definitely be THE CHRISTMAS PRODUCT.
    So all that money that people would've used to buy a PS3? GONE! It's going for the iPhone.

I know that 80GB won't be much of a difference, but I'm one of those "must get THE best of THE best"-guys...
    The extra 20GBs will be helpful if in case I take up THAT much space. O_o Maybe it's just comforting to know there's an extra 20GBs...

Besides, with all the pictures I'll be taking in MGS4, I'm sure I can fill up a good 10GBs full of pictures.

But before getting my PS3... MUST get an Xbox 360! Culdcept is coming out again! WHOO!!!

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazawa View Post
    Joe Mage: the new version in August is just the 80 gig system, I found a better news site.

All right as I said above I found a better news site for this type of information, I'm getting a little mad at Sony now. I just checked wally-marts website and they even have PS3's for the lower 499.99. However, on that news site it said that this is really just a fad.

It seems as soon as the 80 gig system is launched Sony of America will start to phase out the 60 gig system just like they did with the 20 gig system. So if anyone was planning on buying A PS3 I would do it now and get the 60 for cheap, because I didn't read that anything would be any different for the 80 gig system other than that extra 20 g's.

Also the 80 giger is going back up to the full 600 bones so I guess this is just a limited time sale. Their I-Poding the Playstations BOOOOOO BOOOOO Sony.
    Aaawww, man!!! That blows chunks!!! I disabled and so I have ta save my pennies jus' ta buy a game and now this. That's like dangling a carrot in front of me and then jerking it away at the last minute. This sucks.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

ok.....after my long break...which means my keayboard broke.....and watching TV ive decided that ill get an Xbox Three-Sixty {if you wonder why i spelled it out, for some reason the numbwers on my new kayboard dont work...} for a couple resons...

its cheaper, and the price is said to drop more. also some of Sony's thunder was stolen- now Gundam Musao {er... dynasty warriors gundam in the us} will be on it now too, as well as Assasin's creed. plus heavy hitters like the inevetible gears of war deuce and halo three.

how about that new PSP? i only think the best improvement is the better battery. i dont think it warrants a two hundred dollar price tag. but the star wars one's cool, huh?

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast