+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Next Gen Console of Choice

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Next Gen Console of Choice

The Next-gen console war is heating up, with fans more polarized than ever and economists actually predicting the "winner" years in advance. Which is your console of choice and why? Regaurdless of your personal choice, in 5 years, which system do you think will be dominant?

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Next Gen Console of Choice

I think the Wii will end up being the top next-gen console.

It took the boundaries off gaming. It also made physically interacting with the game much more than some cheap gimmick.

If more high-profile games start coming out and their internet is VASTLY expanded, there's no doubt in my mind who'll come out on top.

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd have to go withe Wii also. It does add a very new twist to the game, which is really nice. The graphics are pretty...."unique" in their own sense but no matter what, it's still enjoyable, even if the games aren't the greatest. Although the games are still good.

In five Years time...I'd have to go with the 360. The graphics for it are superb and the games are just as good.

Unless The price drops a bit, The PS3 isn't going much of anywhere.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

I've still not taken the step into the next generation. I guess I'm a Sony backer, but they've been pissing me off as of late with all these different gig system versions of the PS3. I glanced over the 360, it seems pretty solid if they could just get the red ring of death figured out. For the Wii, I wanted one when I first saw it, and I am so glad that they never had them in stock for me to buy. The Wii will open the market to people who hadn't ever played video games before, but its crapping on the hardcore crowd.

If it weren't for pulling in new people to the world of gaming it would already be on its way to dead. I still hear stories that Nintendo can't get development systems to third party companies to make different games other than Mario's, Metroid's, and Zelda's. Their already repeating what happened with the cube, by only putting out there known for titles as launch titles. Unless there is some kind of spin off or the life of the Wii is 10 years or longer, those will be the only Mario/zelda/Metroid games for the system.

In five years, I think the 360 will be on top. They've got to much of a foothold at the moment, and more and more titles are losing there Sony exclusiveness.
    I'll still put my support behind sony though, they have Jak and Daxter. I LUV J&D. If I have the cash after the PS3 purchase I'll look at the 360.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

In my opinion I think the Wii will come out on top. Although the system isn't as innovative as everyone thinks it is (motion sensing isn't anything new), what it brings to the table compared to the other systems gives players the oppurtunity to have a refreshing gameplay experience from everything else which has followed practically the same hardware guidlines from generations past.

In example, I found this to be partcluarly true for myself. After selling my 360 (reasons to come) I was looking for a handheld to quench my gaming thirst. I reviewed both the PSP and DS very thoroughly before making my choice, the DS. Almost entirely for the reason that it offered a new and innovative way to play video games.

But still, the 360 is a very solid system, in my opinion the Wii's greatest threat. However I'm starting to see a trend (and so are a lot of other people) of games becoming released 2/3 of the way finished with the promise that everything else will become available for download via their online service later on; but of course even though you payed full price for an unfinished game they don't release this content for free under the command of M$. Some examples are Gears of War, Bullet Witch etc. M$ is also starting to abuse their micro transaction ability through Xbox Live, as in things that should be free (like gamer pics) consequently aren't and things that agreeably shouldn't be free in the first place are overpriced; and it's starting to annoy lots of people. The Xbox 360 has already lost fans because of this and if M$ continues on this trend of abuse I can see it's popularity dropping giving the Wii a boost.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Otaku Chaos105 may be famous one day Chaos105 may be famous one day Chaos105's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the Wii will come out on top. Though many people do not think that they are doing anything right now, if you haven't heard from E3, they're just getting started.

As ILikeApples said, they took the boundaries off of gaming. Much more interactive. And if you look at their upcoming lineup, I think that's going to be great.

Though, I do think that Xbox will be up their also. Graphics and games are amazing and the online play is just a winner. But will it keep up with the Wii's expectations? We'll find out.

They say, "I will die for my country." I never hear them say, "I will kill for my country."

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I'm actually pulled between the 360 and the Wii. Normally I'm pro-nintendo all the way, but many of the games they've got for the 360 are quite fun, especially on Xbox live. My friend and I very much enjoyed Gears of War, and look forward to Halo, but shooters aren't the only things. Assassin's Creed is a title I've been itching to get my hands on as well. Wii I want for zelda and mario but above all the next Super Smash Bros. Brawl. In my opinion, the only reason to ever get a wii is to have the intention of owning SSBB.

I haven't played PS3 a ton, mostly because no one I know has it, but my guess, five years from now, it may come up from its currently slow state and win the "war." I still have hope for the PS3.

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

every1 is going to call me a hipocrite after the arguing we did in 1 of my original threads....but the 360 (in my opinion) has come out on top...........

ASSASSINS CREED......need i say more..........

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast