+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The New Super Smash Bros. Brawl Topic

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The New Super Smash Bros. Brawl Topic

I remember when it was on the 64... Me & my friend played it in the wii hours of the night... Now I can play it on Wii in the wii hours of the night lol ^_^ ... My favorite character was Link... I don't know if I can play it constantly though now that I have more responsibilities...

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is already looking like it's going to be better than Melee. Which actually suprised me seeing how incredible Melee is.

Personally, I think the whole trying to add a plot to a mass cross-over game is stupid, I mean come on, "Subspace Emissary?" A little lame. The idea of more bosses is nice though, but shadow, I seriously doubt Ridley will be a playable character. My guess, he'll be an adventure boss, much like Petey Pirhana. At worst an assist trophy. I'm liking the line-up so far, but I think my favorite newcomer they've annouced so far is Pokemon Trainer. Ever since SSB, I always tried to wonder how they could work in a character like Ash, and what do they do? Practically throw him in there, I can't wait to use Charizard.

At this point, I'm also somewhat skeptical at the appearance of young(cel-shade) Link. I think the contrasting art styles might be a bit too much, even for brawl. Some characters I'd definately like to see in brawl: Megaman, Issac(Golden Sun), Sonic(at least, Tails, Knuckles and Shadow would be cool additions as well), King K. Rool, and Star Wolf. Star Wolf is simply too badass not to be included in Brawl, also considering Brawl needs to up the number of "bad guys," from nintendo's franchises.

Otaku Nodes Champion, Flames of Fury Champion shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz's Avatar
    the sign says "in a black hole". Is that even possible?!?!
    Thanks

Speaking of the Pokemon Trainer, His Moves have finally been announced on the website.

Has Megaman ever even been on a Nintendo system? With the exception of Snake, there's only going to be one more character, if that, that would be an off system character. I'd love for Sonic and Shadow to be on it. their final smashes could be super form. Or maybe they might be like the teams in Sonic Heroes if they did it. Sonic-Tails-Knuckles, or Sonic-Shadow-Silver. . . btw, the lineup for PT will be like that, down+B activates the switch and the switch out is Squirtle-Ivysaur-Charizard.

Edit: New update: This update reveals that Pit, Meta Knight, and the Pokemon Trainer's Charizard can glide after thier second jump. Which will be very beneficial.
    Last edited by shadowrulz; Aug 30, 2007 at 08:49 AM.

A big thanks to Renn for the sig! THANK YOU!

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

They will be similar to peach or are they going to go downwards as well. that was a pain when peach is going to die and you can't get her to stay off.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadowrulz View Post
    Has Megaman ever even been on a Nintendo system?
    Ha! Is that is serious question? Where did you think he began? NES, man.

Yeah, trainer is going to be the shit. But having a sonic "team," would suck. I'd rather use just Sonic or just Knuckles. Shadow'd be good too, except he'd probably just be a Sonic clone in the end. Plus that'd leave room for Robotnik being a boss in adventure mode.

Newbie Pentdragon is off to a good start
    Thanks

They will NOT be adding any other characters other than lords. . . Roy and Marth may be coming back though.
    Roy's definitely not coming back, Sakura didn't want him to appear in Melee, but was pressure to put him in as a promo for his upcoming, game, Ike was far more popular and internationally released, he is Roy's replacement (HE HAS HIS neural-B ATTACK!)

Oh you can get all the characters that they put in the game. All almost 40 of them. . .

Roy is actually not that good. . . There are tier lists that have him in mid tier and Marth in High tier.
    The most comonly accepted tier list has him in low tier actually, Marth owns Roy, anyone who's even approached competitive play should know that.

Out of Marth, Roy, and Ike. . . IKE. Especially with his Ragnell. That never breaks and is uberly powerful. His attacks in Brawl are similar to Roy's but stronger, faster, and let's face it, cooler. Aether is up+b!!!!
    Actually Marth is top tier due to his speed reach and huge grab range, Aether looks a heck of a lot slower then Dolphin slash too, though perhaps easier to sweetspot.

I don't know but in their place, will be Ridley (Samus's archenemy), Cel-Shaded Link, and Bowser Jr.
    I'm afraid that was a fake. There is no such radio interview, sorry. Though they're all very possible characters. Go to any major smash forum and they'l tell you as much. Trust me melee is my game, I go to weekly Smash nights at my local game store, I go to competitive money tournaments, so I play it a heck of a lot (I have a huge digital clock in my room counting down the time until Brawl's release down to the millisecond.)

The online system might actually go live with SSBB. I remember seeing an article somewhere that said that the Wii was already online in Japan. Also, the Gamecube could also have online gameplay. I learned that via Kirby Air Ride. Which has a LAN selection that brings you to a screen that not only connects to the internet, but sets up battles and races with others that are online. I unfortunately never found anyone online. . .
    The Wii has been online world round since June sine Pokemon battle Revolution, and another online title was released this month, Mario Strikers: Charged, so Online is a possibility, but since it wasn't mentioned in the E3 online discussion, it's looking rather scary right now (let's hope they were saving the suprise for TGS or a website update)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    Personally, I think the whole trying to add a plot to a mass cross-over game is stupid, I mean come on, "Subspace Emissary?" A little lame. The idea of more bosses is nice though, but shadow, I seriously doubt Ridley will be a playable character. My guess, he'll be an adventure boss, much like Petey Pirhana. At worst an assist trophy.
    Ridley is actually perfectly possible, why couldn't he be in, Metroid has had terrible representation in smash in comparison to it's sales and popularity, look at the Mario series' ridiculous character selection, and Samus is all by herself.
    if you think ridley's prime appearance is too big, you're right, (Did you see Bowser in Sunshine, he was the size of a small mountain...) but his retro size could work, as you can see in this pic I whipped up:

At this point, I'm also somewhat skeptical at the appearance of young(cel-shade) Link. I think the contrasting art styles might be a bit too much, even for brawl. Some characters I'd definately like to see in brawl: Megaman, Issac(Golden Sun), Sonic(at least, Tails, Knuckles and Shadow would be cool additions as well), King K. Rool, and Star Wolf. Star Wolf is simply too badass not to be included in Brawl, also considering Brawl needs to up the number of "bad guys," from nintendo's franchises.
    A lot of points in there, but to touch on them quickly:
    I'm have my doubts as to WW Link too (they have done a good job of maintaining a uniform style so far)
    Megaman and Sonic are the only other third party chataracters that have a shot, and just them, no sidekicks.
    K. Rool, will be a boss if anything, Dk has a new addition anyways, he should enjoy it.
    Star Wolf is a touch generic for me, it takes more then a cybernetic eye to get your way into Brawl, Krystal has a far better shot at a Brawl spot, She's been a ver ysignificant character as of late.

Has Megaman ever even been on a Nintendo system? With the exception of Snake, there's only going to be one more character, if that, that would be an off system character. I'd love for Sonic and Shadow to be on it. their final smashes could be super form. Or maybe they might be like the teams in Sonic Heroes if they did it. Sonic-Tails-Knuckles, or Sonic-Shadow-Silver. . . btw, the lineup for PT will be like that, down+B activates the switch and the switch out is Squirtle-Ivysaur-Charizard.
    Multi-characters in smash are always for a reason, Sheik is Zelda, Pokemon trainer is using three different pokemon (they couldn't do just one because all three starters deserve some rep, as much as charaizard fanboys wanted a solo character). There's no reason for a sonic team, because one character is clearly more significant, SONIC.

Yeah, trainer is going to be the shit. But having a sonic "team," would suck. I'd rather use just Sonic or just Knuckles. Shadow'd be good too, except he'd probably just be a Sonic clone in the end. Plus that'd leave room for Robotnik being a boss in adventure mode.
    Robotnik has a good shot in adventure mode, but that depends if unlockable characters will have a role in the adventure mode (they didn't in Melee, except for Luigi, but that was different). Shadow, knuckles and Tails have virtually no shot in brawl, thrid parties will have to household names to get in, thus my Sonic, Snake & Megaman prediction. Putting in Minor characters dillutes Brawl as what it is first and foremost: Nintendo showing off.

[/rant]

Thanks

@Pentdragon

I forgot about Krystal from Starfox; now that you mention it, she does seem far more plausible, considering Brawl needs to beef up its female selection as well.

I still disagree with you on the Ridley thing though, Bowser a very adaptable character size wise(Mariokart, anyone?), but I think Ridley's average size in Metroid games still counts him out for being playable. Not to mention his wings, it's bad enough Pit and metaknight have wings; though it will undoubtibly add an element of strategy to the game. Perhaps if Ridley was about as big as Charizard it is a slight possibility, but I think that would almost be a downgrade to Ridley; I'd rather have him a boss.

I do agree with the whole lack of Metroid characters thing, which is why in the back of my mind I'm hoping nintendo will throw in one of the bounty hunters from Metroid Prime: Hunters. Or even something as bland as Dark Samus.

Newbie Pentdragon is off to a good start
    Thanks

Rundus from MP:Corruption = teh sweetness, but metroid has plenty of bosses to choose from, and Ridley is to Metroid what Ganondorf is to Loz, or Bowser to Mario, and they're both in... He could be about Charizard's size in my eyes and still work.
    Last edited by Pentdragon; Sep 02, 2007 at 05:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast