+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nick Simmons accused of plagiarizing manga.

Newbie Sadis is off to a good start Sadis's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Nick Simmons accused of plagiarizing manga.

But even when you're being 'inspired by' someone's work, you still have to use some of your own creativity so as not to plagerize. What Simmons did is just wrong and outright theft. Plagerizing = bad idea, wrong, and lacking in creativity. Inspired by = taking something as a small guide and making it your own idea, creative, and good.

I'm totally in love. Sadis + yinyangAio1 forever. <3 (Yes, we're together irl. We're engaged.) Also, if you liked/dated him, please stay off my page.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

A few new incidents have made me retract my opinion about the issue. After reviewing the facts it is very clear that Nick Simmons is indeed guilty of plagiarism. He didn't even try to be original. He copied panel for panek for crying out loud.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Not only that, his characters look eerily similar. Look at this and tell me it doesn't look like Alucard:

Also:

Chick on the right looks exactly like Orihime.

Newbie Sadis is off to a good start Sadis's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, that does look like Alucard. And that does look like Orihime. That's just wrong.

I'm totally in love. Sadis + yinyangAio1 forever. <3 (Yes, we're together irl. We're engaged.) Also, if you liked/dated him, please stay off my page.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Ugh... I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

I don't understand why people can't just try to use their talents on their own terms instead of directly copying panels and changing minute details.

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

I love Nick, to bad but yes he will get sued if the makers want to press charges.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Nick Simmons however inexcusable had a reason for doing what he did. The reason was some cash. Money money money. That is his thing. Of course he may well pay for this. But why do people participate in plagiarism when it doesn't matter.

People have plagiarized works here on AO. To what end. There is no money or anything else to gain, only your credibility to be destroyed.

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, she does look like a blond version of orihime. and the worst part is that this guys manga looks pretty ugly compared to bleach. It's not delicate enough, the blood coming out of the guys mouth is too thick and gush like. It doesn't look realistic. his manga is really blah, ugly. i don't like the fact that it's in color either, when i saw the pictures in the first page when they compared it to bleach, bleach's looked better, even though it was pretty much the same thing. Even if he doesn't get sued, i don't think that the manga will ever be in the same league as those he's copying.
    every rose has a thorn

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2