+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: New console wars

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: New console wars

No doesn't look like there is any FF for the 360 other than FFXI the mmorpg. Or was that for the X-box? Oh well, a I heard some time ago that Namco/Bandia was going to release a couple of Tales games for the 360.

When I heard that I almost went out and bought a 360, but I haven't heard anything since then. I'm a huge fan of the Tales series.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

the xbox isnt dead they still have some good games comeing out it even though there slowing is down so people will buy the 360 and its working and with the new halo 3 360 there gonna hit a huge spike of new 360 owners sony cant do this since there system still cost to much and to get custom ps3 you have win them or pay extra sony really doesnt have anymore flagship games going for it and nintendo and micrsoft has theres. bungie the makers of the halo seris said that they would never release halo too sony products or nintendo products. the same goes for mario with nintendo

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    Yes, Chrono Trigger was kool; but plz, don' diss the Final. My best friend has a 360 and he's all excited 'bout all of the RPG games slated for release also. I wanna get the 360 for Blue Dragon myself, but I hear that they have other kool RPG's comin' too. Oh yeah, byb, I've been hearin' that Square was gonna produce an FF game for the 360, then they weren', then they were... Any1 have any info on that, 'cause I'm gettin' confused?
    I'm not dissing Final Fantasy in that way... I'm dissing the fact of the mainstream RPGs being the ones that keep getting continued on and on and on and on while very few original titles come out themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Final Fantasy X (an original, in my book), I loved Tales of Destiny (my favorite Tales of), I never tried Dragon Quest ( the fans... well, let's just say I'm tired of hanging out with "their kind" ... but I am interested in Dragon Quest ), I thought the Mana games were pretty original, but COME ON!!! >_O The maker of Blue Dragon had a point! It was pretty tiring to constantly hear fans upon fans encouraging makers to just make another version or sequal of a game that's practically gone long enough!

And this isn't so much a genuine fanhood as it is a "I'm still excited from the last one! But I don't want it to end here! Nonononono!"... >_<

-_- Chrono Trigger deserved the same recognition as these RPGs for basing an RPG off of!

._. I mean, what about Saga Frontier? That was pretty original, not my two-shoes, but I respected its originality.
    >_> There was that other Frontier game (of which I forgot the name of)... but that's about it.

Here we are, just encouraging more versions of the same game to come out and never let it rest in peace, when we could be improving things by making a whole new world of stories and concepts!

This is why I "dissed" those continuations...

I'm just finally glad someone was inspired from Chrono Trigger. My favorite RPG of all time. I'm looking forward to Blue Dragon.
    Happy there's a new folk in town.

But I still feel kinda iffy about Xbox having RPGs... it still feels like an FPS and Platformer game console... but maybe that's just Microsoft not being able to pull itself away from PC games.

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to have to say that Sony going to win cause their not fighting for one or two rounds their going for the full 10 rounds(rounds meaning years) Nintendo is losing its momentum with all these casual games and Microsoft is losing cause it doesn't really try and bring anything new to the system and its only staying afloat right now because its buying titles up left and right on the other hand Sony is just throwing awesome games out onto store shelves this holiday and i think this is going to help Sony out even more and keep it as the video game king

Do to others as you see fit

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar theif#1 View Post
    I'm going to have to say that Sony going to win cause their not fighting for one or two rounds their going for the full 10 rounds(rounds meaning years) Nintendo is losing its momentum with all these casual games and Microsoft is losing cause it doesn't really try and bring anything new to the system and its only staying afloat right now because its buying titles up left and right on the other hand Sony is just throwing awesome games out onto store shelves this holiday and i think this is going to help Sony out even more and keep it as the video game king
    >_> You know, if you take all "hardcore"-Sony fans in the world, and put them together. They'd say the SAME EXACT THING you said, except just louder.

-_O Nintendo has never lost its momentum. If you've played their games through all the years, you'd find out: "OMG! It's still the same!"

The only time Nintendo has ever really plunged, was when the Virtua Boy came out, and slightly during the GameCube era.

