+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: New console wars

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: New console wars

i think Sony's major mistakes where;
    1:not thinking they needed a lot of good launch titles that where exclusives
    2:not putting a 2nd analong stick on the PSP
    3:not selling the cheapest PS3 [the one that came out for 4.99] now for 3.99
    4:underestimating the 360

if they could fix some of these problems, Sony would lead again i think.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: New console wars

I think sixaxis hurt the PS3, I want rumble dang it.

Anyway, I got my GI in the mail the other day and it said in the loose talk section that Sony is thinking about releasing a 40 gig PS3 without backwards compatability for 399.99. Sony's driving me insane with all these differnet models. 20, 40, 60, 80 couldn't they have just released a 40 gig system at 450 with backwards compatibility, if that wouldn't had happened it wouldn't look like they are scrambling so right now to sell anything with the PS3 logo.

So just to keep track of it all:

PS3 20 gig system, you maybe able to find one or two out there somewhere that no one has bought yet but after those no more 20 gig for you.

Ps3 40 gig, possibly just a rumor however sony has released ever other version minus plus 20 gigs so its bound to happen.

PS3 60 gig recently price dropped down to 499.99, however Sony is looking to phase it out for the new model which comes out in August.

PS3 80 gig brand spanking new and at the old price point 599.99. I have to wonder if this will be two months old before Sony releases the 100 gig system?
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Newbie InitialDAE86 is off to a good start InitialDAE86's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking X-Box 360 vs PS3 vs Wii

Hey i just wanted to put this question out here...because i am thinking of buying one of these systems, but my question is which one do you think is the best out of all to purchase for graphics & enjoyment, and why would this be the best? If you dislike a system tell why you hate it.

One Piece Crew.
    -InitialDAE86

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: X-Box 360 vs PS3 vs Wii

Quote Originally Posted by InitialDAE86 View Post
    Hey i just wanted to put this question out here...because i am thinking of buying one of these systems, but my question is which one do you think is the best out of all to purchase for graphics & enjoyment, and why would this be the best? If you dislike a system tell why you hate it.
    either one excpet the the ps3 its not all that great to me and now it barly has games it to its name and now it doesnt even make its own games microsoft makes games and you know nintendo does.the wii has the controller, ds ,and wifi on its side. with you being able to play games off your wii onto your ds like the download station and the fact you download classic games onto the wii and keep them is big help factor. The 360 is huge right now with so much anticpation on halo 3 and now gears of war 2. plus adding onto it devil may cry{sorry i cant spell}3 or four{i dont keep up with this game} coming to the 360 soon the ps3 is nothing special since it lost that. another add if final fantasy they annoced that they will have the next one on the the 360.xbox is great no excellent with muiltiplayer there no cheating on any game ur going to matched up with someone of level unless you want to agaisnt a master u can choose. there points you can spend that u buy from a store or your achivment points and buy like new backgrounds arcade games and on some occasions a full game music and even videos. i have all three my self and was thinking about sellling my ps3 it just bring enough to me manly to the muiltiplayer department it lacks way to much
    Last edited by halo3master; Jul 19, 2007 at 08:30 PM. Reason: grammer

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by InitialDAE86 View Post
    Well, in all honest, non-biased opinion it really matters on what you want; not what system is supposedly "best". If you want simple, decent enjoyment now that has its fingers in all things next gen I would go with the 360. It has a decent line up of games, good graphics and is very simple to use coupled with a superior online service compared to the PS3.

If you're willing to wait for better games (which inevitabley will come) and graphics than the 360, have the money to actually support this lust for technological superiority over the other systems and the understanding of the technologies the PS3 takes advantage of (which you will need to get all there is out of the untapped gold mine that is the PS3) then that is the best option for you.

However if you're looking for something more exotic and different than a simple, amped up clone of previous systems then the Wii is your best option. Though it doesn't have the best graphics like the PS3 or the impressive online service of the 360 it is different, innovative and will provide you nonetheless with some good fun.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; Jul 20, 2007 at 12:29 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Since I work at Second hand store (Cash Converters, if you guys have heard of it), I've had the chance to actually play all three systems in full HD (1080p with HDMi cables) on a 42 inch plasma television.

In terms of Graphics: The Playstation 3 takes it. I played F.E.A.R. on both the 360 and the PS3, and the Graphics were crisp and clear on the PS3, while the 360, while close, didn't mach up. As for the Wii's graphics. In a contest where 1st 2nd and 3rd place prizes are given, I'd give it 4th place. The system is about as powerful as a PS2.

In terms of Game-play, I'd give it to the 360. Yes, the Wii has some fun games that take advantage of its poor excuse of an "Innovative" control system, but the 360 has been out longer and has a larger selection.

Which one will I buy? The Playstation 3. What can I say, I'm a Final Fantasy fan, and the new FF games will come out on the PS3 first before anything else.

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

For me I had this same dilemma... I had chose the Wii only because I am a big Zelda fan, but after I had beat the game I kind of wish I would of got the Ps3, but at the time I was like I didn't want to pay that much & it didn't have that many games (still don't, but it will) the Ps3 will eventually have plenty of top notch game sellers on it's list... For me right now is Ninja Gaiden Sigma... I think 360 will have it too... The 360 is known for it's top sellers like Halo & some others, but every systems has their top sellers... Like the Wii with Super Smash Bros.... I think if you are into plenty of the sports choose either a 360/Ps3 or just a graphic type game player... For me it is a Ps3, but if you are just wanting a more interaction w/ game playing cause of the Wii remote then choose the Wii... But in the end it is whatever your heart/mind tells you or wallet... For me though I am getting all three just so I can play all those top game sellers for each system...

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i think the Wii has the potential to really become a next gen system, but their current games don't fully show its capability and the same goes with the other systems [except maybe the 360]...

i think in a years time, the systems would have had a chance to really grow into themselves and it would be more accurate to judge...

but as for my line up... Wii first for innovation, 360s first on balance and Halo 3, and the PS3 is first in grafix and grouchy fans...

hee hee~! let's have some fun guys~!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast