+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Football

Newbie 59wayz is off to a good start 59wayz's Avatar
    Thanks

NFL Football

I wanted to start up a little topic that could stay of interest for the next 3-4 months. First off, if you are interested in football. Who is your favorite team? Who do you think has the best chance of winning the Super Bowl this year? and Who do you believe are going to be the teams that are going to shock the league this year?

I will start it off...

My favorite team is the Minnesota Vikings. This year I believe they have something to prove to the league. One, They should show that they are a strong team in the NFL, though they have a fresh and almost revamped team this year. I don't think we could make the Super Bowl or even the NFC Championship game. They may have a chance at a wild card berth.

Now my team to watch this year (as far as a surprise team goes) is the Cleveland Browns. With Brady Quinn in the pocket I see the Brown doing something this year. Not exactly winning the super bowl or championship game, but more on the lines of an impressive season.

The team I believe is going to have the best chance at winning the super bowl this year is the San Diego Chargers. Ladanian Tomilson has to be the most impressive and dangerous back in the league. Honestly I believe he is on his way to the Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio. Then they have Philip Rivers, who yes has room for improvement, but he is a pretty decent quarterback. They also have Keenan McCardell who I believe has potential of being one of the better recievers this season. They are slacking on defense, but I think for what they slack on defense they will make up on the board through the offense.

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: NFL Football

Great thread.

I'm a COLTS fan. Bob Sanders will wreck you.
    They've got nothing to prove after last year, but still the media dogs one part of the team or another. I hope that first game against the Saints wasn't a fluke, because the Colts D in that game was a beast.

The teams I would look out for are the Panthers, if they let David Carr start over Delhome(sp?). And the Dolphins now that they have a QB that can play the game.

As for superbowl, I gotta show my loyalty and say Repeat for my team. ^_^

I do want to see what the Chargers can do, I'm not so sure they'll do so hot with a new head coach.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

CHARGERS...........they r taking it hands down..............

nothing is able to stop LT..........and since they revamped there defense.........there is no stopping them..........

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, so there are football fans on this forum...were none of you interested in fantasy football??

As for the biggest shock in football, we already have one. It is called Appalachian State. No NFL team can top that shocker...

@Heartless_mage: Good luck picking the chargers. I am just waiting to see how they will choke this year in the playoffs. They have a revamp defense, too bad, Turner doesn't do defense.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Philadelphia Eagles all the way!!! I am a fan since I started liking/watching football... Yes I know they never won a Super Bowl, but most times we are a good contender in the NFC... McNabb if he can stay healthy (a big IF) & don't put the whole load on Westbrook, maybe we can play for the NFC Championship & make are way to the Bowl & finally win the ship... If not put Kevin Kolb in the game & see what he can do, since we went ahead & drafted him... (Don't get me started on the what Philly did in the draft *sigh* at least let him get experience play, since McNabb is a accident prone... As much as I love Mcnabb it's true)...

I have to go with the Super Bowl champs to go back this year & win it... I don't think Peyton Manning is satisfied with just one ring... I think they also have much to prove still cause people still thinks it was a fluke... Not me though I was on the band wagon cause I thought it was bout' time for them to win one, since my Eagles got put out by the Saints... Thank God the Colts put a whooping' on them this past week...

Who I think is going to shock the league this year is the Redskins (Jason Campbell show potential) &/or the Vikings cause they drafted my boy Adrian Peterson from Oklahoma (that's my favorite NCAA football team)...

Can I say I can't stand the New England Patriots... ^_^

Otaku Tetris Champion, Ms Pacman Champion, Trivial Blitz Champion Mechazawa is off to a good start Mechazawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inuruto View Post
    I have to go with the Super Bowl champs to go back this year & win it... I don't think Peyton Manning is satisfied with just one ring... I think they also have much to prove still cause people still thinks it was a fluke... Not me though I was on the band wagon cause I thought it was bout' time for them to win one, since my Eagles got put out by the Saints... Thank God the Colts put a whooping' on them this past week...

Who I think is going to shock the league this year is the Redskins (Jason Campbell show potential) &/or the Vikings cause they drafted my boy Adrian Peterson from Oklahoma (that's my favorite NCAA football team)...

Can I say I can't stand the New England Patriots... ^_^
    By your last sentence I can tell your good people.

< hater of the Pats, although I like that they messed up and the colts got the best kicker in the game from them.

BTW I also like AP saw him doing some running in the pre-season for the Viks not bad not bad at all.

Yeap the whole off-season every sports-caster said that the colts we're going to be a worse team this season than ever before. From that opening game it looks like they're the best ever.

Did you watch that game? See big Robert Mathis 98 strip the ball from Brees, I love the slow-mo replay of Brees looking at his hand while it was empty.
    I BELONG TO AN ANGEL NOW!

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazawa View Post
    By your last sentence I can tell your good people.

< hater of the Pats, although I like that they messed up and the colts got the best kicker in the game from them.

BTW I also like AP saw him doing some running in the pre-season for the Viks not bad not bad at all.

Yeap the whole off-season every sports-caster said that the colts we're going to be a worse team this season than ever before. From that opening game it looks like they're the best ever.

Did you watch that game? See big Robert Mathis 98 strip the ball from Brees, I love the slow-mo replay of Brees looking at his hand while it was empty.
    O' I see I have a anti-Patriots fan ^_^ ... YES!!! I can't stand them for some reason, maybe cause people over rate them or maybe it is Tom Brady... *From Family Guy* "Hi I am Tom Brady from the New England Patriots"... lol' ^_^ ... Don't get me wrong they are a good competitive team, but that is as far as it go with me...

I am glad that they took Adam Vinatieri from the Patriots, since he was one of the reason Philly lost in Super Bowl XXXIX...

I really didn't get to see AP in the preseason except the highlights... I heard he did pretty good though...

Yea' people thought that the Colts was going to be a push over this season, but I did see the game vs. the Saints & I say it isn't going to be easy if you go up against them... And that was a kodak moment when Brees saw his hands empty... SMILE!!! *Click* lol ^_^

Go Eagles!!! Awww man.... We lost... Better luck next time... And to the Packer too...

Devoted Otaku Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder if Vince Young will get injured, just like the other players that has been on the cover off the madden games

The Madden Cover Jinx

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast