+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new street fighter movie: legend of chun li

Otaku Jewel of Atlantis Champion, Project 156 Champion, Suna Sudoku Champion, Virus 3 Hex Options Champion kaki tori kaizoku is off to a good start kaki tori kaizoku's Avatar
    Thanks

new street fighter movie: legend of chun li

there's a new street fighter's movie (legend of chun li) coming out in awhile. The story follows Chun Li's personal history and her journey for justice.this is a live action movie and its not animated,and we all know how other live actions movies of the franchised turned out. neither ryu or ken will appear in it.The film is scheduled for release in February 27, 2009.

the casting so far are:
    * Kristin Kreuk as Chun-Li (the girl from SMALLVILLE)
    * Neal McDonough as M. Bison
    * Chris Klein as Charlie Nash
    * Michael Clarke Duncan as Balrog
    * Taboo as Vega
    * Robin Shou as Gen
    * Moon Bloodgood as Detective Maya Sunee
    * Edmund Chen as Huang, Chun-Li's father
    * Josie Ho as Cantana

do you guys think this movie will be a bust or a huge success and do you think its worth watching?

My Youtube My Deviant
    Goal: 363/500 posts to elite member

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: new street fighter movie: legend of chun li

ugh, its hard to think of street without either of the main characters

taboo as vega? He's supposed to be the Handsome Spainaird fighter, where do you get the dude from the Black Eyed peas?
    so its going to have Bison, Vega, Balrog, but not Ken or Ryu? Why not remake Street fighter, then do a movie about Chun Li? (like Wolerine: Orgins). i'll see it, but i don't expect much..

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    ugh, its hard to think of street without either of the main characters

taboo as vega? He's supposed to be the Handsome Spainaird fighter, where do you get the dude from the Black Eyed peas?
    so its going to have Bison, Vega, Balrog, but not Ken or Ryu? Why not remake Street fighter, then do a movie about Chun Li? (like Wolerine: Orgins). i'll see it, but i don't expect much..
    The fact that Street Fighter won;t be remade is because it was a huge flop anyway. I think they cast Jean Claude Van Dame as Guile. But in all seriousness, I'll see this movie because Chun Li is my favorite character. Therefore, though my expectations are low, I'll go see it.
    Why hello there!

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

It's hard to think of Kristin Kreuk as Chun Li. Even though she may look asian if you squint hard enough, I just can't see it. Isn't there plenty of female, asian martial artists that would be better suited for this role instead?

Also, isn't that taboo guy a bit tall for vega? I know vega wasn't short, but he wasn't really that tall either.

*shrug* I really don't know what to think, now. I guess I'll wait and see how the movie looks.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

1. i saw a trailer in theaters. vega is sooo disappointing.
    2. the first one had Guile, now Chun Li. i like Chun li and all, but i would really like to see a movie w/ Ken and Ryu.
    and what about Zhang Ziyi as Chun Li? or the woman who played Death scythe in X2?

Otaku Wheel 2 Spin Champion, Bejeweled Champion, Aqua blocks Champion, CrashDown Champion Blue Wolf is off to a good start Blue Wolf's Avatar
    Thanks

Haven't seen any Street Fighter movie, and don't plan to see this one, but I wish it'd look a little more promising for those who do watch Street Fighter movies so they can enjoy it, but it looks like this is shaping up to be another disappointment... :/

RPG Character: MetalGarurumon. Level: 86.

+ Reply to Thread