But as for the Wii.. nah, it's still the same.
    But comparitively? Yeah, Nintendo isn't as high on the spotlight like it was before. But it still has the same respect from everyone else.

Microsoft isn't losing. >_O According to the stats, it's at its highest right now!
    Will it plummet? That's up to Microsoft. .. and fans.

It's not buying titles left and right, these games are practically GIVING themselves to Microsoft. Big difference.

And it doesn't take 10 years for another game console to come out... >_> Less than that. I don't know the average time, but it's definitely less than 10 years.

Playstation does have an okay line-up for the holidays, but they don't have a LARGE amount of it to actually make a difference on their part. The only thing that'll actually really help them is people buying the system, which will be more possible this Christmas.

<_< Playstation is just the game king cuz it says it is, then the bandwagon fans all agree... just because it was new. -_- *sigh*

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazawa View Post
    Daniel219 I'm sorry I didn't mean to make it sound like that I should have posted that differently.
    Hey, it's cool. Neither of us screwed up. It's just I spotted games for even more than I first thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    ok.....after my long break...which means my keayboard broke.....and watching TV ive decided that ill get an Xbox Three-Sixty {if you wonder why i spelled it out, for some reason the numbwers on my new kayboard dont work...} for a couple resons...

its cheaper, and the price is said to drop more. also some of Sony's thunder was stolen- now Gundam Musao {er... dynasty warriors gundam in the us} will be on it now too, as well as Assasin's creed. plus heavy hitters like the inevetible gears of war deuce and halo three.
    I've talked to one of the staff at a games store yesterday, & they've confirmed their doing a Xbox 360/Halo 3 special package. It's currently listed as selling for AUS$10,000, but that's so people can pre-order it without fixing the price until they can be certain.

Personally, the RPG I remember the Xbox for is Star Wars; Knights Of The Old Republic (KOTOR). I normally play FPS-ers & other action types, But I rather enjoyed KOTOR. I even beat the final confrontation without the aid of that life draining force power. I can't remember what it's called, but he uses it every time he gets beaten up too much against the people he has locked in pods, so you either have to either get & use it yourself against them, or use every med pack & stimulant you've been saving until them (force heal is a godsent in that game...).

All the consoles have their good points, & I wouldn't say any of their companies will disappear any time soon, but it does look to me like the PS3 has the least going for it. The Xbox 360 already has it's online connectability up & running, heck they've had it going since the origonal Xbox, it allows up to 4 people to join in at once without extra gadgets, plus a huge range of games already out & coming out, including 1 that allows you to play against computer version players apparently. The Wii (still wierd name...) has it's unique control methods, up to 4 players again, plus it's got a rather origonal line up of games, most taking full advantage of it's unique controls. The PS3 has Blue ray, which is still battling to be THE next generation, a smaller range of games as far as I can tell (it always has the smallest section of shelves from what I've seen), and now they're expanding the hard drive again apparently, even though you can just remove & replace the hard drive in the 360. Sorry Sony fanboys, but that doesn't score that high for me. It needs to earn more points in my books before I'd consider throwing my limited funds at a new one.

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Newbie Truth may be famous one day Truth may be famous one day Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

The PS3 has done much better then I expected...but it still simply cannot contest with the 360s line-up of games.

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

your right sony gonna lose if sony fights for years since new genrations of consols are coming out every two or three years sony isnt gonna last the only thing sony has for them is the fact they had alot of ps2 buyers and now there turning to microsoft due to multiplayer. Sony really hasnt brought anything new to that deparment yet. nintendo has at least with wifi and nintedo trying to make every thing wireless and they have that working with them.micosoft is always upgrading there xbox live and the halo3 beta logged more hours online than sony and nintendo has in history and thats put together with every thing you download and buy with just achivement points and points you can buy stores theres a endless possibilties to what they can do. nintendo just started with there wii points which let you buy games online. I havent seen sony do anything like that
    Last edited by halo3master; Jul 18, 2007 at 08:23 PM. Reason: grammer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast