+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: New console wars

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: X-Box 360 vs PS3 vs Wii

*sigh*
    -_-;;

I know I'm going to say what some of you have said already, but I'll put it in a way that's more neutral.

Hear me out, even those who have already posted. I'm sure in some way, you'll agree with me.

Okay, let me put it this way...

(You'll notice that each system's descriptions will get larger)
    PS3: Starting stages... awesome graphics, the gameplay is a bit meh for now... it'll build up once the top games start busting out. It has a lot of power and a lot of capability, and its capability is easy to handle as well. Companies maybe iffy about it at first, but they'll find this as an amazing playground, but they have to be great, or all that money goes down the drain. Don't expect anything yet. But wait and you shall reap the rewards.

Xbox 360: Due to their head start, and their practical experimentation with Xbox, this system has A LOT of games out there and ready to be played. Its graphics aren't as great as the PS3, but it's still top of the line. 2nd place for graphics. The gameplay is pretty fun as well, but it still would remind an old PC-user, that it's still Microsoft, and they're still used to making computer games... and it SHOWS. As you can see, most of the games in the Xbox feel like good ol' PC games. But give them time, they're still trying to get used to this. This system will be the most balanced of all the systems. It's not as exaggerated as the PS3 or the Wii. If you want a SAFE buy (aka, a system that's an all-around jack-of-all-trades, but doesn't specialize in one thing over the other), get the Xbox 360.

Wii: Don't let haters to bring you down about this system. Though the PS3 has been taking most of the blows lately, the Wii will definitely stay as people's "hated system" once the PS3 skyrockets. Their "innovative" control system is like bringing a high-tech arcade into your very home... be warned: This is NOT a gamer's console. Though it can be loved and played by gamers, this isn't a system that makes a gamer a gamer. I'll tell you why in a second. This system barely has games out for it. Do you know why? Do you know how risky it must be to be placed on this system? With these outrageously strange controls, nobody with half a mind would be confident in putting their game in this system! It's the ultimate gamble for game producers, but if it's good: Jackpot. Like most Nintendo systems, this is what'll make your family and friends join you in gaming competitions. In other words: This is what gets them into your house. Your friends will have PS3s and Xbox 360s, but whenever you mention "Super Smash Bros: Brawl" or any other wildly fun multiplayer action game: Your friends will come over to YOUR house to play it. But why is it that the Wii is not a gamer's system? ...the Wii's control system aside, the reason why the Wii is not the gamer's system is because: Most people will use a Wii for other things than playing games. Anything from the weather channel, to the news channel, to making Miis, to Mii parades, to playing oldschool games, to etc etc! You will find that this system is more like a media center than it is a gamer system! ...don't expect Next-gen masterpieces with this, though.... if you want to get a next-gen system, get a PS3 or Xbox 360... but if you're a loyal fan of Nintendo, a family person, or a person who likes to do small things: The Wii is for you.

In my opinion?
    Get the Xbox 360 or the PS3... but, I recommend you get a Wii as WITH one of them.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that the Wii will affect Nintendo like the Saturn and Dreamcast did for Sega, maybe not the extent that they'll stop making consoles (Nintendo are and will be for quite a long time, the kings of the hand held market), but they took a big risk with their control system. If their smart, they'll release a standard gamepad for future Wii games so they can appeal to a broader audience, otherwise, they're going to loose money.

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

The best system must be the Ps3, No 1 because i have one and they rule with such good graphics and are perfect if you hav ehte money of course if you don't want to spend that much i'd buy the WII because i have one of those too there so cool but i don't like 360's cos there just a replicar of the ps3 but worse

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Re: New console wars

It's starting to sound to me like they're trying to fix the problem by making it worse! Don't they know confused customers go elsewhere...

The PS 1 2 or 3 have never been an option for me, mainly cause they've never had enough games that appeal to me. Sure, they've got a few kick ass games like Metal Gear Solid & God of War I hear, but nothing to really pull me in. And before some Sony fanboy starts screaming at me, I've played all the consoles that have come out, including the PS family, And it was the original Xbox that earned the title of "My first Console I Brought" for the same reasons I still use it today, amongst others. I love being able to stick a CD in, copy to the memory, & play it anytime, or save games onto the console, without any need for an external memory devise. I also play some of the games every now & again, having both Halo games available to it, Star Wars; KOTOR, Burnout 3; Takedown (SO much fun trashing the compation literally!) & more.

Apparently the PS3 can do that too, but there's not much else to send what money I do have their way. The Xbox 360 is the front runner in my books, with titles like Halo 3 coming out, Gears Of War already there & waiting, online running smooth, & so much more. The Nintendo Wii (STILL a weird name) is coming 2nd, with it's revolutionary control methods, a few titles that catch my eye, & a few other things again. The PS3, well, for me, it's a rabbit Vs rabbit Vs turtle race, & the Xbox 360 & Wii rabbits aren't sleeping, unfortunately for the PS3 turtle.
    The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Dev View Post
    The best system must be the Ps3, No 1 because i have one and they rule with such good graphics and are perfect if you hav ehte money of course if you don't want to spend that much i'd buy the WII because i have one of those too there so cool but i don't like 360's cos there just a replicar of the ps3 but worse
    how are ther a replicar if the 360 came out first its sooo the other way around and now the ps3 has one flag ship left that rachet and clank game i think since final fantasy comeing to the 360 and devil may cry 5. Alot people said for a shooter they would buy the 360 due its xbox live
    fun. even though it does the three red cirlce of death for microsoft is paying every penny of it shipping included and now u dont even have to buy the extended warranty for since they promised to extend the warranty from one year to three years all for free. If you have alot of people in your house that play games go with wii for sure mario party 8 ans super smash bro brawls are selling left and right of shelves those are great games for muiltiplayer

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

the 360 does seem like the console for online gaming at the moment. and lets not forget Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for the PS3. that looks good too.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by halo3master View Post
    i think since final fantasy comeing to the 360
    Hate to burst your bubble, but the only Final Fantasy Game that's coming to the 360 is a port of Final Fantasy XI, which is a pay to play MMO. Final Fantasy XIII and others will not be coming to the 360, read for your self, posted on IGN in june 2007

IGN: No Final Fantasy For Xbox 360

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

ouch, Shot Down...

but its still the fact of the matter [and i remind you, am a Sony fan] that the 360 got most of the PS3's exclusives, or microsoft payed the developer a little extra to include exclusive content for the 360 version of mulit-platform games. this is a bump, [becoming a hurdle] that Sony overlooked or ignored.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast