Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 48

Thread: The new Harry Potter book

  1. #17
    Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Under The Sea, Florida
    Posts
    1,533
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: The new Harry Potter book

    I don't like the movies that much. I would rather read the book then see the movie. I mean they don't even show everything. In the 4th movie alone they cut out more then half the book. Especially the best parts.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™


    Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

  2. #18
    Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    792
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: The new Harry Potter book

    Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    I don't like the movies that much. I would rather read the book then see the movie. I mean they don't even show everything. In the 4th movie alone they cut out more then half the book. Especially the best parts.
    yea well... i guess you cant blame them, then the movie would be too long. so they had to

  3. #19
    Otaku LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Behind you ...........boo ha im a duck
    Posts
    320
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: The new Harry Potter book

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Da Ish View Post
    lol i just wait until no ones in line and they made more. they ussually sell it at wholesales like one week later and its cheeper too
    right theres no sense waiting for hours when you can just get it l8ter and cheaper
    Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon


  4. #20
    Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Under The Sea, Florida
    Posts
    1,533
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: The new Harry Potter book

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Da Ish View Post
    yea well... i guess you cant blame them, then the movie would be too long. so they had to
    Yeah but then why cut out the best parts and put in the boring ones you know. I mean I know not all of them are boring but it could be even more things that would enterest people.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™


    Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

  5. #21
    Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Malvern,AR
    Posts
    1,068
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Post Re: The new Harry Potter book

    Quote Originally Posted by LostbutFound View Post
    right theres no sense waiting for hours when you can just get it l8ter and cheaper
    That is true some people just go crazy spending $40 on the book in line. Then a few weeks later it $18.00.

  6. #22
    Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Posts
    2,027
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 42 Times in 36 Posts

    Re: The new Harry Potter book

    As a Harry Potter fan, who isn't really much of geek. I have read all the books and each time I read them i get caught up and i get moaned at for not putting the book down. Its a rare thing for me to actually be reading a book so its not all the time i am reading. I have read all the books so far and I have even read the third book twice so i can see what they edited or left out in the movie (just to refresh my memory).

    As far as the movies go, i don't like it how they altered so much compared to the first movie. For me it broke up the portrayal of hat Hogwarts is meant to look like. It confused me as to why they changed it so much.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

  7. #23
    Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Under The Sea, Florida
    Posts
    1,533
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: The new Harry Potter book

    Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ View Post
    As a Harry Potter fan, who isn't really much of geek. I have read all the books and each time I read them i get caught up and i get moaned at for not putting the book down. Its a rare thing for me to actually be reading a book so its not all the time i am reading. I have read all the books so far and I have even read the third book twice so i can see what they edited or left out in the movie (just to refresh my memory).

    As far as the movies go, i don't like it how they altered so much compared to the first movie. For me it broke up the portrayal of hat Hogwarts is meant to look like. It confused me as to why they changed it so much.
    I agree and this is why I would rather read the book because you can see for yourself what yout think it looks like but when a movie comes out they totally mess up you whole perspecitve of it.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™


    Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

  8. #24
    Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    792
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: The new Harry Potter book

    Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post


    I agree and this is why I would rather read the book because you can see for yourself what yout think it looks like but when a movie comes out they totally mess up you whole perspecitve of it.
    ok so you think i shoudl read teh first, second, and third book instead of relyikng on the movie?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. harry potter
    By sucks2bu in forum Sensory Pleasures
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: Oct 27, 2006, 11:16 AM
  2. Harry potter
    By kenchi18 in forum Sensory Pleasures
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: Aug 21, 2006, 09:12 AM
  3. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    By black_rose in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: Dec 14, 2005, 07:00 AM
  4. Harry Potter!!!
    By Humanoid typhoon in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 18, 2005, 11:39 AM
  5. harry potter
    By fantasygirl_lai in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jul 27, 2005, 05:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts