+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "The New" X-Play

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

"The New" X-Play

hmmmmmmm......
    i dont know how many people here watch the show, but on G4 there is a show called X-Play. a show thaty has, in my opinion, fallen from glory.

not only did they gat a crappy new opening gig [the former two where much better] but they generally mucked up the show all over. now, instead of just offering their "brutally honest" video game reviews, they basically decided to make a chimera of Cheat, Attack of the Show, and the once-great X-play.

i realise that "video games are evolving" [it was their excuse for this screw-up] but that doesnt mean that you have to destroy the show that was probably your station's most watched program. i think that maybe a new logo and a new opening would have been sufficiant.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: "The New" X-Play

I'm not too fond of the show nowadays, either... Nor the occasional use of puppets. No.

I remember watching the show years ago. It was truthful, and there really were just game reviews. But now... I didn't know what to call it until you came up with the phrase, "chimera of Cheat, Attack of the Show, and the once-great X-play."
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

You are right, they did pretty much ruin their best show. I enjoyed just sitting back watching the reviews getting tips on what games I should look into purchasing, but now I get news on the corporations themselves O_o. It is interesting to hear about, but if I want the background history on "Activision" or "Bungie" I will watch AOTS or look it up on the web.
    Personally I have always thought "Cheat" was a bit of a wasteful show anyway. If you need to cheat on a video game there is a plethora of cheat sites on the web to look at.

Newbie WhiteWave14 is off to a good start WhiteWave14's Avatar
    Under your BED! OMNOMNOM *eats your toes*
    Thanks

I stopped watching that show when the 2nd opening and all the new stuff happened and they just changed it again?! jeevas... It hasn't been long since they did the second opening, probably about... 2 years at the most? It was still new o-o; they might as well get the money that they paid for all the new stuff and just set it on fire.

I remember just sitting down and relaxing and taking little notes on what game to rent, but then it went down hill, they're trying to hard.

I haven't watched it in a long while, but I think I'll watch an episode to see how it goes.
    Live for Today, Wait for Tomorrow,
    and think about Yesterday.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abby724 View Post
    But now... I didn't know what to call it until you came up with the phrase, "chimera of Cheat, Attack of the Show, and the once-great X-play."
    thanx, i thought that was a good one^-^

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu View Post
    Personally I have always thought "Cheat" was a bit of a wasteful show anyway. If you need to cheat on a video game there is a plethora of cheat sites on the web to look at.
    a good point here. maybe they did this so they could just get rid of cheat and take Kristan Holt off their payroll...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWave14 View Post
    I remember just sitting down and relaxing and taking little notes on what game to rent, but then it went down hill, they're trying to hard.
    indeed. they kept me from buying a multitude of games that would have screwed me over, but now it is G4 that is doing the screwing....

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Otaku Dragon Dash Champion, Gems Hexic Revisited Champion, Infex Champion mori-oni may be famous one day mori-oni may be famous one day mori-oni's Avatar
    Thanks

The reson why G4 is now screwing up the show, not to they did it on their own. G4 is a sponsor based channel now and it is now reflecting on their shows, before they took over it was good and I liked exctended play instead of xplay cause they really were truthful about the game they reveiwed and had nothing to worry about, but now they do and it's just went down and still is. why do they do this?
    the power of a small program making cool stuff. Viva La Flash and MS Paints

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I don't really watch it anymore. As a matter of fact I rarely touch x-play. I was all about TechTv (i think?) before the name was changed to G4. I use to watch all those streaming videos they have like hacking the Mac Mini, or messing with desktop icons. The channel G4 is still cool, with many shows I love to watch. But like "cheat" "xplay" those are just crap now. They thing that by putting a few ladies who are considered "hot" would make up for the bad presentation.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

I really used to like Techtv before it was called G4.Once they change the shows were good for a while.But the soon started to suck and i started to lose interest.Manly X-play, i used to watch that just see what was good and what sucked.Now a days there is hardly what you call game oriented/tech shows on there now.Just a bunch of filler shows that i could careless about watching.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast