+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nobodies and Homunculi

Newbie Captain Geusak may be famous one day Captain Geusak may be famous one day
    Thanks

Nobodies and Homunculi

Sorry if this idea has already been taken and I'm sorry if this is in the wrong category but I just had to ask this question: Do the Nobodies in Kingdom Hearts 2 and Homunculi from Fullmetal Alchemist seem similar to you?

Well, think about it for a moment. The Nobodies from Organization 13 and the Homunculi both want to become whole again by using some sort of item(Kingdom Hearts/Philosheper's Stone). They both have special ablities, and they both kind of represent their former selves. Do any of you guys understand what I'm trying to say?

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Nobodies and Homunculi

Well, the Homunculi are mythical beings.
    A creation that can mimic anything, it can also bring the dead back to life in some snippets of mythical history.

It was people's idea of "cloning" back in the day... they say if you can get your hands on one, all you'd need to do is make it copy a youth's body and transfer your soul to that cloned body. And that way, you succeed in eternal youth.
    (and of course, the philosopher's stone was also an amazing mythical item that had unimaginable powers... but mostly known for turning anything into gold)

But I digress...

Yes, they are similar, however, none is copied. The Nobody and Homunculus just tend to be similar because they fit perfectly into the storyline for both series.
    You've got a sharp eye for noticing that, though.
    But no, there's no reason for their similarity. Just coincidence.

Newbie Captain Geusak may be famous one day Captain Geusak may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Nobodies and Homunculi

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Well, the Homunculi are mythical beings.
    A creation that can mimic anything, it can also bring the dead back to life in some snippets of mythical history.

It was people's idea of "cloning" back in the day... they say if you can get your hands on one, all you'd need to do is make it copy a youth's body and transfer your soul to that cloned body. And that way, you succeed in eternal youth.
    (and of course, the philosopher's stone was also an amazing mythical item that had unimaginable powers... but mostly known for turning anything into gold)

But I digress...

Yes, they are similar, however, none is copied. The Nobody and Homunculus just tend to be similar because they fit perfectly into the storyline for both series.
    You've got a sharp eye for noticing that, though.
    But no, there's no reason for their similarity. Just coincidence.
    Hmmm... I see what you mean. They're not exactly quite similar, but they do fit into the storyline for both series. Now it makes sense! Thank you so much for clearing that up for me!(Oh, and great job on the explanation. It was very clear and very well written!)

+ Reply to Thread