Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo's announcement

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Nintendo's announcement

I really can't wait myself, being a diehard nintendo fan. They're making an enhancement version of the DS called Dsi. Only thing that disappoints me is that they are taking off the GBA slot because of trying to make it more miniature. The downloadable games and camera to Dsi is an even more awesome enhancement, I seriously can not wait! Also, along with the wii console, the wiigames being downloaded to the sd card was a tad disappointing, I don't see why they just don't put more memory to the wii itself, but whatever, I guess I'll let this one go....

If you want to be more informed about this announcement, here is the link to the report.

IGN Advertisement

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Nintendo's announcement

I personally don't mind the GBA slot being removed since I always found it slightly annoying to have to see my GBA game cartridge's ass hanging out. The camera both confuddles and intrigues me. The bigger screens excites me.

The DSi [or as some people are nicknaming it, the iDS] is basically Nintendo's answer to Apple's iPod, but I don't think I'm ever going to use the SD card feature for music. I suppose it'd be a decent contingency plan whenever my iPod's battery dies, which happens often because I always forget to charge the silly thing. Lawl.
    I love my girlfriend.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

It looks kinda cool, but I don't see myself getting one. I've still got the original DS, and I love it, I've already got a kick ass iPod, It looks nice, and the camera thing sounds kinda cool, but I doubt I'd ever get it. I also like my GBA slot, so though it looks like a lucrative upgrade, no thanks nintendo.

Newbie Kismet is off to a good start
    Thanks

Yeah, it's a neat idea but I wouldn't buy another DS; as dark said.

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

I do think it's a good idea, though I will miss the GBA slots, because I have alot of those...but, I am happy about some new fetures in the Dsi! I'll deffinatly be buying it when it comes out! ^^

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Otaku Sneakyarrow is off to a good start Sneakyarrow's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't plan on getting one, mainly because 1) I use the GBA slot a LOT. 2) I have a 160G IPod (Need I say more?) and 3) I have a camera that stores more than it does.

Est Sularis oth Mithas
    Going home soon.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm rather looking forward to it myself. Its not something that I'd go straight out and buy but its something that I'd like to pick up sometime in the course of my life as a supporter of Nintendo. Its new features over the DS is rather intriguing, but not mind blowing. The loss of the GBA slot is a 50/50 kinda thing for me. I use it but as like Innerhell I dont really like seeing the cartridge sticking out, hence I usually use my SP...or in extreme situations the original GBA. (I can barely see the screen anymore though, my eyes are so used to the back-lit screen)

To add I think I want to buy a colored version this time...I went with the Polar White for my DSlite, I thought it was a wise choice for it to go along with the FFlll themed stickers, etc. I got for it at the time but...white isnt a good color for hardcore gamers as the dirt, grime, etc from the hands starts to stain it...the back of my DS is now a light shade of orange. (Gross, I know)
    Last edited by Shinku no kage; Oct 05, 2008 at 03:56 PM.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku Jewel of Atlantis Champion, Project 156 Champion, Suna Sudoku Champion, Virus 3 Hex Options Champion kaki tori kaizoku is off to a good start kaki tori kaizoku's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    I'm rather looking forward to it myself. Its not something that I'd go straight out and buy but its something that I'd like to pick up sometime in the course of my life as a supporter of Nintendo. Its new features over the DS is rather intriguing, but not mind blowing. The loss of the GBA slot is a 50/50 kinda thing for me. I use it but as like Innerhell I dont really like seeing the cartridge sticking out.

To add I think I want to buy a colored version this time...I went with the Polar White for my DSlite, I thought it was a wise choice for it to go along with the FFlll themed stickers, etc. I got for it at the time but...white isnt a good color for hardcore gamers as the dirt, grime, etc from the hands starts to stain it
    Actually, this is the first time i heard about DSi.i agree with Shinku no kage. my bro has a DS and it kinda in bad condition, the top half is floppy, the left side of his touch screen does not work and its all scratch up. i would like to get one in crimson red for myself.

My Youtube My Deviant
    Goal: 363/500 posts to elite member

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast