+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Next Gen Console of Choice

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Next Gen Console of Choice

From an international perspective: the XBOX 360 doesn't stand a chance. It's easier to sell BRICKS for $300 here in Japan than 360s. In spite of all of the exclusives and great pains to secure great Japanese exclusives for the system: Japanese consumers simply will not support a foreign system.

XBOX was an epic failure in Japan.
    X-BOX 360 is barely hanging on thanks to a few great exclusives...

The bricking doesn't help inspire consumer faith either. I would LOVE a 360: since it has the best balance of quality software, moderately reasonable price and system specs... but I don't dare buy one for fear of the hardware failing and the Japanese software support dying entirely a la XBOX.

What use is a game system when no stores in the country you live in will bother carrying the games anymore?

Projections ~ in 1 year

Japan - #1 DS
    #2 Wii
    #3 PSP (PSP has been making a surprise comeback lately and Crisis Core will boost sales like crazy)
    #4 PS3
    #5 X-BOX 360

US - #1 Wii
    #2 X-BOX 360
    #3 DS
    #4 PSP
    #5 PS3

~in 5 years

Japan - #1 DS (or another Nintendo portable)
    #2 PS3
    #3 Wii
    #4 PSP
    #5 X-BOX 360

US - #1 Playstation 3
    #2 X-BOX 360
    #3 Wii
    #4 DS
    #5 PSP

Wii will hold the lead for awhile thanks to it's novelty-value, family-friendliness, nostalgia and price. But in the end, most hardcore gamers will own both a Wii, a portable and one of the two "monster" machines. Given the hardware specs, durability and potential game library: I really think SONY will end up on the top of this one, if only they can survive their own pathetic arrogance and deal with being at the end of the pack for awhile.

Japanese gamers are going to stick with their portables thanks to commute-culture, official school-support, rabid love of nongames and the fact that everyone in the damn country already owns one.
    Your average American spends more time on a couch than a train, so the home systems are going to win out there.
    Last edited by tsurara; Sep 07, 2007 at 11:48 PM.

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless_mage View Post
    every1 is going to call me a hipocrite after the arguing we did in 1 of my original threads....but the 360 (in my opinion) has come out on top...........

ASSASSINS CREED......need i say more..........
    Being a playstation fan since the first one came out,
    I must go with Sony, I mean look at the stats on the console.
    8 processors in one. Called the cell. come on 7 are used for the power and one just for latency. admitted that Xbox and Wii have a foothold already,
    Sony will knock them down Just as easy as they did with the first two consoles.
    btw Heartless_mage, Assassins Creed will be coming to PS3 as well.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

My console of choice is the PS2. Simply because it's the console with the best games ever released up till now. And games are what it's all about.

None of the next (current?) generation consoles have wooed me enough to buy them. None have enough exclusive 'killer app' games at this time.

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Man..this is hard...I've also been a fan of the Playstaion..but i have to Say the Wii,cause they have made lots of game for it and there are more coming and you got to admit some of those games look cool....T.T thats why they stop making Gamecube..>.< and i just bought a gc when that thing was coming out..so no more gc games anymore....

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Me i have bin i diehard playstation fan, but i must say this year i dunno playstation has it much harder.Mostly due to there high price tag IMO if it came down at least 100 $ they would be hard to beat that could be possible with in five years.But they still have yet to come out with good games due to they released the PS3 a year later than the other consoles.

But then again i look at Xbox 360 which is has a reasonable price tag and some great games out already ( due to it came out a year before PS3 ) and the graphics are great for it as well.But i think Xbox 360 is on top is game right now and wont go eny higher it could but i don't think it will this is just my opinion.

And then we have the wii the odd one out of them all.Nintendo went and did some thing no one else has done before which i think is a bit risky on there part but thats just me.The functions of the wii and games that go with it make it a great game to play with others or family as for the graphics there not to bad from what i seen.But lacks games for diehard gamers like my self so it dosen't really appeal to me as a great gaming console.

So what console in five years will be dominant ? if PS3 lowers there damn price tag and get some good games they could be dominant with in five years.I know its a long shot but yet if they do those things they could be dominant.
    Last edited by koga23; Sep 08, 2007 at 01:38 PM.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    What use is a game system when no stores in the country you live in will bother carrying the games anymore?
    If your house or apartment is small enough, they heat up pretty good. You could use it as a really expensive heater. I use my gamecube to crack walnuts. So sytems with no games have uses. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara
    Projections ~ in 1 year

Japan - #1 DS
    #2 Wii
    #3 PSP (PSP has been making a surprise comeback lately and Crisis Core will boost sales like crazy)
    #4 PS3
    #5 X-BOX 360
    Agree.

US - #1 Wii
    #2 X-BOX 360
    #3 DS
    #4 PSP
    #5 PS3
    Switch the #1 and #2, then I agree. Halo 3 and a few other things won't allow Micro to be shaken from the top in just a year.

~in 5 years

Japan - #1 DS (or another Nintendo portable)
    #2 PS3
    #3 Wii
    #4 PSP
    #5 X-BOX 360
    Switch #2 and #3, and I agree. In five years the PS3 MIGHT BE thats a really big MIGHT BE 300 bucks (whats that in yen? ?_?) Thats a chunk of change no matter what country your in.

US - #1 Playstation 3
    #2 X-BOX 360
    #3 Wii
    #4 DS
    #5 PSP
    I want to agree with this, but I still think Microsoft has found the sweet spot in this generations war. As long as the PS3 causes sony to lose 150 bucks with every system sold they'll never take control.

The biggest problem with Sony is that they had nothing for the launch of the PS3, nothing you recognize that say Sony anyway.

In October they'll finally have Ratchet and Clank, almost a year after the launch. Except for the scraps that were ready in time for the launch nothing that was said to be a launch title has come out yet. MGS4 last time I checked it got pushed back to the 3rd month of 08, FF13 says it comes out on the first day of December this year and FF versus13 comes out 30 days after that. Yeah right.

JUST PUT OUT MORE THAN TWO THINGS ALREADY!!!!!
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

My console of choice is the Wii, hands down. The hardware and games are cheaper, the controller is wonderful, and of course, you get the Nintendo exclusives.

To be honest though, my DS is getting more playtime at home than my Wii at the moment. However, in only months I'll have more games to buy than I can realistically afford. Battalion Wars 2, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl, etc...

That being said, ever since hearing the PS3 is region free, I've pondered about getting one somewhere down the line...preferably when the price isn't so high, but still.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2