+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: nintendo wii prices~

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: nintendo wii prices~

Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    i heard the new controllers where suppose to have a revolutionary design.
    Do these look nine year old compatibale?

Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 30, 2006 at 08:59 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont think they are compatible for me lol
    going to be neat to learn how to play that.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Pfft. The revolution controller is designed to unite veteran and new gamers alike. The intent of the Wii is to bridge the gap between gamers and new players.

As for launch titles, zelda is going to be the money raker. No one can deny the fanbase zelda has, I know I'm getting the Wii and that game ASAP. But they also are putting out project HAMMER, and the game Red Steel as well which both seem to give you a nice way to break in the new controls to learn. And like you've said, with the bargain price they're putting on the Wii, It would seem that nintendo has a small, but definate chance of beating the PS3 in sales at least at the start. Plus with SSBB coming in '07, and the virtual console and all, you'd be a fool NOT to get this awesome system.

Demon Loving Only Himself Self Loving Carnage may be famous one day Self Loving Carnage may be famous one day Self Loving Carnage's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that the nintendo wii will sell more than the
    PS3 at first because of the lower sales tag, but
    once the PS3 prices come down, they'll probably
    catch up. But then, who knows? People may
    decide the wii is better. The nintendo has
    always had a good systems and good games
    (Zelda being a prime example), so people
    may stick with the wii.
    You are not your job. You are not your bank account. You are not the contents of your wallet. You are not your ****ing Khakis. We are the all seeing all dancing crap of the world. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake you are the same rotting organic matter as everything else. We are all part of the same compost heap.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

however, we can't ignore the fact the PS3 and Xbox still have more 3rd party support. Although nintendo has attracted the big 3rd parties, we still aren't sure who else will try out this system. I like nintendo and I know it's going to have a great system, but we can't ignore it's equally eager competition.

Newbie johmi may be famous one day johmi may be famous one day
    Thanks

The Wii looks so ridiculously nice, but it still looks like an external cdrom drive, a very VERY sweet looking external cdrom drive. Looks better than the PS3.

And to answer your questions (maybe not), it's really hard to tell. Really though, whoever has the games will win out. I don't think one will slaughter the other, but probably PS3 will have more of the games mature audiences are looking for. Maybe.

Sorry if someone already mentioned this, but was too lazy to read the other posts lol. I'll delete this post if someone thinks I'm biting them.
    Last edited by johmi; May 27, 2006 at 11:08 PM.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Well the Nintendo systems have always been mediocre when compared to the Xbox or PS systems, we can't expect anything more or less than mediocre this time around either. Instead of calling it Nintendo Wii, why didn't they just name it Nintendo "Why?".
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 28, 2006 at 12:11 AM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Thanks

it's looks to me that 360 and PS3 look more mediocre this time around. I mean, PS3, same damn controller for the 3rd time around? half-ass fixes to it just right after nintendo shows the goods? Nothing extraordinary about that to me. And I haven't seen too many great games for the Xbox yet either. nintendo at least will start out with a game people are actually interested in playing. Plus let's face it: graphics are nice, but you can only get so far with them. And last time I played 360, all I played was a pretty looking, yet generic racing game that wasn't even that interesting. Perhaps you should relook before you call nintendo's new system mediocre.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2